Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 10:40 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi, the eLogger V3's firmware space is almost all gone. However, the eLogger V4 does support the Seagull telemetry system. See info here.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:47 PM
Latvija, Ventspils
Joined Apr 2011
121 Posts
Ok, strange problem again with elogger V4 and GPS. GPS is working only when elogger is plugged with USB. As soon as I plug in motor battery or radio receiver to OSD logger - GPS expander not found. Get out motor battery and leaving only USB, GPS works again. Looks like it's something to do with logging feature, as when it goes in data logging (one led blink), GPS stops working. 3 led blinks, works again.
Vilniz is offline Find More Posts by Vilniz
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Vilniz, does the LED on the GPS blink the first few seconds after plugging in your motor battery (without GPS)? Also, are you saying that GPS does not work only in USB live mode?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:04 AM
Latvija, Ventspils
Joined Apr 2011
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Vilniz, does the LED on the GPS blink the first few seconds after plugging in your motor battery (without GPS)? Also, are you saying that GPS does not work only in USB live mode?
Yes, GPS by themselves works, it blinks and then stop blinking when get 3d fix. GPS works in any mode, also on OSD screen, but it works only when usb is plugged in. In any other combination with motor battery, BEC and usb it just stops receiving data from GPS. And most funny thing is, when I disconnets motor battery and BEC and leave only USB, it starts transfering GPS data again, even without restarting logger. Maybe there is some voltage issues when connecting from USB or other source. Is there must be 5V to GPS ?
I have now 4.5V to GPS when plugged in USB and 4.8 when add motor battery or esc. But it must be enough, as the gps most likely is 3.3v
Vilniz is offline Find More Posts by Vilniz
Last edited by Vilniz; Mar 22, 2012 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:43 PM
Portugal, Setubal
Joined Jan 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilniz View Post
Ok, strange problem again with elogger V4 and GPS. GPS is working only when elogger is plugged with USB. As soon as I plug in motor battery or radio receiver to OSD logger - GPS expander not found. Get out motor battery and leaving only USB, GPS works again. Looks like it's something to do with logging feature, as when it goes in data logging (one led blink), GPS stops working. 3 led blinks, works again.
I've got the same problem here, with the USB cable GPS works fine when I connect the main bat. puff... just appear GPS extander not found, when I disconect the bat. GPS works again !
rcgadgets is offline Find More Posts by rcgadgets
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:00 AM
Joined Mar 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgadgets View Post
I've got the same problem here, with the USB cable GPS works fine when I connect the main bat. puff... just appear GPS extander not found, when I disconect the bat. GPS works again !
What's the main bat voltage and soft versions?
PS. For me - no problems with 3S LiPo; 100A LogerV4; OSDpro; GPSv4 & SpeedV3 and Guardian. Soft is latest beta.
cuprum is offline Find More Posts by cuprum
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:42 AM
Portugal, Setubal
Joined Jan 2012
15 Posts
I only use 3s 3000mha/3600mha

I had tryed both FW the relese version and the apha version with ppm output, in both FW the same thing happen, meanwhile I opened a support tickt at eagle tree.

OSD as 2.61, if I'm not mistake.

On my elooger V3 everything works fine, I notice the this V4 gets more hot than the V3
rcgadgets is offline Find More Posts by rcgadgets
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:10 PM
France, Bourgogne, Nevers
Joined Feb 2012
506 Posts
With an IR thermometer, I'm getting over 60 degrees centigrade on the shrinkwrap.
Lotta wasted power, at least. Why the heat?
wazoo22 is offline Find More Posts by wazoo22
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:09 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo22 View Post
With an IR thermometer, I'm getting over 60 degrees centigrade on the shrinkwrap.
Wow! I have a V4. Yours gets a LOT hotter than mine. I have it along with the OSD, Altimeter and Airspeed units all taped together and tightly mounted in my Radian right next to the esc. On the bench it only heats up to about 105 F after 30 minutes. I have two ET temp sensors mounted in the plane. One is between the ESC and eLogger. The other is below the OSD. Neither temps ever get to 110.

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:26 AM
You Know What I Mean
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
882 Posts
eLogger RPM for Parkzone 960kv

Setting up the EagleTree eLogger for my Wildcat which is STOCK.
(stock parkzone480 960kv motor and stock prop).
Setup for RPM (revs) in the eLogger is asking me:

1. How many poles the motor has? (i entered 14 ... assume thats right).

2. GEAR RATIO between the MOTOR shaft and the PROPELLOR shaft?

Maybe you'd also be wise enough to recall the
POLE NUMBER and GEAR RATIO for a
stock Parkzone SPITFIRE and a stock Parkzone THUNDERBOLT?
My search proved unhelpful and my brain hurts.
Many thanks all.
LaserBeam is offline Find More Posts by LaserBeam
Old Apr 04, 2012, 02:14 AM
Joined Mar 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserBeam View Post
1. How many poles the motor has? (i entered 14 ... assume thats right).
Let's hope... about the same/similar motors You can find out information from another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserBeam View Post
2. GEAR RATIO between the MOTOR shaft and the PROPELLOR shaft?
If Your prop is fixed with motor... then 1:1 is the gear ratio
cuprum is offline Find More Posts by cuprum
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:49 PM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo22 View Post
I'm curious as to what is normal here...

I have mine running on 8S and y-cable to throttle that supplies it with auxiliary power as instructed. The unit as a whole doesn't get too hot but the chip under the eagle on the label gets very hot to the touch... Too hot to leave my finger on for any length of time. That's without any accessories connected at all and no real current flowing (motor off).
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:09 AM
Resistance is Futile
United States, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_y2k2 View Post
I'm curious as to what is normal here...

I have mine running on 8S and y-cable to throttle that supplies it with auxiliary power as instructed. The unit as a whole doesn't get too hot but the chip under the eagle on the label gets very hot to the touch... Too hot to leave my finger on for any length of time. That's without any accessories connected at all and no real current flowing (motor off).
Hmmm, 30 something volts getting bucked down to the 4-5 that the logger needs = having to make some energy go somewhere. And I wouldn't worry too much about "Lotta wasted power" there wazoo22, how much energy do you think it takes to heat up the head of a straight pin to 60c? It gets almost that hot in my front yard on August afternoons, (50c) so it better be able to stand 60c+ without breaking a sweat.

The suggestion to use auxiliary power feed is in case the on-board voltage regulator shuts down from over heating on days when it is almost that hot outside. The inside of your plane may get almost twice that sitting in the direct sun around here. I have had hot-melt glue go back to melted state under a clear canopy on one of my planes on a 50c ambient day here in sunny Florida.

Have a good one,

Rob
camship is offline Find More Posts by camship
Old May 17, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Sep 2011
13 Posts
too hot? v4

if I am running two 6s 3300 mAh in series (50v), will this thing handle it? I know it says 80v and 100 amps... but, will it?

as everyone else is saying. Just running mine with a 3s 2200 mAh battery the thing is too hot to touch afterward.

I just don't want to see my heli go up in flames!
midohioboarder is offline Find More Posts by midohioboarder
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:41 AM
Joined May 2009
156 Posts
I have Losi SCTE shourtcourse rc car. Can I use eLogger with my car? Rc cars could draw huge amperes for short time. My esc is 120 A but can take much more for short peaks.
bigbear_fin is offline Find More Posts by bigbear_fin