SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:49 PM
A Global Force For Good
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
Help!
Servoless Retracts

I recently purchased half a dozen servoless retracts from HK. Four of the six are these :

Having recently had some issues with some servoless retracts from another vendor, I decided to check these before installation. Sure enough, 2 of the four never worked and the other two cycled a few times and quit.

I'm running a JR9303 and various 6 & 7 channel Spektrum RXs and have been at this for a while (this certainly ain't my first shindig). Although this particular model of electronic retract is new to me, I have literally owned over a hundred units of various sizes and manufacture and until recently had had only three or four failures in total! Apparently my luck with them has been very good but I'm begining to wonder if the universe isn't attempting to restore it's equilibrium by hosing me on ALL of these not to mention the last two shipments I got from that other vendor. (I've intentionally not mentioned his name because he's been nothing but helpful and courteous and remains my favorite RC vendor regardless of the retract issue).

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or if I should be looking at my radio?..... Very puzzled indeed.
jmpdgs is offline Find More Posts by jmpdgs
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 04:31 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,170 Posts
A quick look at the HK discussion on this item's product page showed some problems.

For example, check the posts following this one. Look for it by date, I've x'd out his name.
xxxxxxxxxxxx 73 points - 7/22/2012

Ok, so I figured out why these things love to burn out. Other than the fact that there cheap, if you open the case and take out the threaded rod that turns the trunion, check that the trunion moves freely. I had four in a row burn out because the holes on either side, that you put the set screws in, we're too tight. I took a rat tail file and reamed it out just a couple strokes. Don't go too much or you will get side slop.havent burned one out since. I would check them if I were you.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy