HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:10 AM
United States, IN, Fremont
Joined Jan 2010
82 Posts
Discussion
A newbie question...

OK, crashed my Radian yesterday but salvaged everything but the ESC. The nose broke off just ahead of the wing saddle. I had a PNP Radian on standby in case this happened and transferred the receiver over to the new one. I was unable to get any movement of the servos and thought the receiver might be damaged from the crash so I swapped it out for a known good one from an earlier crash last year. It is already bound to my transmitter so it should have worked but did not. My question is, looking down at the receiver, in which direction should those servo plugs be facing? The plug is solid on one side and open on the other where you can see the pins. One receiver is an AR500 the other an AR600. The battery is fully charged and when I plug it in I get the little beeps and the receiver lights up. Have run out of ideas at this point. TIA
Frank Church is offline Find More Posts by Frank Church
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2013, 12:47 PM
GARNER NC
Joined Apr 2009
442 Posts
There should be a diagram on the side or top of the Rx that showes which post is Pos. Neg. and Signal. Plug in according to that diagram and everything should work. Orange wire is signal, Red is pos. and Brown is neg.

Kevin
kunclebuc is offline Find More Posts by kunclebuc
Old Oct 13, 2013, 12:57 PM
Joined Jan 2010
82 Posts
Thanks Kevin, after I got my brain in gear I googled a "how to" video on the spektrum receiver..it showed me exactly what I needed to know. Rebound the receiver and it works fine now.
Last edited by Frank Church; Oct 13, 2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 13, 2013, 01:53 PM
Addicted to lazy-flying models
United States, AZ, Chino Valley
Joined Apr 2013
122 Posts
Sorry to hear about your crash! Most foamies can be epoxied back together from some pretty serious destruction, so I hope you can get yours back in the air.
azdiane is offline Find More Posts by azdiane
Old Oct 13, 2013, 05:31 PM
Joined Jan 2010
82 Posts
What was left of the front end was mangled pretty good and the ESC did not survive intact either. I was able to salvage everything else, even the Mobius wing cam was still mounted on the double sided sticky tape. I had a PNP Radian waiting in the wings so everything transferred over that was needed and now we're ready to go. Vertical flying can be expensive depending on which way it's pointed.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 09:38 PM
Addicted to lazy-flying models
United States, AZ, Chino Valley
Joined Apr 2013
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Church View Post
... Vertical flying can be expensive depending on which way it's pointed.
Push stick forward, houses get bigger. Pull stick back, houses get smaller. Pull stick back too far, houses get bigger again! Glad you had a spare.
azdiane is offline Find More Posts by azdiane
Old Oct 14, 2013, 01:31 AM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
6,769 Posts
I've had my Spectrum receivers, I forget which model or models, unbind themselves! I rebind them and they're fine. Not confidence inspiring. Take a bind plug to the field. If you're lucky, as I was, you can use two little screwdrivers to short the correct pins and rebind. Or you can short the incorrect pins and let the smoke out, which I haven't done yet, or, at least, not in this particular manner.
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:05 AM
Joined Mar 2009
2,279 Posts
I always keep an extra Spektrum bind plug in the battery compartment of my DX-7 transmitter.
320pilot is online now Find More Posts by 320pilot
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:14 AM
Joined Jan 2010
82 Posts
Yeah and are those ants down there getting bigger....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Church
... Vertical flying can be expensive depending on which way it's pointed.

"Push stick forward, houses get bigger. Pull stick back, houses get smaller. Pull stick back too far, houses get bigger again! Glad you had a spare."