HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2005, 01:54 PM
Joined May 2005
12 Posts
GWS 4ch. receiver connections?

OK, before I make a mistake, what are the correct connections on a GWS RP4II (F) receiver? The 4 connectors are marked 1,2,3,and4/B. I am assuming 4/B is the battery connection. This is the stock radio system for my new GWS Beaver, and with all the paperwork that came with it, nothing actually shows this receiver connections for a 4 channel receiver. Schematics for 6 channel, and lots of written instructions, but not in the language I can read! I did notice that some other GWS receivers use channel 1 for battery, and some used the highest channel (or at least thats what the diagrams showed).

Matt
matrix66 is offline Find More Posts by matrix66
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2005, 02:07 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
Joined Jan 2005
28 Posts
The battery terminal is not used b/c the receiver will get battery power from the speed controller connection(throttle). The throttle is channel 3 I think. Channel 1 is for rudder, Channel 2 is for elevator, Channel 3 is for throttle. If you have aelerons, then they go on channel 1 and the rudder is channel 4. What you need to do is plug the speed controller in to channel 3 and then another servo in to 1 or 2. Then test the operation of your transmitter and then plug the servos in so that the controls work correctly (left stick up/down controls throttle, right stick up/down is elevator, right stick left/right is aelerons or rudder)

-Richard
gadget98 is offline Find More Posts by gadget98
Old Aug 04, 2005, 02:15 PM
Ship first, Improve often
Virginia
Joined Apr 2005
5,008 Posts
I just set one up the other day. Just as the last guy said

3 channel setup
Channel 1 = Rudder
Channel 2 = Elevator
Channel 3 = Throttle
Channel 4 = Battery

4 channel setup
Channel 1 = Ailerons
Channel 2 = Elevator
Channel 3 = Throttle
Channel 4 = Rudder/Battery

Generally you don't need the battery as it gets power thru the speed controller connected on channel 3.

You can see all of the GWS documentation here
L0stS0ul is offline Find More Posts by L0stS0ul
Old Aug 04, 2005, 02:25 PM
Joined May 2005
12 Posts
Thanks guys. ESC on ch.3 makes sense. I will have to look again, but I swear that the diagrams showed ESCs connecting to channel 1 on some of the GWS receivers. I did not look to see what the application was.
matrix66 is offline Find More Posts by matrix66
Old Aug 04, 2005, 03:23 PM
Naturally altered
Joined Feb 2005
2,519 Posts
Gws receivers are pinned out the same as their intended Radio system. What is written above would work for i would think for Futabas but JR versions are pinned out the following

1-Throttle
2- Ailerons
3- Elevator
4- Rudder
Cubber is offline Find More Posts by Cubber
Old Aug 04, 2005, 03:31 PM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,114 Posts
All correct above. Its more to do with the transmitter sequence than the reciever.If not using an esc, channel 4B is used with a Y connector with the batt. on one wire and the rudder servo on the other, assuming it's Futaba.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Aug 04, 2005, 11:37 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,935 Posts
It is solely dependent upon the transmitter. The receiver only separates and decodes the various signals and sends them out to their respective receiver outputs. It has no way of knowing what set of signals does what, nor does it care.

What transmitter are you using?

All the positive pins and all the negative pins are tied together - it matters not which set of pins you use to supply power.
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC