Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 21, 2013, 06:37 PM
New Zealand, Wellington, Porirua
Joined Jan 2013
96 Posts
Ok, so connect the two batteries to a switch.
viperidae is online now Find More Posts by viperidae
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2013, 01:58 PM
Euphoric flights
United States, NY, Fredonia
Joined Aug 2011
517 Posts
Okay, new thing: can common led's operate on at most 13V's? I thought about putting a led in series with a switch for my video transmitter which connects to my primary flight batteries balance plugs this way I don't forget to leave it plugged in.
GreenAce92_v2 is offline Find More Posts by GreenAce92_v2
Old Apr 26, 2013, 02:13 PM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,424 Posts
Most common LEDs run on something between about 3 and 3.5v. The usual thing is to put a resistor in series with them, depending on what voltage you want to use, and what mA the LED is rated for. There's a calculator here which will tell you what value resistor if you input the supply voltage and the LED's volts and mA specs http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Old Apr 26, 2013, 03:09 PM
"MAYONNAISE"
Le Treport, France
Joined Jun 2004
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srnet View Post
The latest incarnation of the small PICAXE, the 08M2, now has an internal fixed reference voltage, so accurate measurement of external voltages is possible with no more than a suitable resistor voltage divider.
Hi, Stuart

I think you should verify the Voltage ref data before using the accurate word for measurements ...

There's a little trick to calibrate it ( see 12F1840 datasheet ! ) ...of course, but an external voltage ref ( such a TL431 i.e. ) remains THE choice for real accuracy.

Alain ... who has already tested for you ...
Acetronics is offline Find More Posts by Acetronics
Old Apr 27, 2013, 01:05 AM
Stuart
UK, Cardiff
Joined Dec 2008
3,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acetronics View Post
Hi, Stuart

I think you should verify the Voltage ref data before using the accurate word for measurements ...
Why do you assume I did not ?

With a 'suitable resistor voltage divider' or indeed 'suitable software' the internal voltage reference is capable of accurate voltage measurements.

The stated tolerance of the FVR is a little wide, but it is stable enough temperature wise so once setup is more than capable of being 'accurate' for the purpose under discussion.
srnet is online now Find More Posts by srnet