Old Nov 23, 2014, 04:40 PM
Lou
Well, that should buff out.
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,783 Posts
Question
Where to buy .047 threaded couplers?

I need a handfull of the .047 threaded couplers that come with the Dubro Micro Clevis package. But I do not need the rest of the stuff in the package.

Any idea of where these can be bought in a quanity of 25 or more?

thanks,

Lou
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:30 AM
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Jan 2014
43 Posts
Kavan (Germany) makes 2mm threaded couplers with a 1.2mm inner barrel diameter to fit 1/32" wire push rods. SIG is listed as the US dealer. I didn't see them on SIG's website but they may be able to get them if this is what you are looking for.
Stu48 is offline Find More Posts by Stu48
Old Nov 24, 2014, 01:25 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,785 Posts
These ? --

Dubro 2mm Threaded Couplers
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Nov 24, 2014, 07:59 PM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,602 Posts
According to my Screw guide, .047 diameter is #0-80 size.

Les
LesUyeda is offline Find More Posts by LesUyeda
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:59 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,205 Posts
Having a look around it donesn't look like you'll be able to buy the couplers separate, at least not from du-bro.

At the risk of throwing a spanner in the works, is there a specific reason you want to use a threaded clevis? Is getting the pushrod length perfect that big a problem?

The reason I say this is that for small control surfaces, a simple wire pushrod with a "z" shaped kink will give you enough adjustment to get your controls aligned, for a fraction of the weight, and cost.

Of course I understand though that sometimes running a system like this is completely impractical, and a threaded adjuster is the only way.
Curare is online now Find More Posts by Curare
Old Nov 25, 2014, 08:50 PM
Lou
Well, that should buff out.
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,783 Posts
Thanks everyone. Yes, these are a bear to find and I do appreciate everyones help.

@Stu48 ... thanks for the Kavan idea. I forgot about them. I will take a look at their site and see what they have.

@Curare .... nope, not uber critical but I wanted to use the .047 as opposed to the .032 on a two meter powered glider. The .032 will work but I wanted just a bit bigger wire for safety sake and less possibility of flex. I am over cautious to a fault often.

@eflightray .. this is the Dubro package the part comes in ...

http://shop.dubro.com/p/micro2-clevi...47-2-pkg?pp=12

I really like this .047 size for gluing into CF tube as it is a bit of a better fit than the .032 kit. The 2mm coupler would work and to save weight I could shorten the threaded end but I would also need to increase the size of the CF tube.

I may just call Dubro or email them and see if they will sell coupler separate. I use this size more than anything else.

Thanks everyone.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member