HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2013, 05:11 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,871 Posts
Discussion
HobbyPeople A6M Zero 1010 MM

FedEx just dropped off my new HobbyPeople A6M Zero. She is quite nice looking. She comes complete with mechanical retracts and is RXR out of the box. Looks like an easy assembly although some glue is required, unlike Parkzone stuff. With a 39.75" wingspan, she looks to be a good sized park flyer. I hope she flies as good as she looks. I will maiden her early this week probably; weather permitting of course. It's been rainy here in SoCal since last Wednesday.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2013, 07:59 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,931 Posts
Mine came in this last week--easy build if it can be called that. I'm going to try to maiden it tomorrow if I can, but holiday duties are starting . . .
GradyLee is online now Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Dec 01, 2013, 10:31 AM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,931 Posts
Maidened mine this morning, finally--8 five minute flights on 3S 1600s. I don't know what percentage of battery charge that left me but will post it later once I know. It's a good flyer, with a very good roll rate--using ailerons and rudder together you can really make it "corkscrew." It slows down nicely to land, but will stall so do keep some speed/power; the stall when it comes is straight forward, so I stalled a couple of times about a foot up, while landing, and did a "nose brake" with no damage. The cowling is very flexible, so I at first thought it would be fragile, but it took both hits, on asphalt, with no problem. The mechanical retracts worked great, but did tend to drop down just a bit and will need a bit of adjustment. Also, when landing, stay light on the rudder to avoid scraping wing tips; I scraped mine the first time or two but got the hang of it. My impression on speed was that it's faster than a stock PZ Gunfighter, but slower than a stock PZ Spitfire--maybe roughly about what the stock PZ FW-190 would be? Definitely a good plane for the money.
Old Dec 01, 2013, 02:12 PM
United States, TN, Nunnelly
Joined Aug 2012
613 Posts
I assume you are talking about this plane.
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...-bat-chgr.html
I have (had) the exact same plane I purchased at a swap meet. It came from Hobby-Lobby originally. It was a great flying plane until the elevator servo froze during flight. I'd highly recommend swapping out the factory servos. At $140, I'm very tempted to buy another.
GLHS592 is online now Find More Posts by GLHS592
Old Dec 01, 2013, 04:26 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHS592 View Post
I assume you are talking about this plane.
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...-bat-chgr.html
I have (had) the exact same plane I purchased at a swap meet. It came from Hobby-Lobby originally. It was a great flying plane until the elevator servo froze during flight. I'd highly recommend swapping out the factory servos. At $140, I'm very tempted to buy another.
Yes, that's the one. Not a bad idea, re the servos; I lost a Hobby-Lobby
P-47 when an aileron servo failed at full extension. The P-47 spun straight down onto frozen ground, and was the old "beer cooler" foam. At least it was spectacular!
Old Dec 01, 2013, 04:35 PM
United States, TN, Nunnelly
Joined Aug 2012
613 Posts
Sounds familiar. I finally got my Zero airworthy and took it out to the field a few weeks ago. I found that it was a great flying plane. I put 4 packs through it and was thinking about how much fun it would be to continue flying this plane. It was really fun to put it into dives. On the last one, I went to pull out and the elevator would not respond. It went in hard. It smashed the fuse, broke one blade off of the prop, destroyed the spinner, broke the motor mount, and broke the wings apart. My lipo only suffered cosmetic damage. Believe it or not, the motor survived. I got it home and the elevator servo would not move. I really hate it because it was a great little plane. I may get another after I finish building my SPAD. I also want a Rochobby Strega. I want too many planes.
GLHS592 is online now Find More Posts by GLHS592
Old Dec 02, 2013, 09:03 AM
Joined Nov 2012
47 Posts
Here is a little Cockpit-Mod, for me looks better with a pilot (female?)

Best regards
russcramer is offline Find More Posts by russcramer
Old Dec 03, 2013, 04:26 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,931 Posts
Very, very nice mod--I'll have to try something similar. It would be nice to both tuck the wires & battery away from sight and add a pilot.