HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:12 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
hmm... the RX boards look suprisingly similiar to Ladybird RX! The 1SQ board is just missing the telemetry chip and the update sockets.
It'd make an interesting board swap if it somehow binded to Devo.
Deviation is capable of - NE J6 pro
That is one thing nice about all these small brushed quads: they can be thought of as a few more or less interchangable parts: the battery, the board, main frame, motor arms, and the electrical connectors between the motor arms and the board.

I would like this Q bot micro to be capable of manual flips, but so far, it seems that the less expensive quads are not: perhaps less of a market than the easier to perform "auto flips"?
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:51 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neobot View Post
yea but they cant delete them here! just post the video with your comment here and go into great detail if you wish?
Yes that was my first thought...that's why I did at the first time here in this topic when I watched that video...
And the second thought was, how lame thing is this...I didnt say the quad is sheeeit, or they are having sex with their ***** every night.. I was just suprised and bored about that monster-meaningless video...I saw many really great HK videos about new products...and this was a big disappointment...what was the boss said? "Well done Jonathan, you have hovered like a pro!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
Always remember...it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission
That's truth forever mate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
That is one thing nice about all these small brushed quads: they can be thought of as a few more or less interchangable parts: the battery, the board, main frame, motor arms, and the electrical connectors between the motor arms and the board.

I would like this Q bot micro to be capable of manual flips, but so far, it seems that the less expensive quads are not: perhaps less of a market than the easier to perform "auto flips"?
Yes, but this is stupid, because BESIDE a dedicated autoflip button could have the capability of the manual flip/aggressive sport flying...and they could cover the WHOLE market...not just the bling-bling sector...
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Last edited by bulesz; Feb 08, 2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:45 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Autoflip on video, manual flip directions in manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
Based on the videos it looks much like any autoflip I've ever seen.
The flips on the videos look like autoflips, but I noticed the following in the manual (marked as page 10, the pdf viewer calls it page 7):
------------------------------------
8.2 Roll flight practice
4. Practice of throttle stick: when Q-Bot Micro roll from normal status, the throttle stick need to be pulled down slowly; push up the throttle when it exchanged normal status to roll. Please adjust according to personal skill level.

This reads very much like quad throttle management on a manual flip/roll: reduce throttle when inverted, increase throttle when not inverted.
My 3 guesses as on why this might have been mentioned:
1. The Q Bot micro is capable of manual flips.
2. The auto flips could use some flip throttle management to help it along (though in the video, the flip occurred too fast for me to do any throttle management).
3. It is not needed (autoflip handles this) and Hobby King/Turnigy did a bad job of editing directions for a flip/roll.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:57 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,425 Posts
You got A SYMA board on a MINI PET to run on a 9X!!??

I was happy just to find a Nine Eagles Alien UFO black/gold/red canopy for my broken 1SQ canopy from HeliPal!!

Next you will be telling me that I can get my X4, mQX, 1SQ, and Mini pet to fly in unison with one transmitter!!!

Cut it out

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:23 PM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Oct 2012
63 Posts
Just ordered one....or should I say backordered one?!
HK is at negative 16 or so with back orders.
Happy Chinese New Year everyone!
mjf185 is offline Find More Posts by mjf185
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:05 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
The flips on the videos look like autoflips, but I noticed the following in the manual (marked as page 10, the pdf viewer calls it page 7):
8.2 Roll flight practice
4. Practice of throttle stick: when Q-Bot Micro roll from normal status, the throttle stick need to be pulled down slowly; push up the throttle when it exchanged normal status to roll. Please adjust according to personal skill level.

This reads very much like quad throttle management on a manual flip/roll: reduce throttle when inverted, increase throttle when not inverted.
My 3 guesses as on why this might have been mentioned:
1. The Q Bot micro is capable of manual flips.
2. The auto flips could use some flip throttle management to help it along (though in the video, the flip occurred too fast for me to do any throttle management).
3. It is not needed (autoflip handles this) and Hobby King/Turnigy did a bad job of editing directions for a flip/roll.
I'll see for sure - ordered one - as I write it gets packed
I'll be glad if you are right and it offers manual flips, but I do not count on it.
The chinglish manual is less than useless as usual. You wouldn't recognise the difference if they would print that on the back of a pack of instant noodles...

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:10 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,086 Posts
Quote:
You wouldn't recognise the difference if they would print that on the back of a pack of instant noodles...
I would, I like noodles.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:20 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
I would, I like noodles.
Are they "auto flip" or "manual flip" ones?
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:42 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,086 Posts
hmmm... it says on the packet... "instant" flip.

There seems to be a bit of uncertainty about this quad because of the vague way the manual is written. When a reasonable number of folks get their order and setup has been tried on various makes and models of radio, it might become a bit clearer.
The fact that they say to use acro (aeroplane) mode rather than a heli setup imposes some limitations, so it will be interesting to see what is possible.
Anyway, the module is my main interest with this (as with Mike) and I'm not bothered if I end up using the frame and motors for one my others.
But, who knows, it might turn out to be a surprise package and fly like the LB1.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post

I was happy just to find a Nine Eagles Alien UFO black/gold/red canopy for my broken 1SQ canopy from HeliPal!!

Next you will be telling me that I can get my X4, mQX, 1SQ, and Mini pet to fly in unison with one transmitter!!!

Cut it out

John in Merrill
ahhh that one made me laugh real good cheers but its not as hard as you may think anyway you modified your too
neobot is online now Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:49 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
Anyway, the module is my main interest with this (as with Mike) and I'm not bothered if I end up using the frame and motors for one my others.
For those who are interested in the module: Banggood seems to have it:

HiSKY HT8 Adapter Module for JR / Futaba Transmitters to support FBL100
SKU: SKU054631 Sold: 55
In Stock, Usually ship in 1 business day Worldwide Free Shipping
US$20.99

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Hi...0-p-59089.html
Banggod is on Chinese New Year's vacation to Feb. 18.
HobbyKing's Hong Kong warehouse reopens a few days earlier,
many of HobbyKing's other warehouses are not affected.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:41 PM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,260 Posts
Attention!

As I got some warning mail from a friend:

All users of a TH9x and clones etc..: Maybe you have to change the polarity of your charge socket before plugging the transmitter module in!

It has to be negative outside/ positive
center
You'll fry the module if it is reversed!
So either resolder the socket or use a battery for it.

-mike-

Proved to be a wrong warning, as Ihad to see after I got my QBot myself.
detailled info for TH9X users are here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1871616
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mikefromgermany; Jun 17, 2013 at 04:08 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:10 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,348 Posts
Quote:

All users of a TH9x and clones etc..: Maybe you have to change the polarity of your charge socket before plugging the transmitter module in!

It has to be negative outside/ positive center

-mike-
Oops, so better waiting for the first reports of the "volunteers"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post

Cut it out

John in Merrill
Beware mate! I have ordered a 1SQ canopy before got any microquad because I wanted to use it, and after like 3 semi crashes it has cracked! So it looks really nice, but fragile!
Last edited by bulesz; Feb 10, 2013 at 02:27 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:06 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:

It has to be negative outside/ positive center

-mike-
absolutely correct you can make an adpter with a plug from radioshack and revers the polarity if you don't want to take the tx apart.

tonytester see my post 191 in greatplanes f86 sabre with anylink also be sure to unplug the original module (if you have one) and do not turn on the tx switch.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Last edited by tonytester; Feb 09, 2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:29 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
absolutely correct you can make an adpter with a plug from radioshack and revers the polarity if you don't want to take the tx apart.

tonytester see my post 191 in greatplanes f86 sabre with anylink also be sure to unplug the original module (if you have one) and do not turn on the tx switch.
I don't know which version of the module will be, but if we will be lucky there will be an option to use its own battery...finger crossed...