New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by Skyepuncher
United States, OH, Zanesville
Joined Sep 2012
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Wish I had something right now for Canada Day (today)
Happy Canada Day, Dude. Hope it was joyous!
Skyepuncher is offline Find More Posts by Skyepuncher
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM
Find More Posts by North_of_49
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
9,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyepuncher View Post
Happy Canada Day, Dude. Hope it was joyous!
Thanks, man. I posted that not long after midnight, so it's still happening. Will maybe hit some fireworks tonight

A couple of guys I fly with did this a couple of years ago..

RC Raptor Flying Wing Towing a Canada Flag on Canada Day, July 1, 2013 (3 min 30 sec)
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM
Find More Posts by darticus
United States, NJ, Sparta Township
Joined Mar 2007
1,172 Posts
I had a real problem trying to fly this E-Flite UMX Carbon Cub SS. I kept going into the ground but I think its now flying correctly. At a slower steady flight would flap full down dump this to the ground? On the new DX6 I have the flap set to 50% and 100% and 0% on a triple way switch. How sensitive is the flap down mode??? Asking before I hit the switch. Thanks Ron
darticus is online now Find More Posts by darticus
Last edited by darticus; Yesterday at 05:03 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM
Find More Posts by Skyepuncher
United States, OH, Zanesville
Joined Sep 2012
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Thanks, man. I posted that not long after midnight, so it's still happening. Will maybe hit some fireworks tonight

A couple of guys I fly with did this a couple of years ago..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUL9K2BtOaw
awesome. we are having flag problems like crazy. hope you don`t. it sucks.
Skyepuncher is offline Find More Posts by Skyepuncher
Old Today, 08:57 AM
Find More Posts by kalmon
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post

Brian - it's been awhile! How are things going on your end?

Joel
I've been really busy. I joined the Civil Air Patrol so that and my 5yr old and 2yr old have kept me busy!

My RC clubs airshow was last weekend, that was only the third time i've flown this season though... I need to get out more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon97239 View Post
Hey guys, could anyone here please help identify for me the biggest/highest capacity factory stock Hyperion 2S battery that will fit inside the little vault under a Carbon Cub?

Apologies for bringing this up again this week. It was an add-on question buried at the bottom of some other topics, and I believe it got lost in the shuffle.

Thanks in advance.
As Joel said the 500 fits. I personally really like the TP325 it is a 70C pack that charges at like 12C. I charge mine at 5C and it only takes 10-12 min to charge and balance. you'll get about 12-15 min of flying on that pack as well. It is heavy enough to give the little CC some usable mass but not so big that it can fly very well with the floats. RCBabbel made all my packs and I can't say enough good about his work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darticus View Post
I had a real problem trying to fly this E-Flite UMX Carbon Cub SS. I kept going into the ground but I think its now flying correctly. At a slower steady flight would flap full down dump this to the ground? On the new DX6 I have the flap set to 50% and 100% and 0% on a triple way switch. How sensitive is the flap down mode??? Asking before I hit the switch. Thanks Ron
if you're still a relative beginner avoid the flaps. They dramatically change the way the plane flies. In stable flight sudden deployment of full flaps would cause an immediate pitch up followed by a stall and pitch down, and most likely a crash. Start with 1/3 flaps see how the plane reacts, move up from there. just note that full flaps should be used only for the slowest of flights phases. i.e. Landings requiring a steep descent, takeoffs with a steep climb, extreme slow flight, etc.

-Brian
kalmon is online now Find More Posts by kalmon
Last edited by kalmon; Today at 12:17 PM.
Old Today, 11:55 AM
Find More Posts by darticus
United States, NJ, Sparta Township
Joined Mar 2007
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
I've been really busy. I joined the Civil Air Patrol so that and my 5yr old and 2yr old have kept me busy!

My RC clubs airshow was last weekend, that was only the third time i've flown this season though... I need to get out more.

As Joel said the 500 fits. I personally really like the TP325 it is a 70C pack that charges at like 12C. I charge mine at 5C and it only takes 10-12 min to charge and balance. you'll get about 12-15 min of flying on that pack as well. It is heavy enough to give the little CC some usable mass but not so big that it can fly very well with the floats. RCBabbel made all my packs and I can't say enough good about his work!

if you're still a relative beginner avoid the flaps. They dramatically change the way the plane flies. In stable flight sudden deployment of full flaps would cause an immediate pitch up followed by a stall and pitch down, and most likely a crash. Start with 1/3 flaps see how the plane reacts, move up from there. just note that flaps should be used only for the slowest of flights phases. i.e. Landings requiring a steep descent, takeoffs with a steep climb, extreme slow flight, etc.

-Brian
Thanks, I'll keep working on just flying for now and when I feel comfortable I'll try partial flaps. Thanks Ron
darticus is online now Find More Posts by darticus