SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 09, 2010, 04:52 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micsa View Post
And these comments apply with the 3-cell LiPo battery? I somehow understood from this thread's history that the Wicked 4800kv motor is the most powerfull one which still can handle 4-cell's higher voltage.
I was referring to the 3S setups. 4S setups are way over 1:1.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2010, 01:54 AM
Joined Sep 2009
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I was referring to the 3S setups. 4S setups are way over 1:1.

Don
OK, sounds great. I will probably try the 4800+wemo combo with the 4S. Just let us know when do you have those in stock again. I hope you ship to Europe also...
micsa is offline Find More Posts by micsa
Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:22 AM
Norway
Joined Mar 2005
1,137 Posts
Hi all, I have just about finished the installation of the 6000kv combo, and all I can say is that it feels and "sounds" like this is going to be pretty fast. I have not flown her yet because of windy conditions here, but as soon as the wind dies down I will. I have not done anything to the muzzle because I want to have more thrust and hopefully she will fly like I want her to with some good vertical and forward speed.
iceman3 is offline Find More Posts by iceman3
Old Aug 13, 2010, 02:25 PM
EDF Junkie
San Antonio, TX
Joined Jul 2010
471 Posts
Don,

Ive been wanting to build something to ground launch and started working on a 50mm AMX with landing gear and the WWC 6kv but she feels pretty heavy. Do you think she's probably to heavy? I placed a 7g eflite servo plus linkage to the front of the electronics bay, so basically your AUW on your AMX plus servo, linkage and landing gear. I know the amx has the highest wing loading and may have not been the best candidate for landing gear but I thought maybe the 6kv would have plenty of thrust but then there is the landing part too. I used the plastic parts so the gear can be easily removed if need be, she'll just have the added weight of the plastic bases is all. Opinion??? Anyone?
FoamJunkE is offline Find More Posts by FoamJunkE
Old Oct 27, 2010, 06:58 AM
Germany
Joined Oct 2010
42 Posts
Hey Guys!

My first post here on RCG! I'm Michael from Germany. I practice RC flying for ~ 4 years. Some of my modells are Sebart SU29 30e, Simprop Turn Left, Simprop Excel Comp. III, Funjet, BMI Mustang, CopterX, HBK V2, Mandala Capricorn........ and now a J-Power/Skyangel AMX!

My J-power/Skyangel AMX arrieved today. Everthing is fine. But I don't like the thig, that one servo is installed for the AIL. and ELEV..

Don, I saw on your pictures that you are only using the ELEV for flying. Did you fixed (glued) the Aileron? Is it enough to use just the ELEV?

Rwegards,
Michael

(Sorry for digging up this thread...)
DerRose is offline Find More Posts by DerRose
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:29 PM
Joined Sep 2009
40 Posts
First dry test done

I finally had some time to continue my Wicked AMX project, so I made some dry tests (fan held in hand) with the Wicked Wemo combo. The results are quite near what Don had reported earlier in his tests:

ESC: Hobbywing Pentium 30A (low timing)
Motor: Wicked 4800
Fan: Wemotec Microfan
Battery: Turnigy 4S 1000 30-40C

Current: 28,7A
Peak power: 428W

One thing worth of mentioning is that ESC was quickly warm (not hot) just after some short 3-5 second WOT bursts. Maybe I replace it with 40A controller in order to avoid burning it. Currently it's -15 celcius here in Finland but during summer it might not be able to handle the current.
micsa is offline Find More Posts by micsa
Old Mar 05, 2011, 03:10 AM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2005
839 Posts
AMX no nip/tuck, 6000kv motor

SkyAngel 50mm EDF AMX Maiden! (2 min 16 sec)

thanks to Don for excellent service to us here in the UK!

Alec
Impailer is offline Find More Posts by Impailer
Old Apr 21, 2011, 04:37 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3 View Post
The Don, have you got a good cg point for the AMX? In the manual it says 36mm from inner leading edge, but it seems a little off. It is also somewhat difficult to get that measurement right since the wing are leaning backwards.
Hi,

Just thought I'd correct this (in case other read it).

