Old Mar 19, 2014, 07:13 AM
7up
,ɯǝ ʇoƃ ɐʎ ɟı ,ɯǝ ǝʞoɯs
USA, KY, West Liberty
Joined Jun 2001
1,154 Posts
Link
Lighten your foamies even more!

I know alot of you foamie guys like to pinch every gram you can, me, not so much, but anyway, I ran across this product, "Electric Paint". Basically, you can draw out circuit lines in place of wires, eliminating the weight of your wiring. You could eliminate extensions, never come up short on your motor connections again.. Draw your entire electrical system right on the inside of your foamie.

This product is water based so no harm should come to your foam, unless you crash. The paint is black so you could disguise your circuit as trim lines, or you can paint right over it.

It costs $15,95 for a 10ml pen plus shipping fr0m London,

I have never used this product, nor am I affiliated in any way with this company. I just thought it might be useful to some of you weight pinchin' foamie guys.

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...atalogId=10001

-Buk
7up is offline Find More Posts by 7up
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2014, 07:30 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,453 Posts
Nice thought and it is quite interesting....but the minor problem is that the resistance is so high that you'd need to paint a strip about 30ft wide to take the sort of currents we normally use .

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Mar 19, 2014, 09:28 AM
7up
,ɯǝ ʇoƃ ɐʎ ɟı ,ɯǝ ǝʞoɯs
USA, KY, West Liberty
Joined Jun 2001
1,154 Posts
Thanks for the lnfo. I went back and read the PDF and discoverd two more pages that I didn't know were there, Specifically Page 3. Not so good for us foamie guys after all.

Oh well, it was a good thought any way.

-Buk
7up is offline Find More Posts by 7up
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:50 AM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,180 Posts
Yah interesting concept maybe it will develop Into more. Couldn't find anywhere info on acceptable amp draw , I assume from the high resistance that it won't handle a lot of current . It also says it can fracture when flexed and I imagine our little foam planes do some of that in flight. Pretty cool concept
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor