Joined Oct 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold wombat View Post
Of course it is possible.

<waddles over to the HK site...>

Oh, look what I've found...

http://www.hobbyking.com/rss/

New products. The idea of running a script is that you don't have to check it yourself. Rather it should send you a notification (email, sms etc) when it finds something with '9XR' in it.
What I meant was just for the Turnigy TX page, not the whole site. While its a good feature, I dont want to know about every change on the Hobbyking site.
molond is offline Find More Posts by molond
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:42 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold wombat View Post
It's called new products, but to me it also includes every new post on HK forum...
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:09 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Good support

Product: OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 2.4Ghz Transmitter Module (JR/Turnigy compatible)

Product ID 9171000070 has been found to have a manufacturing defect and we are replacing them automatically without need for the customer to contact Customer Service.
The manufacturing defect existed only in the first batch of products and recently sold units as well as units being shipped now and in the future do not have this fault.
Will this module work with the 9XR and the X9D?
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:12 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,412 Posts
With X9D, yes, as any other JR module.
Based on the published drawings some pages ago, if they will be true, 9XR will have it's own module, locked to the proprietary antenna connection.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:28 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
The 9XR should be delivered with its own version of that module according to what's been said. Own version to use the internal antenna connection as RENATOA mentioned.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:43 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,412 Posts
Actually, checking once again how the question has been posted... who cares about internal antenna, because this module has his own external antenna !
So, the issue is more mechanical than antenna related, if 9XR allows any standard JR to be inserted in the back, this module will work on 9XR too !
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:44 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Yep certainly! But the point is why would you want to buy one to use it with the 9XR, when it comes with a (better suited) one already
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:25 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,639 Posts
ok so if I order a 9XR do i need to order a dsmx module or is it already included, or is it still being developed? And if I want to get into telemetry i guess i need to buy a frsky module and rx. But if that will mean swapping modules I may be better getting an X9D. I do like the 9XR antenna/handle though as my DX6i antenna is held together with tape!
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:47 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
ok so if I order a 9XR do i need to order a dsmx module or is it already included
To know that you'll have to read the product page once it's there. It was supposed to be included, but who knows.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:52 AM
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
I comes with DSMx

When released (hopefully soon) the 9XR will include a DSM2/x module installed. HobbyKing is currently working with FrSky on a module for the 9XR along with working on a 433 module for long distance POV flight. If he stick with the price point of 50US then buying a 9x and then the OrX DSM module is kind of redundant. I would say wait the week or so and just get the 9XR as it is also from what I have read going to use the open source chananagins that the 9x does. In the end people are still going to bitch about it. (it doesn't have this or they should have done this.) I personally am very excited for this Tx as my wife would kill me if I spent he type of money it cost for a JR or Spektrum. Plus how many of us are flying 700+ planes that really need the reinsurance of having a, what I consider an over priced Tx. These are just my 2 cents. so take it all with a grain of salt
jmacfann is offline Find More Posts by jmacfann
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:21 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,549 Posts
Reports are that there have been some problems with the DSM2/DSMX module they are already shipping. That issue may impact the module in the 9XR. If that is the case, this could be holding up the release of the radio.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:33 AM
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
Reports are that there have been some problems with the DSM2/DSMX module they are already shipping. That issue may impact the module in the 9XR. If that is the case, this could be holding up the release of the radio.
I read in an earlier post that the issue was resolved and the current batch has no issues. he release is so close and ye so far. It's like when my son was born, I was so excited for him but first I had to wait and wait and wait. I am happy my wife does not read these posts as she might kill me for referencing my son being born to the realease of the 9XR.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:42 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
They say it's been fixed and affected only the very first batch. No telling whether it has any impact on the 9XR delivery, but it doesn't sound like a big deal.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:57 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacfann View Post
I would say wait the week or so and just get the 9XR
More like month, as they now aim for Dec 15...
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
More like month, as they now aim for Dec 15...
Hopefully by then they have ironed out any potential issues