New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2014, 08:26 AM
Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
16,051 Posts
Discussion
Talk about pics from the "Show us your Trucks!" thread (other pics/vids also welcome)

Since in the "Show us your Trucks!" thread (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1208585) it's not allowed to post anything but pics, and the topicstarter has to delete postings regularly because it does happen, it seems like there is a need for a thread to talk about, comment on, discuss, etc the things you see there.

Might be smart to quote the posting from the thread, best to use multi-quote then (the little button with the '' marks and the +, next to the regular quote button) and when posting in this thread you will see blue text appear below the message-window, stating you have selected a post from another thread, and whether you want to quote it here, or deselect it. If you click on quote here, it will be inserted in the message window.

Let's respect Nick84's wishes, and save the comments etc for here.

Btw, other pics that haven't been posted elsewhere are also welcome, it's not obligatory to post the pics in the other thread first, for instance.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jan 21, 2015 at 06:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2014, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by Chubbs
FPV Noob KD0VMK
United States, MO, Platte City
Joined Jun 2012
1,104 Posts
Great idea Solo. I'll start:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
Just finished installing some new mip cvds to the monster rusty! Now if only the weather would work with me for one last run before winter!

I have tried to run monster tires on my Rustler before, but it didn't work well because the suspension travel wasn't long enough. So, when fully compressing the front suspension, the shocks would bottom out and stop front A arm travel, but the chassis hadn't yet hit the ground. What that means, is that once the suspension bottoms out, it's up to the A arms to flex to absorb the rest of the impact...which results in broken A arms.

How did you fix this problem? Or maybe it isn't fixed, but the A arms don't break anyways...I don't know. Maybe I'm making too big of an issue out of it. I'd love to run some large tires on my ruslter to help with grass running, but I don't know how to do it without breaking something.
Chubbs is online now Find More Posts by Chubbs
Old Nov 02, 2014, 05:15 PM
Find More Posts by old moto head
multi rotor induced O.C.D
United States, OR, Eagle Creek
Joined Apr 2013
904 Posts
agreed !!..it was nick's thread who got me fired up again.. seeing all those awesome truck's in his gallery.. i went on EBAY and bought ton's of used TMAXX part's .. money is not really a issue with me .. but it makes it a lot more fun too buy parts and" build truck's then it is to go out and get somthing all you do is add fuel too..". i will be finishing these off this winter. with electric start 3.3 TRX's. and top shelve steering servo's.i have all daughters . and we all ride quads toghether this spring we will be racing T MAXX's..
old moto head is offline Find More Posts by old moto head
Last edited by old moto head; Nov 02, 2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2014, 01:39 PM
Find More Posts by Creepy1
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
Great idea Solo. I'll start:

I have tried to run monster tires on my Rustler before, but it didn't work well because the suspension travel wasn't long enough. So, when fully compressing the front suspension, the shocks would bottom out and stop front A arm travel, but the chassis hadn't yet hit the ground. What that means, is that once the suspension bottoms out, it's up to the A arms to flex to absorb the rest of the impact...which results in broken A arms.

How did you fix this problem? Or maybe it isn't fixed, but the A arms don't break anyways...I don't know. Maybe I'm making too big of an issue out of it. I'd love to run some large tires on my ruslter to help with grass running, but I don't know how to do it without breaking something.
RPM! Lifetime warranty! Also, you need stiffer springs, or don't bash it so hard!
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Nov 03, 2014, 08:05 PM
Find More Posts by fastmax
RCP Me!
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Nov 2007
1,934 Posts
Excellent thread idea! A place for us to escape from our super strict threadsitter
fastmax is offline Find More Posts by fastmax
Old Nov 04, 2014, 12:27 AM
Find More Posts by Viral Thread
0ld Sk00l Basher
United States, OR, Medford
Joined Aug 2014
139 Posts
What's to stop us from just posting the pictures here and then discussing them?

(Astute readers might notice it's a buggy, but it's all good.)
Viral Thread is offline Find More Posts by Viral Thread
Old Nov 04, 2014, 01:48 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
16,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral Thread View Post
What's to stop us from just posting the pictures here and then discussing them?

(Astute readers might notice it's a buggy, but it's all good.)

Feel free to do so, the only main rule here is to be polite and respectful towards each other. Buggies welcome too.. Also this thread is not to compete with the sticky thread, it is mostly meant to fill the need to discuss pics of nice vehicles, and not having to resort to PM all the time.
Old Nov 04, 2014, 02:11 AM
0ld Sk00l Basher
Joined Aug 2014
139 Posts
I was just tossing some humor in there. You'll find I dabble in sarcasm.
Old Nov 04, 2014, 02:20 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
16,051 Posts
Humor is fine. AndI agree it's odd to have to resort to a second thread just to be able to comment on things, there's certainly some irony there.
Old Nov 06, 2014, 12:39 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
16,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHawk19 View Post
I found them on eBay.

Here is the desert buggy as it sits today!

This is one I wanted to comment on. Orange and black go so well together, makes this desert buggy look very nice.
Old Nov 06, 2014, 07:46 AM
Find More Posts by old moto head
multi rotor induced O.C.D
United States, OR, Eagle Creek
Joined Apr 2013
904 Posts
it looks so good that i had to take a second look and make sure it was R C
old moto head is offline Find More Posts by old moto head
Old Nov 06, 2014, 09:22 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
16,051 Posts
I agree. One minor thing, the front right tire has the pattern reversed. Seems like it should be switched with the rear left one.
Old Nov 06, 2014, 09:13 PM
Find More Posts by Chubbs
FPV Noob KD0VMK
United States, MO, Platte City
Joined Jun 2012
1,104 Posts
I'll post a couple of mine. I'm not sure what thread to use now, the original "nobody talk" thread, or this one. I think I prefer this one.

The first truck is my Turnigy trooper, which I've posted on here before. It was my first airbrush job. It turned out Ok, but I definitely needed some practice shading. A descent first try, though.

The 2nd one is my good-ol traxxas Rustler, with a brand new Jconcepts body on it. I'm much happier with how that paint job came out. That's what practice does, I suppose. It really pops, and the purple carbon fiber pattern looks great and is super easy to do. No one will mistake it for a real CF of course, but the look is there.
Chubbs is online now Find More Posts by Chubbs
Old Nov 07, 2014, 09:38 AM
Find More Posts by Creepy1
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
I'll post a couple of mine. I'm not sure what thread to use now, the original "nobody talk" thread, or this one. I think I prefer this one.

The first truck is my Turnigy trooper, which I've posted on here before. It was my first airbrush job. It turned out Ok, but I definitely needed some practice shading. A descent first try, though.

The 2nd one is my good-ol traxxas Rustler, with a brand new Jconcepts body on it. I'm much happier with how that paint job came out. That's what practice does, I suppose. It really pops, and the purple carbon fiber pattern looks great and is super easy to do. No one will mistake it for a real CF of course, but the look is there.
Very nice paint!
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Nov 07, 2014, 10:17 PM
0ld Sk00l Basher
Joined Aug 2014
139 Posts
Agreed. The faux carbon fiber looks sharp.