HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2014, 05:13 PM
Kid at heart..
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Apr 2014
140 Posts
Help!
How to remove flex shaft from Genesis

Hi all, I did a search for the answer but didn't find any results returned. I just received my Genesis from HK and was going through all the pre-checks before running. I want to remove the drive shaft and lube it before its first run. However, I am not able to remove it. On my other boats, I just loosen the collet and pull the shaft from the rear and it would come out. However, for the Genesis it would not. I think it might have a two piece flex shaft, but I am not sure. I am find it hard how to remove the drive shaft for lubing. If you have experience with the Genesis or know how to do it, I would appreciate it if you would explain how.

Thank you,

Dillin
hangtheman is offline Find More Posts by hangtheman
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2014, 05:41 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,092 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's in the instruction manual that came with the boat.
But if you didn't get the manual, here's all you do.
Undo the collett.
Scribe a line on the strut along the strut brackets so you at least know where the original strut height & angle is.
Remove the strut bolt @ pull the strut & shaft away from the boat.
You may need to remove the shear bolt from the rudder bracket & kick back the rudder blade.

To grease inside the strut. you will need to remove the shaft from the strut.
Remove the prop nut, prop, & drive dog. pull the shaft out through the front of the strut.

The first upgrade you need is the welded shaft upgrade.

Happy Boating.
Paul.
785boats is online now Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Sep 14, 2014, 06:22 PM
Kid at heart..
Joined Apr 2014
140 Posts
Thank you Paul, I'll give it a try. I read the instruction manual, but it did not show how to do it. It just shows how to put on the prop and connect the ESC, Receiver and Battery to motor. It a generic manual and nothing specific about the boat.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 08:18 PM
Kid at heart..
Joined Apr 2014
140 Posts
Thanks Paul, I was able to pull out the shaft and lube it.