SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:37 PM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
Discussion
Pre-Flight Checks

Am Curious as to what everyone checks and goes over on their Pre-Flight Checks and After they get done flying
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:47 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
When I power up I basically just do an electronics check. I check all my servo travels. I also check for gyro correction.

At the end of a day of flying I put it on the bench and check for loose screws and anything out of place.

I think you will find that people's habbits are directly related to the failures that they have suffered in the past. A lot of lessons learned the hard way in this hobby.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:08 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,469 Posts
I'm still building up my checklist. So far, i check if the servo screws are loose, check the swashplate linkages, power it up on throttle hold and check the flight surfaces, and then throttle up.

I still have a fairly short checklist, i expect that to get significantly longer as i keep crashing.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:39 PM
Committed heli addict...
Joined Jan 2010
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOS View Post
Am Curious as to what everyone checks and goes over on their Pre-Flight Checks and After they get done flying
Check everything mechanical for integrity, wear and correct mechanical action.
-rotors, grips, head, arms, shafts, gears, belts, frames, linkages, mounts, skids, tail, canopy, lipo straps, nuts, bolts, bearings

Check everything electronic for integrity, wear and correct electronic operation.
-esc, bec, motor, rx, servos, gyro, fbl (if applicable), lipos, wires, connectors, solder joints, rx pack (if applicable), radio

Check safety checks
-perform a range check, make sure all batteries(flight pack, rx and tx) are charged, test throttle hold, verify that the gyro is operating correctly, verify the proper operation of the swash plate, have a spotter
phoenixheli is offline Find More Posts by phoenixheli
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:06 AM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,108 Posts
Hmmm

Mainly head and tail for loose screws parts every time before flying ..
Generally just check everything , from time to time I will check every screw .

From battery tray to feathering shaft screws to tail rotor .. Every last screw on the heli ...

Just listen to how it sounds , any new vibrations , You need to keep a very close eye on the head and tail and a general eye on everything else ..
And every now and again , check every last screw ..
old4570 is offline Find More Posts by old4570