Old May 17, 2015, 03:09 PM
Find More Posts by dpowellmeii
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60 View Post
dpowellmeii,
Sorry, I don't mean to be dense but this is a new area of the hobby for me, the Tower link is for an APC 6x4e (tractor) prop that they call a 'thin electric', are you running (or can you run) a tractor prop (facing forward)? To further confuse things the only 6x4 props I see on APC's website are the 6x4 sport (glow), a 6x4e, and 6x4ep both in the speed 400 series The thin electric series jump from 5x3 to 6x5.5 (tractor) and 5x3 to 7x5 (pusher), I don't mean to get all wrapped around the axles on the nomenclature but I just want to make sure I order the right prop and I'm getting a bit confused.
Sorry, I just now saw your post. Looks like your questions got answered anyway.

Not sure why they list the 6x4e as a speed 400 cause it is a thin e. I guess they just mean that it was originally categorized for speed 400 motors. Just ignore that. If it has an e at the end it's a thin e prop.

Yes, you can run a standard prop as a pusher or you can buy a pusher version if available. There's some debate that the pusher version on a pusher aircraft is more efficient. Still not sure on that.
dpowellmeii is offline Find More Posts by dpowellmeii
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2015, 05:38 PM
Find More Posts by cubcrafter60
Wada ya mean, over engineered?
United States, NV, Fallon
Joined Jul 2011
2,172 Posts
Thanks dpowellmeii, being a late arrival on the 'pusher' scene, I got a little confused on the nomenclature but I've got it sorted out now. It's just nice to be getting started on the project. I picked up several of both (APC 6x4e's & ep's) to experiment with but I'll probably start out with an ep initially just so I don't have to worry about the prop nut loosening up on me. Eventually though I'd like to try both to figure out my preference.

Thanks again, Robin
cubcrafter60 is offline Find More Posts by cubcrafter60
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by cubcrafter60; May 17, 2015 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Added comment