SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 13, 2012, 05:59 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2012
171 Posts
Thats a neat way to look at it, thanks earl. When you look at the complete model the task of building seems so daunting but a series of small parts doesnt soud so scary.
essar is offline Find More Posts by essar
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2012, 01:46 PM
SENTA A PUAAA!!!
Brazil, RJ, Miguel Pereira
Joined Apr 2007
919 Posts
Wow! 100 pages!

Congratulations, boys! Nice number to a nice airplane!
Wilian Amaral is offline Find More Posts by Wilian Amaral
Old May 14, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Feb 2009
424 Posts
Thanks Wilian..., I'm glad its all built and done, I'm sure Tom feels the same way too'. Paying Tom a visit in a few weeks. Taking the 195 up there along with the Bravo and Cessna 182. I'm sure we're in for a good time... Glenn
G McIntosh is offline Find More Posts by G McIntosh
Old May 14, 2012, 02:29 PM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,412 Posts
Thanks, Wil !
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Jul 2010
24 Posts
Tom,

Drove up to Saginaw on Monday and brought the 195 home. Been a long time coming. Dick is still there, but his health is not allowing him to do much. We spent Monday afternoon hangar flying, and then I loaded up and headed back to Nashville. Got home 0300 Tuesday morning. We are in the process of moving back to Florida. Hope to see you at Monster Plane, or Top Gun.

Bill
Waco Brother is offline Find More Posts by Waco Brother
Last edited by Waco Brother; Jun 20, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:50 PM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,412 Posts
Good to hear from you, Bill !

Glenn had his 195 up here, last weekend, at the TRAMPS flyin. It was the hit of the show.

Years ago, Dick was a regular at this flyin, but I haven't seen him in a while. I hope that his health improves.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:52 PM
Joined Jul 2010
24 Posts
Tom,

Dick's problem is with his back. He's has several operations. I wish I could have been there long enough to see you and Glenn. It was a marathon drive. Nashville to Saginaw and back in 22.5 hours.

Bill
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:00 PM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,412 Posts
I'm too old for marathon drives, Bill. LOL

Traverse City is another 2 hours northwest of Saginaw. It would have been a stretch for you to be here for our flyin and to visit.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 07:25 AM
Joined Jul 2010
24 Posts
Tom,

We are back in Florida (on the farm) and I'll have to admit that I'm bone tired. From Nearly Canada to nearly Cuba in one week is a little much. The Cessna and the rest of the models survived the move wonderfully. It'll be in the air before the month is out. I'm thinking either a ZDZ 40 Rear Intake Rear Exhaust or a G38 for power. The G would add the needed nose weight, but there is just something about the RERI engine........
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:05 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,412 Posts
Hi Bill

I think nose weight will be an asset. It's something to consider.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:52 PM
Joined Feb 2009
424 Posts
G-38... you need the nose weight...
G McIntosh is offline Find More Posts by G McIntosh
Old Jul 09, 2012, 09:49 AM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,026 Posts
subbed. Just read the whole thread to date, too cool. Good job guys!
Endlesslag is online now Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:03 PM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag View Post
subbed. Just read the whole thread to date, too cool. Good job guys!
Thanks !
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:59 PM
cessna_aerobat
Luton, England
Joined Dec 2009
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G McIntosh View Post
Tried something different today in applying solartex to the fully sheeted wing of the 195'. Well different for me... being an old traditionalist in using a monocote iron. Well in the process of covering the wing. After a good final sanding of the sheeting and use of a tak-rag. The wing received a good cote of Stits-Poly-Tak. Sanded lightly... removing fuzz & raised grain. Tak it again. I sealed and stretched around all the edges first. Using a new heat-gun, shrunk what remaining loose fabric there was... nice and tight. Then heated it again in small area's & using a cotton sock rubbed it all down. Talk about easy and nice results... beautiful. Wing 1 ready for some Nitrate dope.
Hi Glenn, I just wanted to pick your brains. I am in the process of covering my 1/3 scale Druine Turbulent built from the precedent kit, I have finished building the tailplane and elevators and have covered these in yellow solartex as a base for the final finish of yellow paint, the only thing left to do is to apply the rib stitching and rib tapes. I notice that you suggest spraying the parts with nitrate dope before the paint finish, what is the reason for this? Does it stop the covering from going slack and bubbling in the sun? If so as the solartex has already been heat shrunk with a hot air gun is the dope the non-shrinking variety? one final question, I read somewhere else on the internet that a guy had sprayed his model with dope prior to painting but then commented some time later that the paint had started to lift & that the dope had not penetrated into the weave and had merely sat on the surface, have you had any problems with this?
I have attached a picture of my tailplane in its current state
chrislarkins is offline Find More Posts by chrislarkins
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:55 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Palos Verdes
Joined Sep 2012
12 Posts
Just wanted to chime in, and be number 1500 to post

WooHoo! Been enthralled, and sufficiently impressed and inspired by you gents. Sometimes, I think that 'my' building pace is so slow, Alaskan glaciers make better progress...but of course, as recently pointed out, it's not a race.

Partly my slowness stemmed around certain frustrations, when trying to accomplish something, to make it look "just right"...and inevitably, I end up doing it the most difficult and time-consuming way imaginable. Your "Hints and Tips" in this thread do wonders to stimulate the creative juices!! Thanx! ( :up: )

Now, Tom, over to your "Airmaster" build thread....getting the now.....

Seeya, TJ
767Captain is offline Find More Posts by 767Captain