SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:41 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,787 Posts
Yup. There is more BS day after day than any good real comments. Don't let the armchair jockies get you down...this fan looks great.
Pepperpete is online now Find More Posts by Pepperpete
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:26 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon View Post
is almost an exact copy of the Schubie...
I'm usually one of the guys whining about copied stuff, but I think you're way off here. Maybe he's got me fooled, but the DS94HST blades have a big S curve in the leading edge and this doesn't. The stator, though it has 4 blades, has no twist or taper like I said. The DS94HST does. The blade hubs have to be different because more of them fit in the circle.

From one fan builder to another, keep up the nice work and thanks for sharing.

Steve C
Steve C is offline Find More Posts by Steve C
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:14 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,252 Posts
also the schubeler hst fans have the motor wire exit through the stators...

I've owned a DS-94 HST and this does not look like a copy to me..... it's carbon and high blade count....but that's about it

Looks like a nice fan, I'll be keeping an eye out on this one and your price it really great for a large fan
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:55 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Any test #'s yet?
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:59 AM
Russian Federation, Murmanskaya oblast, Kirovsk
Joined Nov 2011
70 Posts
Sorry, I have not yet received ESC for 14S. The test will be done in a week.
QQHeaD is offline Find More Posts by QQHeaD
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Oct 2012
5 Posts
Awesome work! Man you're a really good craftman and I'm very impressed by your work on this fan. How do you mold the fans, I suppose you're cutting small pieces of carbon roving using a model "flat" to have the less weight difference as possible but how do you inject the resin? do you put the resin with a brush and then close the mold? can you explain us your technique? sorry for my english....hope you'll understand what i mean...
Thanks for sharing your beautifull work with us! now I'm thinking about trying this at home too......just a last question : what did you use for your mold? it seems way harder than RTV.....is it PU resin or something like that? sorry for bugging you but it's normal when you make such "state of the art" work like this! ;-)
Watakashi is offline Find More Posts by Watakashi
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:11 PM
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
715 Posts
You are going to have to have access to a cnc mill....Well more than likely...plugs look like they were drawn up in digital and cnc'd....to get those slots exact for a high blade fan you would think it was the only way.....
Drawn up and let the mill cut the plug...
Hover or die is offline Find More Posts by Hover or die
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Nov 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watakashi View Post
Awesome work! Man you're a really good craftman and I'm very impressed by your work on this fan. How do you mold the fans, I suppose you're cutting small pieces of carbon roving using a model "flat" to have the less weight difference as possible but how do you inject the resin? do you put the resin with a brush and then close the mold? can you explain us your technique? sorry for my english....hope you'll understand what i mean...
Thanks for sharing your beautifull work with us! now I'm thinking about trying this at home too......just a last question : what did you use for your mold? it seems way harder than RTV.....is it PU resin or something like that? sorry for bugging you but it's normal when you make such "state of the art" work like this! ;-)
Please specify simple phrases, I use Google translator.

I paint with a brush to form a thin layer of resin. I put carbon, fill the root of the small pieces of carbon. As a filler for the blade, I use chopped carbon fiber mixed with resin.Spacer layer - wax + gasoline.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:00 AM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,917 Posts
When does your fan hit the market?
capt soap is online now Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:40 AM
Joined Nov 2011
70 Posts
Sorry guys, the first test ended accident.The fate of the project in question.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87295379@N06/page3/
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:32 AM
Pro Horder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,586 Posts
bummer..keep at it
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut