This guy is a star!!!!!
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/672657...oto_proto_2_2/
symon is online now Find More Posts by symon
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:55 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
284 Posts
If it doesn't work - try and try again....

-rskip
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:31 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
think its his steering setup thats the problem, forks infront of pivot point lol
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:11 PM
mp-
Napa, California
Joined Jan 2004
706 Posts
That's painful to watch. Might be more understandable if this were 1973. The basics of RC bike construction have only been known for 30 years or so...

mp-
mp- is offline Find More Posts by mp-
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:12 PM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
Looks like he's had no experience of R/C bikes,considering it's totally scratch built I think he's done well,just needs someone with the knowledge to help him.

Before anyone laughs they should ask themselves if they could have started from scratch with no previous knowledge and got that far.

Just looks to me like he's got direct steering and probably doesn't know to reverse the steering as well.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:14 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
284 Posts
I agree, I bet if he got together with someone with a little more rc bike experience he could get that thing humming quickly.

-rskip
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:20 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by symon View Post
The humble beginnings, Been there and know exactly how it feels.

Nitro will make you man up in a jiffy. Or go home with your tail between your legs,
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:30 PM
mp-
Napa, California
Joined Jan 2004
706 Posts
Indeed, Alan. The funny part isn't that he's trying and failing miserably, but that he's built from scratch and ignored 30 years of successful RC bike design. Now that's something to at least smile about.

mp-
mp- is offline Find More Posts by mp-
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Could have easily been electric also!

Been there!!!! LOL Long before i found this forum been building custom nitro bikes. My very first was a conversion kit for the fm1e. Me and a friend finished each of our own at the sametime abouts. Took that baby out for a run,bam did more chasin and recovery.Than actual driving the darn thing! Me and my buddy looked at each other.Then said this crap deosn't WORK!!!!! I wouldn't give up so i thought about it and asked around to some of the full scale motor racers. They said counter steering,Then it clicked!!!!Reversed steering channel then I made a foam rear tire and i was off and running. I think i still have the first video of it running.

If he got that far as to do a scratch build bike...I think he will eventually get it right.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:32 PM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbyphilips View Post

Nitro will make you man up in a jiffy. Or go home with your tail between your legs,
Very true,anyone can plug a battery in.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbyphilips View Post

LOL Yep! Especially when your working with an engine that was not designed to be stuffed in a 1/5 2 wheeled rc. Then expect to get the most out of it.....
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:53 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,816 Posts
My first I/C bike was scratch built in 1983 with leaning forks like the Eleck Rider with a Veco 19, It kind of went ok straight away, and I could not believe I was steering it around the carpark, but I had problems with massive tank slapping at higher speed, then saw the DWA with direct steering did that to mine and away it went perfect, infact it was so stable I took out the little Veco 19 and stuck in a Picco 21, So all I did was look at other bikes and copy what they had done, wonder why this guy did not do a little bit of homework first, still got the bike and kind of proud of it
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:50 PM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,420 Posts
He probably could have gotten to the next step (setup) if He had rollers or crashbars on it.
katana2665 is offline Find More Posts by katana2665
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:04 AM
Copenhagen, Danmark
Joined Dec 2009
35 Posts
The way he changes TX from hand to hand. He is not used to have one in hand. Placing the bike on the ground with wheel spinning, won't do. He is revving the nitro engine all the time. No idling speed? Do not expect it to have a gyro in the rearwheel. Handling problems might be easier to find the answers for, if he started his RC bikelife on electric power. French wording in the end of video, is that where he comes from?
Erling.
gnilre is offline Find More Posts by gnilre