HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:45 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,520 Posts
I believe the question is whether the custom configurations will be available here. Custom configurations has been one of the selling points,
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:31 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
They have put together custom configurations for me so I know they are open to it.
Oh without a doubt they will do custom configurations. Question is if/when they open a US warehouse will it be product pre-assembled in Singapore or will they be assembled here in the US warehouse? We can only wait and see.

John I'm curious, do you know for a worker who has been assembling packs for a while how long does it take them to assemble one? Or maybe a more general packs/hour average number? I bet once a skilled person gets it down they can go pretty quick.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:52 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
327 Posts
hey guys. in the states because of the time for sea transport and the new UN shipping regulations our new sales partner on the west coast is AMAIN Hobbies. they'll have stock next week of the most popular packs. eg 6s and 3s2200

for custom packs we'll only do that from Singapore but with the really low shiping rates we have with fedex you can;t go wrong. we can make any pack yuo want in your hands less that 4 days

as for the answer on packs per hour i can tell you the smaller packs are harder to make than the bigger packs. the way we make them is per order. so as the order comes in on our system, the girls go out an select the cells, test them then pack them. this is slower than making the same pack all day long of course but we thing we have a better qc check level this way and weeds out bad cells.
they way we do it we can take a order, assemble it, test it and pack it in a fedex box with awb ready to go say 6 packs an hourish
REVOJohn is online now Find More Posts by REVOJohn
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:53 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naryan View Post
Ordered my 60c 3300mah 6s packs late last Friday (east coast time), had them at my front door by lunchtime on Wednesday. UPS is incredible! Revolectrix got them out very quickly too. The packs are perfectly balanced and I'll be putting the beat down on them in the next few days!

Also, they are packed extremely well. The batteries were individually wrapped in bubble wrap, inside a box that had ~3/4" foam lining, the box was wrapped in a couple of layers of bubble wrapped and put in a UPS bubble envelope. I was very impressed with the packing.

Edit: John, what's your opinion on storing lipos in a refrigerator when they won't be used for an extended period? Thanks!

no no no no no no no noooooooooo
just keep the in a dry place is all. do not freeze then. you'll only freeze te electrolyte and have to wait hours for it to unfreeze before you go and fly
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:34 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVOJohn View Post
just keep the in a dry place is all. do not freeze then. you'll only freeze te electrolyte and have to wait hours for it to unfreeze before you go and fly
So you don't recommend long term storage in the refrigerator? Just curious, as I see this recommended quite often. Have even hear of folks buying small refrigerators just for LiPo storage. My fridge is 37F.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:03 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Do you know what temp the electrolyte actually freezes at? I always thought it was quite a bit lower than 0 deg C.
desertstalker is online now Find More Posts by desertstalker
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:29 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,199 Posts
Quote:
hey guys. in the states because of the time for sea transport and the new UN shipping regulations our new sales partner on the west coast is AMAIN Hobbies. they'll have stock next week of the most popular packs. eg 6s and 3s2200

for custom packs we'll only do that from Singapore but with the really low shiping rates we have with fedex you can;t go wrong. we can make any pack yuo want in your hands less that 4 days
Funny thing here is that UPS ground from AMainHobbies is 5 days for me... which means it's faster to get them from Singapore. Lol.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:12 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
327 Posts
yah but for sure UPS ground will be chaper and no taxes right?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:20 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,199 Posts
Quote:
Technically yes. However I'm going to need a 3s 3300mah and I doubt that's in your common sizes to be stocked in the US. So for this order I'll still be going to Singapore.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:26 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,280 Posts
Quote:
Can we still order from singapore? And I thought they weren't supposed to charge taxes. Seems like if you put on a lable on the outside of the package about the FTA...things would go more smoothly.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:50 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
327 Posts
yan maybe it can be that way also. yah you can order anywhere you like is fine. usually i feel its just up to the customs person and how the feel on the day and what rules/regulations they know whether they feel like charging you or not.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 12:32 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Sep 2007
118 Posts
Quote:
yan maybe it can be that way also. yah you can order anywhere you like is fine. usually i feel its just up to the customs person and how the feel on the day and what rules/regulations they know whether they feel like charging you or not.
Hi
I see on the that you have excluded Swiss Post for delivery to Canada and US. Could you explain why, The reason I ask is that When ordering from another well known supplier they use SWISS Post and I do not get nailed with customs and Handling charges. I am not to sure if this is the same for UPS or any other carrier shipping to Canada.
Regards
lucas45 is offline Find More Posts by lucas45
Old Mar 01, 2013, 06:08 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
327 Posts
FOR LIPO YES. the new. IATA rules exclude shipping oflipo via postal service and we've had lipo rejected at the customs port in both canada and usa when using swisspost. haveyour other well known suppliers used swisspost for lipo this year 2013/
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:53 AM
Canada, BC
Joined Sep 2007
118 Posts
Quote:
FOR LIPO YES. the new. IATA rules exclude shipping oflipo via postal service and we've had lipo rejected at the customs port in both canada and usa when using swisspost. haveyour other well known suppliers used swisspost for lipo this year 2013/
Thanks for the reply. No I have not bought from HK this year ... only from the US.
lucas45 is offline Find More Posts by lucas45
Old Mar 06, 2013, 01:27 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,280 Posts
see below
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Mar 06, 2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: see below