HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:29 PM
GLASGOW
Joined Feb 2011
305 Posts
Charlotte Dundas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAlex View Post
Of course it would be interesting to see them. I'm still just getting ready for the first model. It will be a set of Midwest. There are drawings of the steam engine that can be done without tools, I will repeat, for your reference. While I was just finishing workshop. The house will not work, cut off a piece of the garage for 6 m2. Insulated, left to do benches and shelves. Closely, but purely male zone;-)

Paddleboats drawing posted?

Large collection of drawings by reference to the archive in the first post of topics
Alex,

Thanks for posting the drawings, just for interest the paddle boat drawing shown would appear to be an early drawing by William Symington of a paddle boat later built to a slightly different design and called CHARLOTTE DUNDAS ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Dundas ) a 1/3 full size replica is lying at the FALKIRK WHEEL on the Forth and Clyde canal and a very strange boat it looks, Google ( Falkirk Wheel) for some interesting reading.

Can you by any chance read the name at the bottom R.H corner, it's William --------?
I would be obliged if you would post the name

George.
ooyah is offline Find More Posts by ooyah
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:13 AM
Kazakhstan, Jambyl Province, Moiynkum District
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooyah View Post

Can you by any chance read the name at the bottom R.H corner, it's William --------?
I would be obliged if you would post the name

George.
Hi George!
Sorry, I do not understand exactly what you are looking for. Drawings posted as they are, have not changed anything. Additional information is also present.
BlackAlex is offline Find More Posts by BlackAlex
Last edited by BlackAlex; Jan 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:15 PM
GLASGOW
Joined Feb 2011
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAlex View Post
Hi George!
Sorry, I do not understand exactly what you are looking for. Drawings posted as they are, have not changed anything. Additional information is also present.
Alex,

On your post No 15 you show a drawing of a very old paddle wheeler which I think is the early design of the CHARLOTTE DUNDAS.

On the very bottom R.H.S. there is a signature that I can't read it begins with William -------------? can you read it, or is the print that you have just the same size as posted.
I am interested to find out what the surname shown is.

George.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Oct 2010
24 Posts
Haven't found a second source for the name, but the image source (Institution of Mechanical Engineers) says its William Sherratt
http://picturegallery.imeche.org/Vie...PID=49&RAID=11
xanin is offline Find More Posts by xanin
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:56 PM
GLASGOW
Joined Feb 2011
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanin View Post
Haven't found a second source for the name, but the image source (Institution of Mechanical Engineers) says its William Sherratt
http://picturegallery.imeche.org/Vie...PID=49&RAID=11
Thanks for the information on William Sherrat's signature that's what I wanted.

George.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:21 PM
BlackAlex
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Copyright infringement. It is temporarily hidden while BlackAlex edits it.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:10 AM
BlackAlex
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Copyright infringement. It is temporarily hidden while BlackAlex edits it.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:37 AM
Hamilton NZ
Joined Jan 2006
50 Posts
Hi Guy's,
You know Black Alex, has been stealing files from other web sites and posting same on here.
How do I know, - at bottom of post number #17 is a file called "ktk.pdf", well that is my drawings which where only downloadable from "paddleducks" for the sole use of members. Black Alex is a member (currently under review by mods) but has no right to go splashing any files around other sites
be careful
cheers
vnkiwi
(Harold H. Duncan)
Harold H. Duncan is offline Find More Posts by Harold H. Duncan
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:58 AM
Bradford West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2010
1,625 Posts
Hm, safest way for any information not to be reposted is not to post on even closed forums and only use PM's. Can quite well understand the need for secure communications in the toy world, too many Chinese copies.

Regards Ian.

(Fully paid up member of the rolled left trouser leg and funny handshake club)

Don't forget, Boggy threw his hand in at Puddleducks due to [U]their[U] closed shop tactics.
Circlip is offline Find More Posts by Circlip
Last edited by Circlip; Jan 23, 2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: pd ref.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:47 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
1,270 Posts
I never post anything on the internet that I would not have put on the back of an old style postcard.
Regards,
Gerald.
steamboatmodel is offline Find More Posts by steamboatmodel
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:51 PM
Hamilton NZ
Joined Jan 2006
50 Posts
Hi All,
Don't mind others using them, as long as where they came from, and who's they are, is acknowledged, not simply taken and re-posted. Should have thought it would have been simple good manners to ask first.
But then the anonymity of the web doesn't lead towards respect for others property, etc. Promotes the "I'm cool, I can take what I like, no-one can do anything to me about it" attitude.
Bitch over and yes I'm aware of Bogg's reasons, and the number of forums he's been on. Have great respect for the man.
I also find many of "Black Alex's" postings very interesting, but ask him to acknowledge as above, that's all.
cheers
vnkiwi
Harold H. Duncan is offline Find More Posts by Harold H. Duncan
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:01 AM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,581 Posts
Sounds very fair. I, for one, respect yhr forums rules that I belong to & do not cross post any information that is specifically stated to be there only for the use of its members.
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:15 AM
Bradford West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2010
1,625 Posts
Sadly, as has been noted in other sections of the RC group site, most of the "Home grown" information repositories do command respect but for the rest of the world it's free for all. Depends which side of the pond you are.

Regards Ian.
Circlip is offline Find More Posts by Circlip