HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined May 2010
1,804 Posts
Look For Full Page Advertising in January Issue of Model Aviation Magazine!!!

Zb/Esprit Model

Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:01 PM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
564 Posts
Both radio's are splendid from design, whatever the antenna on the DS16 will be.

I went for the DC16, can't wait to get my hands on it, hope it will be very SOON!!!!

Regards,

PAT
PAT-T is offline Find More Posts by PAT-T
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:21 AM
UK
Joined Nov 2002
1,673 Posts
Couple of questions:

1. Does the system hop frequency all the time, or only when the rx feels the need to like the original XPS system alleged it would do? Reason I ask is the wording on Jeti's site suggests it only changes frequency when it detects a need to, and not constantly like other fhss systems.

2. Since the tx is 16 channels, why is there an 18 channel rx?

thanks

Harry
HarryC is offline Find More Posts by HarryC
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:03 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
The transmitter might be only 16ch but they have been selling receivers and modules for the past 3 years. I ran the Jeti Duplex module in my MC4000 for two years before replacing it with a DC-16

The receiver has 18 outputs so even if you only have 12 inputs you could still use them.

On my old MC4000 I only bothered with 1 elevator output channel. I would then program 2 receiver outputs to use the same input. I can program direction, endpoints, subtrim on each of these outputs. Effectively a JR matchbox.

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:08 AM
USN (retired)
Idaho
Joined Jul 2007
218 Posts
A follow up question on that. Can you set up two independent receivers for use on a large scale plane with different channels assigned to each receiver? Receiver one has channels 1-8 and receiver two has channels 9-16. That way, multiple servos on the same control service can be driven independently from each receiver.
flymustangs is online now Find More Posts by flymustangs
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:23 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,144 Posts
Yes. Look for the "clone" function in the receiver manuals.
Geoff_S is offline Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:29 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryC View Post
Couple of questions:
1. Does the system hop frequency all the time, or only when the rx feels the need to like the original XPS system alleged it would do?
I believe it hops continuously, based on these spectrum analyzer results:
http://www.flyelectric.ukgateway.net/24scanner.htm
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=27

This post suggests an older iteration did indeed hop on demand:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=30
Geoff_S is offline Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:22 AM
UK
Joined Nov 2002
1,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
The transmitter might be only 16ch but they have been selling receivers and modules for the past 3 years. I ran the Jeti Duplex module in my MC4000 for two years before replacing it with a DC-16

The receiver has 18 outputs so even if you only have 12 inputs you could still use them.

On my old MC4000 I only bothered with 1 elevator output channel. I would then program 2 receiver outputs to use the same input. I can program direction, endpoints, subtrim on each of these outputs. Effectively a JR matchbox.

Dave
So regardless of the tx channels, I can control 18 servos by mapping them in the rx?

Do the servo outputs have multi-point curves in addition to end pts, sub trims etc?

The reason I am suddenly curious about Jeti now is that I run a Multiplex 4000 with Weatronic for my jets, and another 4000 with Mpx M-Link for all my other models, the Wea has fully programmable rx and I do have to make use of that and their multi point curves. But my txs are getting old and will need replacing, the new Weatronic tx is likely to be stupidly expensive, the new Multiplex Profi tx is not impressing Mpx 4000 users though we have yet to see the final software, so the Jeti with its capabilities and sensible prices is suddenly coming into the frame.

I have had a read through all this thread and bits of another, I presume no-one has stumbled upon any systemic problems with Jeti like the original XPS had? Anyone using it with jet models?

Is there any system for storing all the telemetry data, not just GPS, for review later?
HarryC is offline Find More Posts by HarryC
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:48 AM
Slovenia
Joined Jan 2009
63 Posts
Very interesting producer of third party sensors is SM-ModellBau. http://www.sm-modellbau.de/shop/index.php?cPath=18
I just tested new Unisens-E with XT60 connector in 4m glider. It can be connected to any of three systems (Jeti,Graupner HOTT,MPX) . Firmware is the same. All data are transmitted to DC-16 and there you can chose which is also written in log on internal SD card.