My JPower AMX manual shows the CG to be 65-70mm from the front leading edge (where the wings join the fuz).
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old May 04, 2011, 11:41 AM
Joined Sep 2006
18 Posts
Hallo,

I have T-45 with stock 50mm fan, but id like to do decent upgrade. Please do anyone know KV of stock motor, and if it will fit to Wemotec micro fan (also current draw etc...)?

Thank You
Vigo
Vigo is offline Find More Posts by Vigo
Old May 26, 2011, 10:20 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
United States, KS, Spring Hill
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Hallo,

I have T-45 with stock 50mm fan, but id like to do decent upgrade. Please do anyone know KV of stock motor, and if it will fit to Wemotec micro fan (also current draw etc...)?

Thank You
Vigo
I think the answer to most of your questions are earlier in this thread... And I don't think it is possible to mount up one of the Wicked motors to the stock fan, nor do I think you would want to. But I'm not 100% sure on that so don't quote me. I might just be starting a rumor.
KTMRacr is offline Find More Posts by KTMRacr
Old May 26, 2011, 10:29 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
FINALLY got to go fly my AMX with the Wicked 6000kV and the Wemo fan combo from Don (had him balance it for me). This thing SCREAMS! I'm running 3S 1800 mAh 25c Gen's Ace batteries. The combo works awesome! I didn't do any nip/tuck, and I'm getting consistent 86-89 mph passes halfway through the pack (at least, that is what RCSpeedo is telling me anyway). I'm about to find out how much I'm putting back in to my battery right now as I charge. Flew 4 minutes till the timer went off then landed. I'll report back with how much juice I drew out of it.

With the stock setup it was work to get a big loop in. This thing does big loops with ease. I didn't check for unlimited vertical, but I can tell it's got way more oomph and seems like it could climb vert for some time. Full throttle passes 10' off the deck are my favorite. Had several guys from the club come over after I first put it up in the air... "What is that?" "What do you have in it?" "Where did you get it?" "You should enter that in the Quickie 500 race on Saturday!" "6000kV!?!? Holy $#!t!"

Thanks for the research and development and selling of cool stuff for my jet Don! Big grin factor!
Old May 26, 2011, 11:19 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Put 1407 mAh back into my 1800 mAh pack charging at 1C. So it appears that 4 minute flights (max) is what I should budget for in the future. Those Gens Ace packs came out just slightly warm, certainly not hot. I was flying approx. 50% of the time at half throttle, and the other 50% of the time at full throttle. This thing scoots along nicely at half throttle. 60 mph passes were what I was getting at half throttle. I think with the stock setup I was getting 60-65mph passes at full throttle. So quite a performance increase for sure!

Fun fun fun! Might have to look at one of the 64mm jets in the future, and of course a Dons combo for it too!
Old May 26, 2011, 11:57 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Hi,

Just thought I'd correct this (in case other read it).

My JPower AMX manual shows the CG to be 65-70mm from the front leading edge (where the wings join the fuz).
This thread is for the 50mm fanned AMX. Are you sure your manual is for the 50mm version (they do make a 64mm fanned version).

Here is a pic of my manual for my 50mm and it clearly states 36mm. I've been flying it at that CG and it flies fine. I don't know how you could get a battery shoved far enough back to get it to 65-70mm...
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:08 AM
Why am I addicted!!!
United States, IL, Columbia
Joined Jan 2008
561 Posts
Don,

Can this ESC work with your 3s /Wemotec/6000k setup?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ntroller_.html

Cheers

DonQ
DonQ8401 is offline Find More Posts by DonQ8401
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:11 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQ8401 View Post
Don,

Can this ESC work with your 3s /Wemotec/6000k setup?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ntroller_.html

Cheers

DonQ
No clue really as there are no RPM specs listed. Many low cost ESCs can not spin a 6 pole motor at 60,000 rpm. You would have to contact the manufacturer and ask them to give the rpm limit on 6 pole motors.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member