SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:35 AM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
As far as I know they don't offer a screw package for the v911. You'll have to source from a donor v911 or another heli. Don't lose the flybar screw, I haven't seen that one anywhere.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Be...4-p-49266.html
looks like flybar screw in screw kit no servo screw
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:44 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Not really
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:43 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Thanks guys, no Tacoma Screw here I am in Australia. I had seen the banggood screw set but as mentioned no servo screw. Might just grab a bnf and keep the old bird for parts.
Maso is offline Find More Posts by Maso
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:19 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Buddy View Post
is the 911 really a step towards a cp heli
No, it will come to hover when you let off the controls.
ashtodust2000 is offline Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:54 PM
Ft Lauderdale
Joined Mar 2010
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtodust2000 View Post
whaqt is the next step?
Capt Buddy is offline Find More Posts by Capt Buddy
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:07 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,371 Posts
@R. Sok, when using a nine eagles shaft, you will also need to use their blades. the featuring shaft (were the blades install) is a smaller diameter.

@ Capt Buddy, I would recommend a quad or a flybarless FP helicopter. These will keep going the direction you told them, until they receive different command. This characterristic is similar to a CP.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:09 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Buddy View Post
is the 911 really a step towards a cp heli
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtodust2000 View Post
I was proficient with the v911 when I purchased a cp and I crashed the hell out of that thing in the first week. (And that was after a few weeks of flying a quad). I think the quad is a better step towards cp, specifically the v939. Alot of people complain that it's not nearly as stable as other quads but, I think it makes for a better practice vehicle, as you have to be on the sticks more. It still doesn't fly quite like a cp but it's faster and more maneuverable than a fp.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Last edited by Budasac; Jan 19, 2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:17 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Double post.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:55 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,770 Posts
Just dont get the othr models with higher models than the 929 they arrived too stabilized and self level which is not what you want.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:03 PM
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
Any thoughs on rather i should get the 200s or stick with the stock 120s?.What about the 150s?..Thanks for any and all help and opinions.
I'd recommend sticking with the 120 mah stock batteries rather than the 150 mah batteries. Reasons:
  1. I haven't 'noticed' a big difference in flight times
  2. Stock batteries are cheaper - just buy more of them to make up for the reduced capacity!
  3. I noticed a slight difference in handling, and I prefer the handling with the stock batteries
  4. Less risk of motor overheating, as you suggested
waldo000000 is offline Find More Posts by waldo000000
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:26 PM
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
1,105 Posts
I have a mix of 120 mah and 150 mah, the latter slightly longer of course. I started to add 2 new V911 to the herd and somehow the Heli that I used with the 150's is developing the beginning of the end of the tail motor. I am thinking it is because of the longer flying time of the 150mah batteries that heat the motor up more than the 120 mah thus reducing the actual life of the component. So I am thinking I want to stick with the 120mah versions, let the heli's COOL down completely before flying them again.
HPCR is offline Find More Posts by HPCR
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:10 PM
United States, WI, River Falls
Joined Jan 2013
25 Posts
Lost a flybar weight today.. Will order a few replacements. I've been reading about some you can get that have blades on them? Any truth to that or should I just stick to stock?
Sipple31 is offline Find More Posts by Sipple31
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:15 PM
Joined Jan 2013
14 Posts
Just got my second v911 (yellow BNF) from banggood (old battery plug). I got my first one (red RTF) from Tmart, both for the heli and RF module in Tx.
Differences I noticed so far:
1. The yellow 911 feels more sturdy, with thicker canopy and stronger landing skid
2. The tail motor cage design is different (slightly better on yellow 911)
3. The yellow 911 flies right out of box with minor trim. while for the red 911, I have to adjust the servo linkage to make a level swashplate.
4. In flight, the yellow 911 feels more stable and gives out a louder sound. while the red 911 feels a little bit shaky and has some weird low pitch humming sound.
5. The yellow 911 needs manual binding every time I switch battery while the red v911 binds to Tx automatically, regardless of the power sequence.
6. main shaft is enclosed on yellow v911 and partially exposed on red v911.
7. they also have different battery holder design, and I like the yellow one better.
compactrisc is offline Find More Posts by compactrisc
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:26 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipple31 View Post
Lost a flybar weight today.. Will order a few replacements. I've been reading about some you can get that have blades on them? Any truth to that or should I just stick to stock?
If you put a bit of Ca glue over the weight, it stay much better. Using extreme MSR paddles work, but causes a pendulum effect( when release the stick the heli shoots backwards. I have used extreme Blade 120SR paddles and have good results. They are bigger paddles, and keep the heli stable, and agile. Over all the smaller stock flybar work the best. They are cheap on Banggood's website $4.50 for 5x.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:36 PM
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
1,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compactrisc View Post
Just got my second v911 (yellow BNF) from banggood (old battery plug). I got my first one (red RTF) from Tmart, both for the heli and RF module in Tx.
Differences I noticed so far:
1. The yellow 911 feels more sturdy, with thicker canopy and stronger landing skid
2. The tail motor cage design is different (slightly better on yellow 911)
3. The yellow 911 flies right out of box with minor trim. while for the red 911, I have to adjust the servo linkage to make a level swashplate.
4. In flight, the yellow 911 feels more stable and gives out a louder sound. while the red 911 feels a little bit shaky and has some weird low pitch humming sound.
5. The yellow 911 needs manual binding every time I switch battery while the red v911 binds to Tx automatically, regardless of the power sequence.
6. main shaft is enclosed on yellow v911 and partially exposed on red v911.
7. they also have different battery holder design, and I like the yellow one better.
I just received two of the yV911 but I am still waiting for the batteries. I also bought some battery holders ( the new version) just in case I want to use the new batteries. I wonder why you would need to bind them yello birds every time. Does anybody know??
HPCR is offline Find More Posts by HPCR