Full documentation of Jeti receivers : http://www.jetimodel.com/data_downlo...1-07-en-de.zip

Some of receivers settings:
-Set Input Channel: function affiliation to particular outputs, any input channel or its mixing product which
may be specified in the menu Channel Set can be set up.
-Reverse A: makes throw reverse at the output in the half plane A possible, the half planes are subdivided
according to the neutral position setup (Channel set - Set Center)
-Reverse B: makes throw reverse at the output in the half plane B possible
-Gain A: Amplification of the output throw in half plane A (100% - without changes)
-Gain B: Amplification of the output throw in half plane B (100% - without changes)
-Signal Fault: setup of the receiver behaviour in case of signal loss, repeat- repetition of the last valid throw
positions, out off – output switched off, FailSafe – transition to preset throw positions of individual outputs which
may be set up in the FailSafe menu.
-FailSafe: throw setup of a selected output in case of signal loss
-Delay: delay of servo speed (at the output) in case of a change at the input, the entry time corresponds with
the transit time within the output range between 1ms to 2ms which, for instance, may be suitable for
retracting a landing gear
-Curve: Setup of a channel output curve
-ATV High Limit: restriction (reduction) of the maximum throw of a particular output (half plane B)
-ATV Low Limit: restriction (reduction) of the maximum throw of a particular output (half plane A)
-Output Group: setup of a particular output for a selected group of output pulses, which are generated by the
receiver at the same time
alfasud is offline Find More Posts by alfasud
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined Mar 2009
416 Posts
Zb/Esprit Model :

After reading manuals I am impressed with simplicity of programming and their projection of a durable
product. I'm giving strong consideration to use this with our two B-47's instead of Futaba. I have time
yet to decide. Looking forward to customer feedback.

Certainly makes complex outboard and inboard flaperon differential programming simple. Funcional
sequencing is close to an if-&-then programming capability. Conditional mixes across all channels
is impressive! Based on the manual this will sell well. Look forward to seeing it perform as advertised.
FliteMetal is offline Find More Posts by FliteMetal
Last edited by FliteMetal; Nov 14, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:33 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,658 Posts
Esprit
Very impressive.Best of luck with a successful launch.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:57 AM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
Quick question...

I'm going to be setting up two of my helicopters (Goblin 700 and Bergen 44 turbine) running Vbar with Jeti.

My plan was rather than run full size receivers to run one RSAT2 (full range) on each heli and pipe the PPM signal directly into the Vbar. This will work, correct?

Second question: I'm going to be running a voltage/current sensor on each heli. Does the RSAT2 have one available port for a telemetry sensor to connect to? I believe it does but I want to verify.

If there is a better approach to all this please let me know now so I order the right components; I already have the radio and 2 RSAT2's on order.

Esprit, on your webpage there's a note that says the RSAT2 is not FCC approved; is approval pending on that particular receiver? I'd much prefer to run the smaller RSAT2 instead of having to run a larger R9 or similar on my helis; Vbar only needs the single line PPM input so the RSAT2 would be the smallest/cleanest installation. If the RSAT2 isn't going to be available in the USA please let me know so I can change my order!
Kiba is offline Find More Posts by Kiba
Last edited by Kiba; Nov 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:51 AM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Rsat2 works fine with VBar. Out the box it causes problems but simply set it to 20ms output period and reduce the number of channels (16 doesn't fit in 20ms). You only need 5 or 6 for the average 3D heli.

I run an RSat2 on an APM2.5 autopilot and love the simpler wiring. It has a telemetry port just like the conventional receivers.

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined May 2010
1,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryC View Post
Couple of questions:

1. Does the system hop frequency all the time, or only when the rx feels the need to like the original XPS system alleged it would do? Reason I ask is the wording on Jeti's site suggests it only changes frequency when it detects a need to, and not constantly like other fhss systems.

2. Since the tx is 16 channels, why is there an 18 channel rx?

thanks

Harry
1) System hops all the time.

2) Because Jeti makes RF modules for wide range of different radios.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
Rsat2 works fine with VBar. Out the box it causes problems but simply set it to 20ms output period and reduce the number of channels (16 doesn't fit in 20ms). You only need 5 or 6 for the average 3D heli.

I run an RSat2 on an APM2.5 autopilot and love the simpler wiring. It has a telemetry port just like the conventional receivers.

Dave
Thanks Dave.

I'm still concerned about the "NOT FCC APPROVED FOR USE IN USA AND CANADA" message on Esprit's webpage for the RSAT2. All the other receivers say "certification pending." I'm hoping the RSAT2 is pending certification as well; if the RSAT2 is not being FCC certified I suppose I'll just run an R5 or R9 on each heli even though I'd much prefer the smaller/cleaner RSAT2.
Kiba is offline Find More Posts by Kiba
Last edited by Kiba; Nov 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM.