HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2014, 07:41 PM
COPENHAGEN DENMARK
Joined Aug 2007
329 Posts
When i look at this brick, it looks like it is a 1 cell brick. Do you run this with 2 cell in series or in parallel, i canīt see it. If you run in series, you get in troubles, you have to connect the brick with a diode, to bring the voltages down.

John
johnkielsen is online now Find More Posts by johnkielsen
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2014, 02:11 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,659 Posts
Hi John,
If you're referring to my conversion. Yes, it's a 2s. (two cells in series)

I am sorry to confuse, since I know this is a 1s BL thread.

Internally, I have a 3.3v regulator to take the 2s voltage down to feed the brick. I bought 10 of these for $4. Really cheap. I like to have them on hand to step down power for all sorts of RC stuff.

It's pretty small and lightweight.

I really wish we can get the specs for the AS3X brick. See if they can take a 2s voltage directly without the need for the regulator.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Yesterday, 04:57 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,800 Posts
Does any one know anything about reprogramming the YEP7a? I have a few of them now and a programming card on the way.

Is it the PWM frequency that I have to tamper with to get the esc to run from the brushed signal?

valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Yesterday, 05:00 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,800 Posts
Here's my latest project too

The Sparrow v2.5: Bench Testing - 1s Brushless 42g Pulls Vertical (0 min 52 sec)

I was flying it around earlier and it is nothing short of awesome, over 10 min flights on the 300mah nanotech
Old Yesterday, 06:30 AM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Does any one know anything about reprogramming the YEP7a? I have a few of them now and a programming card on the way.

Is it the PWM frequency that I have to tamper with to get the esc to run from the brushed signal?

You have to flash it with blheli, there is no programming you can do with the stock firmware to make it compatible with brushed motor signal inputs.
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM
miataman
Erie Pa.
Joined Oct 2007
687 Posts
dylwad, I use them with the 5 and 10 gram hk;s and the apo5 5000kv and they run all. All I had to play with the prog card at first. I couldn't get them to go full throttle. They would spool up slowly like a heli.

Miatamama
miatamama is offline Find More Posts by miatamama
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatamama View Post
dylwad, I use them with the 5 and 10 gram hk;s and the apo5 5000kv and they run all. All I had to play with the prog card at first. I couldn't get them to go full throttle. They would spool up slowly like a heli.

Miatamama
Do you have the signal from them hooked to the brushed motor output on the rx board?
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatamama View Post

Miatamama
I had that same issue, it took around 20secs to reach full throttle. I managed to program my yep7a into aeroplane mode using stick commands and the yge manual.

So did you use the programming card to change the pwm frequency, to make them run off the brushed output?
Old Today, 01:59 PM
Joined Jul 2006
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
So did you use the programming card to change the pwm frequency, to make them run off the brushed output?
PWM frequency have nothing to do with the input signal. Its only motor related and use for better customise for the impedance of the BL motor.
A stock YGE work not with brushed output.
Only a alternate firmware like blheli have this capability.
microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli