HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2010, 08:44 PM
Joined Dec 2008
238 Posts
Discussion
Retirement of my little Levin.

As a long time RC airplane/car and boat builder/user, I put off RC helis because of the cost and complex nature. However at a mall Island last year I saw a guy demonstrating a small coaxial and I stood there for a half an hour watching, learning and researching, I was amazed. I couldn't believe that little thing was so stable and actually went where he wanted it to go. I was sold and I got my first RC helicopter after 30 years of dreaming. This is the helicopter that hooked me into the next phase of my RC life and kept my mind in tune with the good things in life.

After many hours of use without a hitch, surviving a weiner-dog attack, being stepped on and used as a Esky Dauphin hook-and-carry payload....I have decided to retire it from any further flight It is starting to glitch and the tail motor seems week....

We al know how this hobby is and the amazement and wonder it brings us, so I believe ya'all will understand when I say..... Thank you, little Levin,you kept me young in a time I felt old and gave me an extension of my mind so others could see that I am not typical, but a man that is amazed by life and eager to pursue the challenges and fun it has to offer. Plus you were one hell of a conversation piece!!

So rest your feathers, little Levin, in your corner on the shelf where you will always be new and shiny......

Flight battery snipped from circut board 12/6/10... goodbye my friend.

EricOnTheWeb is offline Find More Posts by EricOnTheWeb
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2010, 03:17 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
It is a sad day when you have to say goodbye to an old and trusted friend, my sincerest condolences.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Dec 07, 2010, 02:20 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,379 Posts
I have a couple hangared, impractical to fix on a constrained budget when a whole new aircraft only costs twice what the parts do. I really didn't want to sideline my 6025, but without the $10 tailmotor it's just a flying slug.

It's sad, yeah. Probably healthier not to get overly bonded to objects though, eh?
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab