Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:22 AM
Joined Jan 2008
380 Posts
@Bill, please enlight me :

I fear my Elogger reacts strangely. When switching from Feet to Meter via the windows software, default distance values like (300/120) are not updated in the OSD menus and still display 300. I thought the default feet value would be updated to the default metric value, so 120 in this case ? Actually, I am not able to set the default value at 120 meters. I can only obtain 125 meters (down from 300).

Also, I have a guardian but the Pitch and Roll angle displayed in the OSD remain at 0 event when I bank hard (on the bench) with Main Gain set at 8...

One more thing: the windows software reacts differently from on PC to another: on the laptop the "select graphical items to be displayed" does not show up... whereas it's displayed on another...

This is all with 10.04.

Please help !

Sancho
sancho28 is offline Find More Posts by sancho28
Last edited by sancho28; Sep 22, 2011 at 08:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:48 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,231 Posts
Quote:
I fear my Elogger reacts strangely. When switching from Feet to Meter via the windows software, default distance values like (300/120) are not updated in the OSD menus and still display 300. I thought the default value should be updated to the metric value, so 120 in this case ?
hi Sancho,

thats "normal" and was in the other versions the same.
ive to change this settings after every reset to the factory defaults.

ive no experience to the 2 other questions. i use only one pc and never used the display of the servo deflections.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:06 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,917 Posts
All, I have been traveling (and recovering from traveling) for the last 10 days, and have been remiss in not posting here during that time.

From reading through the posts since my last visit, it appears that most of the questions have been addressed (thanks Mike, Crist, Randy, Floater and others for all the help!).

One note: there was a problem in 10.01 that was causing RTH trigger issues, primarily with the guardian gain knob. That problem was resolved and 10.03 and later. I posted about this on the Guardian thread, but failed to post that info here.

sancho28,
Quote:
Can the new altimeter v4 be used as a real variometer ? You used to say the V3 was not accurate enough.
Yes, that's one of the main reasons we did the altimeter V4. It's resolution is better than one foot.
Quote:
Also, I have a guardian but the Pitch and Roll angle displayed in the OSD remain at 0 event when I bank hard (on the bench) with Main Gain set at 8...
We're not displaying numeric pitch and roll right now. The servo deflections was changed back to display Pan and Tilt for the tracker. Pitch and Roll will soon be available as text parameters you can display like the others.
Quote:
One more thing: the windows software reacts differently from on PC to another: on the laptop the "select graphical items to be displayed" does not show up... whereas it's displayed on another...
Any chance you could post a screenshot of the laptop display, where the graphical menu is not showing up?

Cannonballer,
Quote:
BILLP....could be helpfull to put all this Google stuff into the manual.
Thanks for the feedback. We're nearly complete with the project to host Google maps/Google Earth in our software. Once that's done, we'll be better equipped to document the various features, I think.

SuperFlyingWings,
Quote:
After 2 km, with the OSD is suddenly reset in the sense that the display itself shows the first page of the OSD system configuration.
Also, while motors, which are linked via the Eagle Tree OSD, suddenly collapse. This happened at the same time.
It sounds like the OSD got a spurious pulse from your receiver's Aux 1 channel, which caused the menus to trigger. Note that the OSD will not have any effect on your motors, regardless of what happens to the OSD, unless a) RTH is triggered, or b) you are using the Guardian and have stabilization enabled. My first suspicion is a loose main battery cable or ESC/BEC overheat issue, which caused everything to reboot, including your receiver and perhaps ESC. When your Rx link recovered and/or ESC rearmed, motor control returned. Also, do you happen to have a video of the event? That might help to rule things in or out.

Tony97,
Quote:
Flew a little today in windy conditions. About 2,100' away from me I got a message that said "RTH Engaged: Bad RX Pulsewidths"
Starting in software version 10.02, there is a menu item "Disable PCM Glitch Detection?" under the "Radio Control Configuration" on-screen menu. If you set that to "Yes" (ASSUMING YOU HAVE A RECEIVER THAT SUPPORTS FAILSAFES and have selected "PCM/FS" receiver type), that message will not appear again. RTH will still work fine, as long as you have a radio that goes into failsafe mode when it loses signal (traditionally called "PCM"). No need to flip this switch unless you rarely see a brief "bad pulsewidths" message with your failsafe capable receiver.

3frcg,
Quote:
Could you, please, publish in the OSDPro and Guardian manuals the range of the different parameters ?
Yes, we will for any that are missing- thanks for this suggestion.

al1242,
Quote:
I think this will help with RTH when you are bucking the wind. The way RTH works now if you are above the RTH altitude the OSD cuts the throttle and the plane just floats there, depending on the wind direction, you are not making much progress back to home and the plane is just losing altitude. Having the plane go to cruise throttle will bring the plane back sooner which is the point of RTH in the first place. If you are below the set altitude the RTH will invoke climb throttle setting as it does now. Bill
Thanks for the feedback! Right now, the RTH altitude setting is the "center point", and the altitude error settings defines the range, or window, of tolerable RTH. When the model reaches an altitude within this range, it uses the cruise throttle setting, + the elevator, to maintain the altitude within this window. If the model is climbing above the window, I think your cruise throttle setting may be too high, or your pitch proportional gain setting may be too low. Note also that there is a delay in advancing the throttle to the cruise setting, starting in software version 9.94, which adds some hysteresis between the cruise and climb modes. Let me know if we need to do something beyond this.

viper6549, that sure does look like a white/black level settings issue to me also. Please try your white level at 3, and your black level at 6. Though that won't look particularly appealing, it will at least confirm whether this is the issue. If that works, then you should be able to reduce black/increase white until the appearance is acceptable.

1111Mavrick, could you please click "Advanced, Calibrate Pack Voltage and Amperage" and then click "Restore factory defaults" and "OK" in our PC software, to see if that resolves your issue? Note that it's normal for the eLogger to get warm.

sancho28,
Quote:
Trying to setup Guardian, I upgraded OSD Pro / Elogger V4 to 10.04 (coming from 9.96). It seems that I have a poorer GPS reception. I hardly get 5 sats when I used to catch 11.
This would not be any sort of software change. Note that there are constant variations in satellites in view, which is the most likely explanation. Also, have you moved the GPS in relation to your video transmitter? And is it our GPS V4 with the built-in toroid ring in the cable?

Hugo,
Quote:
Still do it with 10.04, I can make it appear by pointing a flashlight in the cam, no impact, no disconnection. Also my telemetry is still fragile to light change.
That is surprising. We've got the camera that you originally had issues with, and the next step is for us to get the issue reproed here. If it does not, we'll need to also set up the same tx/rx you have. Sorry this is taking so long!

Please let me know if any questions remain unanswered!
billpa is online now Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:35 PM
Canada,Quebec
Joined Jan 2005
2,009 Posts
Quote:
Hugo,
Quote:
Still do it with 10.04, I can make it appear by pointing a flashlight in the cam, no impact, no disconnection. Also my telemetry is still fragile to light change.
That is surprising. We've got the camera that you originally had issues with, and the next step is for us to get the issue reproed here. If it does not, we'll need to also set up the same tx/rx you have. Sorry this is taking so long!
I have now a RMRC 540 and it still do.

May my OSD be broken? like a defective video input capacitor?
Hugeone is online now Find More Posts by Hugeone
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:38 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Bill, please add the ability to change to miles after reaching 1 mile.
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old Sep 22, 2011, 08:34 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Bill Radar Icon deletes text

Bill,

Thanks for answering all the questions. Very imformative.

I have my radar set for 2,500'. When my plane gets that far away, the icon is near the outer part of the screen as it should be. When this happens when the plane is near the top of the screen, it eats away and erases all text it moves over like the Guardian gain setting, pan/tilt, etc. Any way to fix this besides scaling the radar to a larger scale to not have it reach the top of the effected area mentioned?

Thanks,

Tony
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:37 AM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
208 Posts
Bill,
WoW..... now thats fast tech support.Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately i think my e-logger is cooked.....whithout an ESC or batt. plugged in to it just the USB cable, its reading 118 amps and like i said very hot!
I tried to Calibrate Pack Voltage and Amperage as well as rezero current sensors but it said it couldn't because i need to stop the current being drawn from it first, error#5 then error#6.

Then suddenly the 10.4 firmware was gone from it.... now it reads firmware 0.00 and tels me i need to update the firmware, so i do but it doesn't take and just keeps telling me to update firmware.

I realize this is an isolated incident and probably just got a bad one. so I'm going to bite the bullet and just buy another one because i already just bought the GPS,OSD pro.,temp sensors,motor sensor and LCD power panel.

From what Ive seen so far it looks like an awesome setup and cant wait to get it back up and running again.
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Old Sep 23, 2011, 02:47 AM
Joined Jan 2008
380 Posts
@Bill, thank you for your feedbacks. I will post a screenshot of the app not showing all menu items.

One last thing: is it normal that the default distances (300, 600, 100) remain in feet after I switched OSD to metric ?

Cheers. Sancho.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 03:45 AM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSilver View Post
Bill, please add the ability to change to miles after reaching 1 mile.
I like that too.
If you mean parameter for first (inner) radius to display and after you reach this you switch to a bigger (outer) radius for display. Like 1 mile and 6 miles.
Would address Tony97 too.
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Old Sep 23, 2011, 03:49 AM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick View Post
Bill,
WoW..... now thats fast tech support.Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately i think my e-logger is cooked.....whithout an ESC or batt. plugged in to it just the USB cable, its reading 118 amps and like i said very hot!
I tried to Calibrate Pack Voltage and Amperage as well as rezero current sensors but it said it couldn't because i need to stop the current being drawn from it first, error#5 then error#6.

Then suddenly the 10.4 firmware was gone from it.... now it reads firmware 0.00 and tels me i need to update the firmware, so i do but it doesn't take and just keeps telling me to update firmware.

I realize this is an isolated incident and probably just got a bad one. so I'm going to bite the bullet and just buy another one because i already just bought the GPS,OSD pro.,temp sensors,motor sensor and LCD power panel.

From what Ive seen so far it looks like an awesome setup and cant wait to get it back up and running again.
I would unplug everything and start from scratch and just plug, battery, elogger, osd pro together, and update via USB and see if it works.
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:48 AM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
208 Posts
Thank you for your response Mr..speed.

Everything except the USB was unplugged. I think now,the chip that stores the firmware is cooked because it wont load it.

I really believe there is something shorting in it and i also believe that it is displaying the truth when it says its pulling 118amps because it instantly gets smoke`n hot (minus the smoke).

I`v ordered another one,and I'm not worried about the warranty,so i removed the clear shrink wrap and peaked inside.....And guess what i saw?
A bunch of components that mean nothing to me!.....lol...... I mean everything looks fine,no bad solder joints or anything.The long flat chip that you cant see thats under the eagletree sticker is the one that gets really hot almost instantly you put any power to it via USB or battery or even through the just the throttle plug from the ESC.

I can take pic`s of it opened up if anyone is interested...
I guess i will just sit tight until the new one comes in.
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:58 AM
Joined Aug 2010
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post
Thanks for the reply m_beeson, I've run and run re-run the servo wizard maybe a dozen times now...I just can't figure out why the elevator servo functions but the simulator doesn't show altitude changes nor can I see the airplane arrow...ugh!

Just phoned-in a support request with ET...I must have gremlins because I couldn't even get the ET support ticket website to work, so I had to call LOL
Adam,
You might try a full factory reset. More than once when things started going "wacky", a reset fixed it. Worth a try...
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Sep 23, 2011, 03:45 PM
Joined Jan 2008
380 Posts
@Bill, I found out that my Altimeter V4 was displaying feet, whereas I asked metrics via the windows software. So I used the jumper to set it to metrics, but I wonder if this desynchronisation is normal...
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:52 PM
Joined Mar 2010
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugeone View Post
I have now a RMRC 540 and it still do.

May my OSD be broken? like a defective video input capacitor?
fyi....I'm using this cam without any problems.
infact its the best one yet.

I've used it on 900mhz 500mW TX - from Readymade.
and now using it on 1.2ghz 1w Lawmate- from Readymade

But changing Cams from prevous RMRC-480, I had to adjust the B/W levels on the OSD.

actually changing from 900Mhz to 1.2ghz, strongly affected the OSD and again had to adjust the B/W levels.

But you can dial in the settings by playing around with those 2 values.
It looks like ET OSD is very suseptible to TX and Cam changes.

I can also note that 2 times now...upgrading to the newest firmware, reset by Black setting to 0? (or was it white)..can't remember now.....but one of those 2 reset to 0. during my last 2 firmware upgrades.
Cannonballer is offline Find More Posts by Cannonballer
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:59 PM
Joined Mar 2010
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr..speed View Post
I like that too.
If you mean parameter for first (inner) radius to display and after you reach this you switch to a bigger (outer) radius for display. Like 1 mile and 6 miles.
Would address Tony97 too.
Definetly count my vote one that one.
I beleive a lot of people want this feature.
RADAR AUTO ZOOM!

BILLP,
You can make it very simple.
use the current Radar setting as a multiplyer for the Radar zoom.

Example:
Radar setting = 1000'
When reached, it becomes 2000', then 3000' automatically, etc...
And same thing on the way back, just in reverse.
Cannonballer is offline Find More Posts by Cannonballer