You are right, my mistake.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:27 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,608 Posts
Wow! You guys have been busy on here. I think there was about 15 unread pages since my last visit here.

Anyway, Ive been working my but off the past couple days trying to get somewhere on my TT40 for RF6. Im probably a couple weeks from being ready to put physics to it, but i was wondering if any of you guys who have RF 5.5 or 6 would like to test fly this thing once I get it to the sim. Id love to get this one as close to the real deal as possible. If there's any interest, please PM your email to me and Ill send the files when ready. Also, feel free to include any flight details that you feel helpful in the first stages of setup (ex: tip stalling, coupling, slow flight tendencies etc.)
abaser is online now Find More Posts by abaser
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:28 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
We had a puzzle at the field today. A member put a new set of wings on a Harrier 90. The previous wings were destroyed in a rendevous with the outhouse.

Two flights of about 2 minutes and dead stick. The engine was a Saito 1.00. The engine ran well for 2 minutes. Glow plug was changed after the first deadstick re-fuel and started up.

To quote one of our twisted mentors, the only thing that will stop a four stroke is no fuel. So, I told him the engine was out of fuel. He took the canopy off and the tank was practically full. I told him that the clunk fell off or the clunk line came off or something like that.

He removed the tank. He then told me, "Hey, there are two clunks in here!"

It had three lines and the fill/drain line had a clunk. I held the tank up the the light and one clunk was stuck in the upper right corner of the tank. That was the main fuel line clunk.

I just gave the tank a swing and the clunk came down. We figured that the clunk line was thrown to the front of the tank in the previous crash. When the tank was full, it ran fine and after about two minutes the level was low enough that it was not feeding fuel.

Tank went back in and all was fine.

Anyway, the only thing that stopped that four stroke was running out of fuel.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:33 PM
The Ayatollah of Rock & Rolla
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Dec 2011
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
We has a puzzle at the field today. A member put a new set of wings on a Harrier 90. The previous wings were destroyed in a rendevous with the outhouse.

Two flights of about 2 minutes and dead stick. The engine was a Saito 1.00. The engine ran well for 2 minutes. Glow plug was changed after the first deadstick re-fuel and started up.

To quote one of our twisted mentors, the only thing that will stop a four stroke is no fuel. So, I told him the engine was out of fuel. He took the canopy off and the tank was practically full. I told him that the clunk fell off or the clunk line came off or something like that.

He removed the tank. He then told me, "Hey, there are two clunks in here!"

It had three lines and the fill/drain line had a clunk. I held the tank up the the light and one clunk was stuck in the upper right corner of the tank. That was the main fuel line clunk.

I just gave the tank a swing and the clunk came down. We figured that the clunk line was thrown to the front of the tank in the previous crash. When the tank was full, it ran fine and after about two minutes the level was low enough that it was not feeding fuel.

Tank went back in and all was fine.

Not entirely true.....I stopped on with my pinky finger this last weekend, lucky I still have it. Just like my planes when they get hurt, I glued it back together.
StickHack is offline Find More Posts by StickHack
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:36 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post
Wow! You guys have been busy on here. I think there was about 15 unread pages since my last visit here.

Anyway, Ive been working my but off the past couple days trying to get somewhere on my TT40 for RF6. Im probably a couple weeks from being ready to put physics to it, but i was wondering if any of you guys who have RF 5.5 or 6 would like to test fly this thing once I get it to the sim. Id love to get this one as close to the real deal as possible. If there's any interest, please PM your email to me and Ill send the files when ready. Also, feel free to include any flight details that you feel helpful in the first stages of setup (ex: tip stalling, coupling, slow flight tendencies etc.)
I PM'd you. I am RF 5.5. I think you really should make it break in the middle if you have a crash. The weak points are right behind the canopy, just in front of the tail feathers, and the fuse just were the wing crests. I have broken just in front of the tail and the fuse at the wing. I have not had the rear of the canopy thing.

I think the wheels should fall off if you land really hard too.

I don't remember if you are doing the 40 or 60. We need a 61 on the 40 and a 91 on the 60.

Maybe a ballistic parachute if we get into real trouble.
Last edited by waynemia; Feb 01, 2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:47 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,608 Posts
Quote:
I PM'd you. I am RF 5.5. I think you really should make it break in the middle if you have a crash. The weak points are right behind the canopy, just in front of the tail feathers, and the fuse just were the wing crests. I have broken just in front of the tail and the fuse at the wing. I have not had the rear of the canopy thing.

I think the wheels should fall off if you land really hard too.

I don't remember if you are doing the 40 or 60. We need a 61 on the 40 and a 91 on the 60.
Ill be doing both the 40 and 60. It will be the same model, but with different scaling and AVs. Ive thought about breaking it like you suggest, and I have on one of my other models, the Turbine Toucan (my favorite so farhttp://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=15602). So far, I think that is the only one I have seen that does break in half. It'll break one nose in and tapping the tail too hard (notice my avatar).
abaser is online now Find More Posts by abaser
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:49 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
A member bought a second-hand 71" Slick at a swapmeet.

I helped him set the throws yesterday. It is electric on 5500mAh 8S. It pulls about 70A. He flew it today. I could not tell a lot by the way he was flying it but he liked it.

6 minute flights are about tops. He has two sets of batteries.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:55 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
DOG, that wasn't me, that was Woda...I was just quoting his post.
I have not yet nor do I ever plan to unass an OS 120 AX.
Ah... I missed that... but it was funny.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:03 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,591 Posts
Quote:
To quote one of our twisted mentors, the only thing that will stop a four stroke is no fuel. So, I told him the engine was out of fuel.

Thanks bro! Thats a pretty nice pat on the back from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickHack View Post
Not entirely true.....I stopped on with my pinky finger this last weekend, lucky I still have it. Just like my planes when they get hurt, I glued it back together.
Point of order!

When your finger intercepted the prop this disrupted the vacum fuel draw of the engine due to decreased rotation......

......it didnt have fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Ah... I missed that... but it was funny.
Dammmmit.....that pat on the back didnt carry me very far did it?
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:08 PM
Joined Dec 2011
179 Posts
Point taken, teach me your ways Obi Wan
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:27 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickHack View Post
Point taken, teach me your ways Obi Wan
Lol....you know Plowboy? I have some piccys to send you tommorrow

Fixed wing aint all Guns-N-Roses
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:28 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post

PM sent. Forgot on the PM to say I'm on 5.5.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:56 PM
Joined Dec 2011
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Lol....you know Plowboy? I have some piccys to send you tommorrow

Fixed wing aint all Guns-N-Roses
Don't know I am supposed to be anxious or afraid. I like fixed wing, just sold off my last whirly bird.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:02 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,959 Posts
Ya Wayne electric on the big planes have some serious drawbacks. I'd definitely want a 30cc gasser on a 71 slick. You gotta love 15 min flight times and cheap fuel. Those 5000+ packs are stinking expensive. I'm guessing it's two 4s packs in series?

Plus I'd want smoke
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:03 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,959 Posts
I just got done replacing the gears in that hs65hb. It is now and hs65mg
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater