SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:51 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,448 Posts
When you need upgrade parts for bird to fly/ act right sounds kinda bad deal.
you could get two Nano CP-X's and one bl kit and time done have two nanos and fly to hearts content. Or get 180 CF-X. Hey not my show but I now have cool bl micro fleet.
Mini c/p bl main/ Two Nano CP-X bl upgraded/ Two very fine flying V120D20s's
Plus just got going V200D03's/ Work in progress 4f200 LM. Not to mention some good flying brushed birds also.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2014, 01:25 PM
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Jan 2007
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
So far, it seems this heli has been compared mostly with the larger 130X rather than the similarly sized mCPX BL. The stock mCPX BL flies very imprecise but I found a marked improvement with the Microheli DFC head.

I wonder whether a lot of the earlier problems have been sorted out with the current production of 150DFCs or is it still better to avoid it for the moment?
I can tell you I finally just picked up my first one.

Basically it's for Christmas so I really haven't done much with it yet. But in just what I have done I think it's a pretty nice micro helo.

Picked up the combo with the carrying case and all the latest stuff, including the metal swash. All that most would need in upgrades is really already there, so don't see much need for that.

Was all typically good Align quality and all things were packed well. I looked over the helo an didn't find any assembly defects or things broken already in the box. As well everything was assembled well an tight.

Btw, was pleased to find out the connection for the battery pack is basically a GP balance plug. For me was nice as was able to pop it right into the 2S board plug for my PL8...not only no need for a adapter, but balance charging from the start & an good pack feed back to boot.

Next as I had done up a model in my Futaba 14 awhile back per the instructions, just turned on the model in the Tx, put a pack in the 150, pushed the bind button on the MRS board, an it bound right off. No fussing or mussing other then that was needed with the Tx, nor was there even a need for a bind plug on the helo.

Checked over the basics an all looked good, spooled it in my hand through all things including throttle cut. Then set it down an gave it a quick hover flight in my den an it just flew just as it should right off.

Was drifting around a bit so I landed it an adjusted the expos to zero an it helped quite a bit. Noticed it did this a lot too as I really didn't get it off the ground too much, an eventually as I got about mid to higher in the room that smoothed out. But noted even in the down low prop wash, the tail had zero drift.

So that's all I did as only had a sec to get this far an as well didn't want to push it in such a tight spot an wreak it before Christmas. But I will add, like you I have been flying helos for a long time, an I can tell even from the little I did, this is a very powerful an "nimble" bird. It very much is like a smaller version of the bigger thing an as such, it's not going to be something you can just plow into anything an expect nothing to break. For sure it's got good planning for that, but it's not built to be crashed all day.

But all in all, that's always going to be the trade off for micros, indestructible an the closer you get to that, means a loss in power an capabilities, then the closer you get to those, the less indestructible its going to be.

For things these days, you kinda have to pick a poison.

For me I'd rather have the capabilities as at least I can tune those down, and or just flight it high enough. Plus those usually help you stay an fly out of trouble, (if you know what to do).

One last note, yes, as you mentioned, its small. Had a 130 and for sure its not the same size, so as such, its parts to work on are tiny.

Anyway, would think they are as best as they are going to be for this current release, an is probably the best blend of all you could want. And can be gotten with all that today for what I think is a really good price for all you could get today.

But would also say, if your going to look for problems an failings with it, am sure you will find something, so if that's ultimately what's on your mind, would not suggest getting one.
WBFAir is offline Find More Posts by WBFAir
Last edited by WBFAir; Nov 28, 2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 03:39 AM
Joined Oct 2014
9 Posts
very nice guide to flash BLHELI to your TREX 150

http://www.diysoup.com/do-it-yoursel...0-dfc-bl-heli/
ahmad_ie is offline Find More Posts by ahmad_ie
Old Dec 14, 2014, 05:29 AM
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Jan 2007
825 Posts
Thanks greatly for link, is a really good write up indeed.
WBFAir is offline Find More Posts by WBFAir
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:27 AM
Retired Engineer
St. Augustine, Florida
Joined Sep 2006
1,209 Posts
I have a Trex 150 I loaded the new BLHeli to it. It works fine but the main rotor startup is way too slow for me. I am using XP-7A main and XP=7a Fat Tail as recommended by ToddMcF2002.

I am not sure how to speed it up and do not want to damage anything.

thanks
ShokWaveRider is online now Find More Posts by ShokWaveRider
Old Dec 14, 2014, 04:45 PM
Joined Oct 2014
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider View Post
I have a Trex 150 I loaded the new BLHeli to it. It works fine but the main rotor startup is way too slow for me. I am using XP-7A main and XP=7a Fat Tail as recommended by ToddMcF2002.

I am not sure how to speed it up and do not want to damage anything.

thanks
in blheli u find:

start up power, start up speed, start up acceleration

those only effect start up , and btw playing with blheli wont damage anything. except input polariry which may prevents esc from starting.
ahmad_ie is offline Find More Posts by ahmad_ie