SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 26, 2015, 03:24 PM
Find More Posts by Oleg1
Joined May 2015
5 Posts
hi guys. i have kk2.15 need some advice pls.
I want the voltage sensor, and connected to "+" on board to "+" on battery. it works, but not quite sure if it show voltage correctly.
I measured the battery voltage with tester (multimeter) - tester shows 11.3 V but KK2.15 shows 10.8 V. on display. why the measurements are different? or thats how it works?
first time using KK board
Oleg1 is offline Find More Posts by Oleg1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2015, 03:29 PM
Find More Posts by ukbren
United Kingdom, Derbyshire
Joined Aug 2011
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg1 View Post
hi guys. i have kk2.15 need some advice pls.
I want the voltage sensor, and connected to "+" on board to "+" on battery. it works, but not quite sure if it show voltage correctly.
I measured the battery voltage with tester (multimeter) - tester shows 11.3 V but KK2.15 shows 10.8 V. on display. why the measurements are different? or thats how it works?
first time using KK board
I believe steveis' firmware has a voltage sensor offset facility - have a read through http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2298292. you would need to buy a firmware flashing tool (usbasp) though.
ukbren is offline Find More Posts by ukbren
Old Jul 26, 2015, 05:55 PM
Find More Posts by Fast AF
Joined Jun 2015
55 Posts
Hi
Have a KK 2.1
I have a problem during tight banked turns. Before exiting the turn, the quad will tilt forward a lot, so I either have to give it throttle to not crash nose in, or pull back on the elevator to keep it at the same level as it was before entering the turn. At which point it will stabilise right after exiting the turn, which I dont want. So I have to apply forward elevator to prevent this. A whole lot of stick action just to compensate for the unwanted forward tilt during banked turns.

Anyone knows why?
Fast AF is online now Find More Posts by Fast AF
Old Jul 26, 2015, 06:24 PM
Find More Posts by wingman69
United States, MI
Joined Jan 2009
644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast AF View Post
Hi
Have a KK 2.1
I have a problem during tight banked turns. Before exiting the turn, the quad will tilt forward a lot, so I either have to give it throttle to not crash nose in, or pull back on the elevator to keep it at the same level as it was before entering the turn. At which point it will stabilise right after exiting the turn, which I dont want. So I have to apply forward elevator to prevent this. A whole lot of stick action just to compensate for the unwanted forward tilt during banked turns.

Anyone knows why?
from the Steveis manual
MPU6050 Settings
Various sensor settings
 Gyro (deg/sec) Selects the full-scale range of the three axis gyroscope of 250, 500, 1000, and 2000/sec. The lower the value, the better the resolution. However, if you exceed the gyro range during flight, the multicopter will spin quickly and lose orientation (so self level will not work properly). Keep this value low for accurate flight, eg FPV. Beginners should stick with the default of 500. Experienced acrobatic flyers should increase this value to 2000 to ensure they do not exceed the range during their manoeuvres.
wingman69 is offline Find More Posts by wingman69
Old Jul 26, 2015, 06:34 PM
Find More Posts by WannaBeRC
Risk Taker, Prop Breaker....
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2014
351 Posts
Acro or self level? How tight? Can you post a vid?

I fly SL right now, but I don't think it make a difference in acro. (could be wrong though till I actually do it) Assuming you have a little pitch in to begin with, this is normal. Assuming steady throttle, the rig will drop altitude due to total thrust being also used for pitch and roll and yaw. Something as to give so its altitude.

Try this. Start high, get it going your desired speed with some pitch, do your bank turn as you do. You should notice that now you have the room for the drop and it's a nice smooth bank turn, but at a lower altitude upon exit the turn. The reverse it. start low, add throttle through the turn and it should climb and be higher at exit.

Depending on forward speed I notice I need to also work the elevator to maintain altitude. I also find I don't need much yaw input for a tight bank turn either.
WannaBeRC is online now Find More Posts by WannaBeRC
Old Jul 27, 2015, 03:06 AM
Find More Posts by Oleg1
Joined May 2015
5 Posts
how can i change between default Misc. settings to Misc. Settings 2 on screen? i dont have flashing tool, no pc cable - just the board.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 03:21 AM
Find More Posts by ukbren
United Kingdom, Derbyshire
Joined Aug 2011
1,009 Posts
unfortunately you are stuck with the original firmware.

anyone who has a kk2 board should invest in a programmer stick. it will give you access to more features / flexibility as well as more accurate control, by using rc911 or steveis firmwares. only a few dollars... http://www.ebay.com/itm/USBasp-USB-I...item20e548f73a
ukbren is offline Find More Posts by ukbren
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:16 AM
Find More Posts by raw89
Rapidly aging user
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined May 2012
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbren View Post
unfortunately you are stuck with the original firmware....anyone who has a kk2 board should invest in a programmer stick. it will give you access to more features / flexibility as well as more accurate control, by using rc911 or steveis firmwares. ..........
^^^1 what he said.....best investment a KK user can get...
raw89 is offline Find More Posts by raw89
Old Jul 27, 2015, 02:44 PM
Find More Posts by Oleg1
Joined May 2015
5 Posts
will buy usbasp cause it looks like i will need it. checked the version installed on my board - its 1.9s1 (pretty old is it). it was installed on board by default so guess ill need to update to 1.19s1 to be able to fix the voltage offset and have access to other settings.
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by zazz123
Joined Jun 2015
26 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am new to the KK2.1.5 and I have been playing around with the SL and MPU settings.

Is there a way to have the self level snap back to level faster as it seems to slowly roll back to level over 1 or 2 seconds.

My understanding is that the SL P and I will only give you more stick response in SL, is that true?
zazz123 is online now Find More Posts by zazz123