SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 11, 2015, 04:37 PM
Find More Posts by hang.solo
Joined Aug 2014
8 Posts
Thanks LilFatso..yours is nice as well
I will post pics of finshed product..its nice to have a replica rc of a car you own
hang.solo is offline Find More Posts by hang.solo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2015, 04:57 PM
Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,798 Posts
These cars are very cool. I wish someone made a little truck this nice.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Mar 12, 2015, 03:19 AM
Joined Aug 2014
8 Posts
This maybe off subject from the tz4...but i thought it fit.. here is another build..$20 feilun chassis with losi xcelorin,spektrum electrics....ohyea...its BRUSHLESS.. with a mini z honda s2000 shell
Enjoy the pics 💢💢💢
Old Mar 18, 2015, 03:59 PM
Find More Posts by Indianno
Joined Feb 2015
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hang.solo View Post
This maybe off subject from the tz4...but i thought it fit.. here is another build..$20 feilun chassis with losi xcelorin,spektrum electrics....ohyea...its BRUSHLESS.. with a mini z honda s2000 shell
Enjoy the pics 💢💢💢
Nice!

Is this more like a Mini-z awd clone or?

Still waiting for my alu wheels can't wait to screw them on and start drifting around again! When the car's ready I'll be sure to post some new pics and a clip while in action...

Let's hope there are some packets in the mail tomorrow!
Indianno is offline Find More Posts by Indianno
Old Mar 18, 2015, 04:53 PM
Joined Aug 2014
8 Posts
Quote:

Is this more like a Mini-z awd clone or?

Still waiting for my alu wheels can't wait to screw them on and start drifting around again! When the car's ready I'll be sure to post some new pics and a clip while in action...

Let's hope there are some packets in the mail tomorrow!

Its actually a "takara tomy drift package light" clone..toy grade but built for the sole purpose of drifting...so i gutted the elecs and put in a servo..xcelorin esc..2.4 spektrum reciever and losi 2.4 tx. Alot of fabricating to make proper fitments..i did alot of research online looking at pics anbd youtube vids to figure everything out. Its really fast. But i still like the tz4 better..maybe when i have more fun money i will go brushless on the tz4 chassis. But for now im trying to make a track to drift on
Old Mar 18, 2015, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by LilFatso
Joined Feb 2015
4 Posts
Mini scale trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
These cars are very cool. I wish someone made a little truck this nice.

Mini z made the overland which you can still find new for around $200 rtr. They are discontinued and parts are difficult to find as well as only 2wd and not great off-road but pretty cool all in all aside from the high price tag.

You can find 1/24 scale trucks made by losi, micro crawler or micro trail trekker, these are $150 new rtr but require customization for scale look, Chinese copies can be had around $70 rtr. Many parts available for them including multiple scale frame options.

I'm currently building a 1/20 Hilux crawler from a 1/24 losi crawler clone from banggood.com cost only 69.99 rtr and took around 3 weeks delivery to Maryland, they also sell a brass frame kit for use with 1/20 1/24 1/25 scale model bodies and has adjustable wheel base.

Pic below are not mine but show the frame I have and am building from and also to show what can be done with a little money, time and work with these 1/24 crawlers and a model kit for the body.

They make awesome scale rc's.
LilFatso is offline Find More Posts by LilFatso
Old Mar 18, 2015, 07:24 PM
Joined Feb 2015
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFatso View Post
You can find 1/24 scale trucks made by losi, micro crawler or micro trail trekker, these are $150 new rtr but require customization for scale look, Chinese copies can be had around $70 rtr. Many parts available for them including multiple scale frame options.
The brass one is really awesome a friend of mine has one. But is still looking around for the right body. He did say it took a little figuring out and some extra tools to put it together. But the result is really nice!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 08:03 PM
Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFatso View Post
Mini z made the overland which you can still find new for around $200 rtr. They are discontinued and parts are difficult to find as well as only 2wd and not great off-road but pretty cool all in all aside from the high price tag.

I'm currently building a 1/20 Hilux crawler from a 1/24 losi crawler clone from banggood.com cost only 69.99 rtr and took around 3 weeks delivery to Maryland, they also sell a brass frame kit for use with 1/20 1/24 1/25 scale model bodies and has adjustable wheel base.
They make awesome scale rc's.
Thanks for the reply. I've had the Losi 1/24 scale trucks really didn't care for them. I do have the 1/36 Highroller and like it a lot. Trying to stay smaller than 1/24 for indoors, I run the larger stuff outside. Not really much of a kit guy. I used to be back when I raced, but now I just like to buy and play with minimal ugrades.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Apr 19, 2015, 01:52 AM
Find More Posts by Aaro1985
Estonia
Joined Feb 2015
10 Posts
Okay, got the brushless ESC, the motor and the GR3f reciever hooked up, binded nicely, failsafe set but the car has only forward motion.

What am I doing wrong?
Aaro1985 is offline Find More Posts by Aaro1985
Old Apr 19, 2015, 06:18 PM
Joined Feb 2015
8 Posts
What is the model of your transmitter? And failsafe may be a bit unnecessary considering that you will probably be driving it indoors and won't ever get far enough to lose reception.

I even took of my antenna of my orange rx and still have more than enough range.

Does your transmitter have something like a race mode and normal mode?

Also do you have steering?

Also finally got my rims (not the black bbs style rims I wanted but happy with this ones too) Will post some pics in a couple of days. First a couple of small details I still have to sort out like lights and neon.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:41 AM
Estonia
Joined Feb 2015
10 Posts
Its the GT2F. Steering works well. Everything is there but reverse... also everything works with brushed motor and ESC so the transmitter is ok.
No race mode or something like that. Simple transmitter.

Will post pic also soon, got all the metal goodies and built another Impreza from them. So now I have two.
Last edited by Aaro1985; Apr 21, 2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 06:50 PM
Joined Feb 2015
8 Posts
Very strange
Old May 20, 2015, 06:08 AM
Joined Aug 2014
8 Posts
Just wondering...do you guys actually race them?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 05:04 AM
Estonia
Joined Feb 2015
10 Posts
So the second car has been assembled for quite a while now, thought I'll post it as I promised. Also the white impreza got the led light kit installed. Its from the mini-z and works perfect.