HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2005, 07:43 PM
booze is my co-pilot
Joined Dec 2004
200 Posts
Ace simple series

hey guys. i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the ace simple series extra. it doesnt really look like an extra so i think i am going to modify it to look like a single seat edge. if anyone's got any pics or tips on the flight performance it would be greatly appreaciated.

Alex
ALEX DOUGHTY is offline Find More Posts by ALEX DOUGHTY
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2005, 09:46 PM
TEM
Joined Aug 2003
153 Posts
Don't got pics handy but looks like the picture on the box but it's a different color and has a norvel .074 in it. Micro servos(FMA S95's, S80, S60? for throttle), STD rx, weights in at something like 19oz. Flies fast and gets small very quickly. I really doubt anyone could get it to fly 2ch, standard servos with a cox .049! If you are a good pilot and fly fast planes, you should have no trouble with it. Feels like a 1/2A pylon racer carrying an overweight pilot.

The kit wood is very hard and heavy, pushrods to the tail are 1/16" dia metal. I could have easily made it ATLEAST 2 oz lighter if I used lighter wood, lighter pushrods, and ditched the LG.

Anyways, building tips; besides the above weight recommendations; glass the middle of the wing joints with a couple layers of 3/4oz fiberglass cloth. I replaced the kit aileron linkages with a package of dubro 1/2A aileron linkage just because it's easier for me and I didn't want to figure out the bits and pieces in the kit. Everything else is just "good ol'fashion building".
TEM is offline Find More Posts by TEM