HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM
Joined Apr 2014
12 Posts
Discussion
skyartec nano cpx brushless vs Wltoys v977

so after looking for some new 6ch helicopter
i narrowed down to this 2 helicopters (the hisky HCP100 is an option but less cuz of none BL)
as i read the wasp nano cpx has some problems and poor durability but better TX
and some CNC parts
the v977 is good but the tx is abit laydown in compare to the wasp nano cpx 1
it has better battery and better construction as i read.
both are for around 100usd
so which 1 should i get?
or there better option at this price?
firerose is online now Find More Posts by firerose
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 02:03 AM
HELICOPTER SWAGG
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2013
389 Posts
I know nothing about either of these helis but if you plan on staying in the hobby I suggest a blade nano cpx and a spektrum tx. Much more durable and easy to get parts to fix when it breaks. If you want to stick with one of your 2 choices I'd go with the one with the better tx as the heli only flies as good as the tx.
yours truly is online now Find More Posts by yours truly
Old Today, 03:08 AM
Joined Dec 2009
71 Posts
or buy a walkera super cp with a devo 7e or 10, or buy a devo 7e and fly some other heli with deviation. That way you have a good tx. The wncpx is the best value/ flying 100 sized heli i know but it needs durability mods to be durable in a crash. I would stay away form the v977 like the plauge until wltoys releases speares.
IM back! is offline Find More Posts by IM back!
Old Today, 04:12 AM
Joined Apr 2014
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM back! View Post
or buy a walkera super cp with a devo 7e or 10, or buy a devo 7e and fly some other heli with deviation. That way you have a good tx. The wncpx is the best value/ flying 100 sized heli i know but it needs durability mods to be durable in a crash. I would stay away form the v977 like the plauge until wltoys releases speares.
there are spares parts now
but why the wncpx so not durable as all talk about in compare to other helicopters?
Old Today, 05:18 AM
Joined Dec 2009
71 Posts
ok I wasent up to date on that then, I cant say anything else about the v977 i dont own one. The wncpx plastic is slightly worse than others, and rotory servos are always less durable than linear ones but they fly better. After upgrading to a metal head/swash and glueing a cf rod to the servo holder its as slightly more durable than a v922/hcp100. Durability wise its been for me:

modded WNCPX > v922 > Super Cp > stock WNCPX > 450/250

Flight carectaristics:

450/250 > WNCPX > V922 >>>> Super cp (i hate fighting walkeras self leveling fbl units)
Old Today, 07:59 AM
Joined Apr 2014
1 Posts
Hi all, saw this post as i was looking for further information about the Skyartec Wasp Nano, so thought i would come and join RC groups.

To be honest i have one of the Skyartec NANO's, the Autoinvert version. have to say the model is tough - as an experienced flyer of fixed wing with little experience of heli's this has been brilliant.
The heli has been stable and agile as needed, i now have it trimmed hands off hover.

Someone mentioned that they are fragile - not in my experience, the only issue have found has been the tail skid broke off early on, hasn't bothered me but may have a bearing on why I have broken two tail rotors. I have also replaced the main blades but mainly because I chipped the originals against a wall being clever.
it has been flown indoors, outdoors, even through to inverted not a single issue with it and it has been crashed a few times - hard sometimes as i got the hang of inverted .
I have tried the Blade and to be honest while it is a great bit of kit, once you have added a spekky tx you could have bought a couple of the Skyartec helis and a some spares too, hence why i went for the Skyartec one.

Anyway, thats my 2c worth,
flyboy2u is offline Find More Posts by flyboy2u
Last edited by flyboy2u; Today at 08:05 AM.
Old Today, 08:24 AM
Joined Apr 2014
12 Posts
so someone can compare those both?
because the V977 is newer and better battery but the only laydown is the tx that the wncpx has better tx.
im really torn between those 2
Old Today, 08:26 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,539 Posts
Walkera and Blade offer a broard range/ size helis/ Quads. Devo/ Spectrum have some awesomw computer radios. Their quality is very good and nice birds.
skyatec has computer radio but only a few helis and TX works with nothing else.
WL toys has no computer radio. Now this maybe fine for Joe Bargain.
There are no clones over 100 sized c/p's. Parts are not available other than online over seas vendors..wait time. The V977 bl is weak and WL toys has five different protocols in its line up.
Blade has Spectrum/ Walkera has Devo. Devo 10 can be flashed to fly Devo/ pre DEVO Walkera/ Spectrum/ Futaba/ others etc. You could have one radio to fly almost all current helis/ quads. Plus cost is lower than DX6i.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Today, 08:38 AM
Joined Apr 2014
12 Posts
the thing is im not going to take this hobby too far.
just a 100usd 3d capable helicopter...
i wont buy new1 till this 1 is completely dead( and it can be due to all the cheap spares)
so the " 1 tx rule them all" concept isnt for me.
Old Today, 10:45 AM
Joined Dec 2009
71 Posts
that sentiment tends to change fast. but if your set on it the wncpx is the better choice since the durability of the v977 isn't too good either as far as I can tell from reading the tread, also spears are expensive. unless you like 6axis quad style self leveling (I hate it)
Old Today, 12:26 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,010 Posts
A BL heli is bound to be less durable than its brushed counterpart so it is likely that you will be spending more on spares later on. My experience with brushless motors is that they only last up to 50% more flights before they need to be replaced. I did not find that the V977 much more powerful than the V922. I have only had two flights so I cannot comment that much. The last flight ended up with a crash into a fence that resulted in two stripped servos. I hope this is an isolated incident but it would be best to wait for more user feed backs.

No manufacturer has made a 100 sized BL heli that is relatively devoid of problems. Definitely not the mCPX BL or the Trex 150. Walkera gave up making one after the V100D03BL a couple of years ago. You could end up spending much more money in the long term if you go with a BL heli now.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw