HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:21 PM
Mountain Home, Ar.
Joined Dec 2009
318 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Discussion
Brand New

Several times in the last few weeks I have seen ads running for "brand new" items. The items I refer to were not in their original packaging, did not have all the hardware that was included with them from the factory and had been "tested" by the seller. Do some folks really consider such an item as "brand new"? Exactly at what point does an item cease to be brand new? If during the testing of only a few seconds the item suffered a cracked case, would it still be considered "brand new" since it was only "tested" for a few seconds? I'm seriously asking here at what point do most of you guys consider an item no longer "brand new"?
JollyPopper200 is offline Find More Posts by JollyPopper200
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:34 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,866 Posts
Trader Rating: 597
For me, if an item has only been tested, that means it was powered up and operated with little to no load (a servo without an arm, a motor without a prop, etc). As long as that's the case, I'm fine with a seller calling the item brand new.
As a seller, I probably wouldn't do this with a name brand item, as it isn't necessary, but I would do it with anything from hobbyking-like suppliers.
If something is damaged/scratched/etc, I would label it unused with a description of the damage.
J
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:53 PM
Krued Up
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Jul 2004
4,464 Posts
Trader Rating: 360
I agree. It's funny there has been a rash of new stuff for sale that clearly stated in the thread that the OP has tested,didnt like it but still posted as new.
snolord1 is offline Find More Posts by snolord1
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:56 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,455 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
AS long as it's not priced as brand new, and the description matched the actual condition, I don't care what they call it. It's not brand new if they took it out of the package. If I want brand new at brand new or near that price, I'll get it elsewhere.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:50 AM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
Buyer beware, as long as it's as advertised and works fine, what's the problem.
If it doesn't seem right to you, move on, don't buy it.
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.