HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by gmugs284sm, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:33 PM
USA, OR, Salem
Joined Dec 2010
20 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Lowering the Stacks

Jay;

It was easy to select the kits to go! It was really hard to let go! I did the old write the name on a piece of paper and drew names, then almost put some back. I bet I spent at least two hours picking out kits and putting them back but I've still got to reduce the stacks more. I have some IC kits that I wanted to convert to electric that still has to be picked through. There's just now way that I can build my way out of this.

Gary
gmugs284sm is offline Find More Posts by gmugs284sm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:31 PM
Joined Apr 2005
368 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmugs284sm View Post
:

.... I'll pay the insurance and delivery conformation. All kits will be shipped USPS and only to the CONUS....

Gary
Nice selection of kits. Was surprised that the Sailaire was the last to be sold. BTW, shipping to Alaska or Hawaii via Priiority Mail costs the same as shipping to the east coast from OR and the transit time is just a few days.
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:34 PM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,870 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmugs284sm View Post
Jay;

It was easy to select the kits to go! It was really hard to let go! I did the old write the name on a piece of paper and drew names, then almost put some back. I bet I spent at least two hours picking out kits and putting them back but I've still got to reduce the stacks more. I have some IC kits that I wanted to convert to electric that still has to be picked through. There's just now way that I can build my way out of this.

Gary
I feel your pain Gary.
Have you inventoried your collection?
You might find it therapeutic to catalog your collection.I think we all would like to see what your holding on to,maybe a series of photos in your blog.
Who knows,offers could start being made and end up helping you sift through the goners & keepers.
HTH
Jay
P.S. There are various "what's in your closet" threads where members brag,rant,drool over all the stashed classics.I think you'd fit right in.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:08 PM
USA, OR, Salem
Joined Dec 2010
20 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Lowering the Stacks

I look at the number of kits and feel more like a horder than a collector.

Your idea of cataloging the kits and listing them so people could see what I have.....Is not new. I one time did list some kits just to get an idea of their worth. I'll never do that again. I got all kinds of lowball, off the wall, and just plain irate replys. I also got some good replys and sold a couple but, I received all kinds of crap for weeks afterwards.

Gary
gmugs284sm is offline Find More Posts by gmugs284sm
Closed Thread