HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:51 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Hey TJ, are they stock motors with what size pinions??

Also, there won't be any aerial filming any time soon as my quadcopter took on a mind of its own and went flat stick into a shed from about 50m away. It will be on the bench for a while now as I can't afford to fix it just yet. ����
Dam that sucks Alan .
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:57 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
WARNING those of you from hot dusty climates should probably look away. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Ms5...ature=youtu.be
I can see why you need to make your bike submersible Gaz. The bike just stopped dead at the end lol .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:12 AM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Some footage from the other day of me & my mate testing our new 5800mah 40-80C lipo's they gave the bikes more punch & good run time.

Vinnie's day did not go well after 5mins running he pulled the screw out of his butt & started playing havoc in the handling department, then he got knocked out & near ripped his hand off in an endo so while he was off to the hospital i did some close up footage of my mates bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQAJcEGubiE
As Chris said, the bikes is handling great. Are you still using that 3,000/1.3 pistons setup?

What oil are you using in the forks and in the steering shock?

Thanks.

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:21 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
I can see why you need to make your bike submersible Gaz. The bike just stopped dead at the end lol .
Well if you watch this vid of a 1/5 race here in the uk you can see why I was surprised at the lack of wet weather capability on a dirt bike.
BRCA 1/5 RC bike race 1/7/07 Mendip. (3 min 32 sec)
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:24 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,761 Posts
Quote:
Some footage from the other day of me & my mate testing our new 5800mah 40-80C lipo's they gave the bikes more punch & good run time.

Vinnie's day did not go well after 5mins running he pulled the screw out of his butt & started playing havoc in the handling department, then he got knocked out & near ripped his hand off in an endo so while he was off to the hospital i did some close up footage of my mates bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQAJcEGubiE
Vinnie is getting pretty beat up lately. lol. Anyways, TJ awesome job on the camera work. Just watching the bike come in close on the little bumps and suspension working and roost flying up is so cool! Great job. Oh yeah, looks like the mm450 went with nylon what diameter did he go with? You need to do that camera work more often now because it looks so good to not have it in haha.
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:52 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Vinnie is getting pretty beat up lately. lol. Anyways, TJ awesome job on the camera work. Just watching the bike come in close on the little bumps and suspension working and roost flying up is so cool! Great job. Oh yeah, looks like the mm450 went with nylon what diameter did he go with? You need to do that camera work more often now because it looks so good to not have it in haha.
Yeah, suspension is working great. I stopped the videos at some frames and it was nice to see the suspension compressed.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:17 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Hi guys,

I did some maintenance and found the Rx box dusty. I used 1mm mounting tape to add some barrier to minimize dust entrance. I also added mounting tape on the interior of the Rx box to damp vibrations from the Rx. Vibrations are hard in the bike and they can make the Rx fail over time. I had to do the cap that way because I ran out of tape .

In the inspection, I also discovered the right rear wheel bearing inner and outer races rotating on the gyro stator shaft and wheel housing respectively, when the gyro is running, even with the bike tire on the floor. I'll apply CA between the bearing and wheel housing to stop at least that rotation. I applied force to the wheel and the inner race of the bearing still rotates. This is no good as this will damage the stator shaft so I'll have to apply a bit of loctite to stop that rotation.

David
Last edited by davehour; Jan 28, 2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:26 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Awesome stuff Chris. That bike looks to be working very nicely and your mates driving is coming around . Poor Vinnie lol.
Cheers mate the bikes are handling great i think the extra weight of the battery has helped my mates bikes suspension work better, he is getting better i think he needs to do more laps by himself so he can concentrate on the track & not racing me.

You have to give it to Vinnie though, even in an endo he is throwing heel clickers lol & i am not sure whether Deegan was trying to push the bike off him or trying to squash him some more.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:27 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,634 Posts
Quote:
Well if you watch this vid of a 1/5 race here in the uk you can see why I was surprised at the lack of wet weather capability on a dirt bike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OyRPO79F_s
There came a point where I thought I might need a boat for my track lol.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:30 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Hey TJ, are they stock motors with what size pinions??

Also, there won't be any aerial filming any time soon as my quadcopter took on a mind of its own and went flat stick into a shed from about 50m away. It will be on the bench for a while now as I can't afford to fix it just yet. ����
That sucks about your copter i take it they don't crash well, you will have to get your mate & his one, i hope you did not have your camera on it when it crashed.

My mates MM is stock 4200 with a 12t pinion mine is a tenshock 5200 12t pinion.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:32 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
As Chris said, the bikes is handling great. Are you still using that 3,000/1.3 pistons setup?

What oil are you using in the forks and in the steering shock?

Thanks.

David
Hi David, yes i am still using the 3,000/1.3 set up & hpi 30weight in both forks & steering damper.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:58 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Hi David, yes i am still using the 3,000/1.3 set up & hpi 30weight in both forks & steering damper.
Ok, thanks TJ.

Regarding the problem I reported previously about the right rear wheel bearing, I took off the rear wheel and found the bearing had loctite already applied from factory. There's a big gap between the stator shaft and the bearing so that's why they used it. I applied medium strength loctite externally to at least stop the race from rotating on the shaft. After I applied the loctite, I rotated-slipped the bearing inner race to distribute the it on the shaft until I have time to disassemble the gyro to see if I can use bearing retaining compound which is the correct stuff to use but hard to remove. I have to make sure I'll be able to remove the bearing if I use bearing retaining compound.

David
Last edited by davehour; Jan 28, 2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:04 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Yes mate Vinnie is starting to feel his age he had to have 2 hand transplants after the crash , Vinnie does not know yet that i have a new young Deegan coming.
I wish i hand 4 hands so i could do more camera work as i do enjoy using it & i love the slow mo close up stuff, an auto zooming camera is what we need
The nylon is 6mm mate same as me, everything i do to mine i have to do the same to his.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:43 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Hi guys,

I did some maintenance and found the Rx box dusty. I used 1mm mounting tape to add some barrier to minimize dust entrance. I also added mounting tape on the interior of the Rx box to damp vibrations from the Rx. Vibrations are hard in the bike and they can make the Rx fail over time. I had to do the cap that way because I ran out of tape .

In the inspection, I also discovered the right rear wheel bearing inner and outer races rotating on the gyro stator shaft and wheel housing respectively, when the gyro is running, even with the bike tire on the floor. I'll apply CA between the bearing and wheel housing to stop at least that rotation. I applied force to the wheel and the inner race of the bearing still rotates. This is no good as this will damage the stator shaft so I'll have to apply a bit of loctite to stop that rotation.

David
Look up the spec on Loctite 660
Is a repair product and have used it to retain full size bearings that have locked and turned in the housings
Have used it on the small front wheel bearings with no problem and took up the gap
Has got a filler to bulk it up so better than retainer green
Has a longer cure time so easier to get every thing back and all lined up correctly
Removal is the normal applied heat where I have found a big soldering iron direct to the bearing is better than a hot air blower or flame as for full size bearings
Any Loctite product on non metal housings like the cover one they suggest a quick spray of 7649 activator first

Cheers Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Last edited by Jimob23; Jan 28, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:44 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,634 Posts
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OyRPO79F_s
Just slightly wet lol.
RCG Plus Member