Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:06 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Torch8,

In the video with two of the helis, one of them sounded smooth during spool-up, but the resonance was clearly audible when the other one spooled-up.

From what I've seen since back when the 130X was released, many owners tend observe a particular behavior & throw "upgrade" parts at the symptoms, without spending the time required to first diagnose root-cause. Typically, the end-result is a heli with a bunch of aftermarket parts, many of which had nothing to do with fixing the problem.

I solved the tail resonance on my 130X by simply dynamically balancing the tail rotor assy, installing a pair of Boca tail-shaft bearings, and replacing the bent TS with another stock TS. The only non-stock items on my 130X are the pair of Boca TS bearings, the double-bearing pitch-slider, and the metal A-gear. After over 40 hours of flying, mine is still smooth as silk from zero RPM to 100% HS - even during scale spool-ups.

Joel
Thanks Joel, I fixed my 130x problems by going with lynx tailcase and after market tail slider. Still using plastic gears. Was wondering if I need to do this on the Red Bull or if HH has resolve this on the Red Bull.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:15 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Thanks Joel, I fixed my 130x problems by going with lynx tailcase and after market tail slider. Still using plastic gears. Was wondering if I need to do this on the Red Bull or if HH has resolve this on the Red Bull.
Given that the tail uses the same tailcase, TS bearings, pitch-slider, and rotating assy as the original 130X, my guess would be that nothing has changed in that respect. If you check Z06 Tony's vids of his two birds in the other thread, you can hear the tail resonance as the second one spools-up. But the tail sounds smooth in other videos. So, I expect that some will exhibit tail resonance issues, while most will not - much like the original 130X. Here's a video I found of a slow, scale spool-up, followed by some non-aerobatic scale flying, and a super-slow, scale spool-down. Sounds & looks smooth to me:

BLADE 130X RED BULL boc scale lfying (4 min 45 sec)

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Jul 31, 2013 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old Jul 30, 2013, 09:40 PM
Tokyo Setagaya-Ku, Japan
Joined Jun 2004
592 Posts
Hi, turboparker

It's very nice! I have a nine-eagles Black-hawk, but if possible, I want to get this one! Narrow blades look very scale-like.
K2-tokyo is offline Find More Posts by K2-tokyo
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:53 PM
Tokyo Setagaya-Ku, Japan
Joined Jun 2004
592 Posts
I found another fuselage of RedBull BO 105 which have a transparent windows:

http://www.der-schweighofer.at/en/pr...-105_flitework

or

http://www.rcmodellbaushop.com/index...rk-Bo-105.html

I do not know whether this is available or not for Eflite BO 105.
K2-tokyo is offline Find More Posts by K2-tokyo
Last edited by K2-tokyo; Jul 31, 2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 05:39 AM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Given that the tail uses the same tailcase, TS bearings, pitch-slider, and rotating assy as the original 130X, my guess would be that nothing has changed in that respect. If you check Z06 Tony's vids of his two birds in the other thread, you can hear the tail resonance as the second one spools-up. But the tail sounds smooth in other videos. So, I expect that some will exhibit tail resonance issues, while most will not - much like the original 130X. Here's a slow, scale spool-up, followed by some non-aerobatic scale flying, and a super-slow, scale spool-down. Sounds & looks smooth to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BItwyrX9q44

Joel

+1 . Great flying I enjoyed that, so pleasant, Thanks . Best Regards.
segroegt is online now Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Jul 31, 2013, 09:41 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,656 Posts
Guys,

Just to clarify - that's not me flying! (I'm no where near that good at scale flight! Not yet, anyway...) It's just a clip I found on 'Tube, to help illustrate that the tail-resonance issue is probably similar to what we experienced with the 130X - a few vibrate badly, while others are pretty smooth.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2013, 08:48 AM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
544 Posts
Only 5 flights and I need gears

I was going through my 130x's last night for maintenance. The Red Bull was fine at first and then the heavy vibrations started which caused the tail slider to stick and make the Red Bull 130x unflyable. I'm just glad I was hovering a foot off the ground in my living room and able to land safely on my skids. Looks like I will be getting all metal gears sooner than I thought. I'm glad I only paid $200 for it because I need that extra set of gears in the tail.
Micubano is offline Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2013, 07:59 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,617 Posts
CA RB RCHP 4 (30 min 32 sec)
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:03 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,908 Posts
Very cool heli. Helis Rock big Time !!
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jan 04, 2014, 02:45 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,908 Posts
I have body kit for small Red Bill OB-105. Adapt it to fit MSR-X. Sould fly fine a look decent. Sorta little brother to 130X.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04