HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:23 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
Aros/BM,

Can't find or in out of music wire to make those wire rods. Sorry n won't be going to hobby shop for till sometime this coming wk.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:34 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
See i ain't coming in hot im just landing SCALE . Sweet vid though, reminds me of my approaches 40* flaps before I bank on final, line up and touch down. thanks for sharing
Last edited by v8truckin; Oct 06, 2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:37 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,259 Posts
LOL v8! What a cool video...Talk about Bucket List!!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:31 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,259 Posts
Nice work!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:32 AM
Joined Jun 2012
371 Posts
I have read over half of the thread and I am ready to order the plane, but I am outside the US and shipping such a large box it really expensive, If any one still hase the original box of any of the 2 1700mm planes, could one of you mesure it for me? In or cm, H,W,L. and I know am asking for a lot but shipping weight would also help. That way I could work something out with my freight forward.

Thanks
PAPE is offline Find More Posts by PAPE
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:39 AM
Sweden, Skåne County, Malmö
Joined May 2012
67 Posts
Hi PAPE,received my P 51 recently and it's 50x45x145cm, got my shipped from Lindinger Austria they ship in EU, 419€ at you're doorstep
vilhelmsson is offline Find More Posts by vilhelmsson
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Apr 2008
247 Posts
Anyone can recommend a kind of glue for re-attaching the gear wells to the wing again?
I just came back from a great day of flying on a very wet and muddy field unfortunately. On the last landing I landed right in the middle of a mud pool, instantly ripping the gear wheel wells including still attached retracts from the wing. No other damage fortunately and easy repairable.

Be warned: it seems the wheel wells (plastic housing) is attached with CA, and only a little of it to the wing.

So, should I use the included glue (white tube) or buy something else?
Lenop is online now Find More Posts by Lenop
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:53 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
Regular 5 min epoxy works fine. I've had to do mine and they've held up great. Although I did add some FG cloth around the edges with epoxy for added strength. Just make sure everything lines up right before u glue or wheels may not sit right in wheel bay or plane may not track right on takeoff/taxi.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:55 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
Awesome BM!

Think I'm gonna go with red helmet, red chute straps, and great grey flight suit.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:45 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
7,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
That guy that flies that P-51 also flies RC as well
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:14 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,286 Posts
Don't forget the good old hot melt glue gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenop View Post
Anyone can recommend a kind of glue for re-attaching the gear wells to the wing again?
I just came back from a great day of flying on a very wet and muddy field unfortunately. On the last landing I landed right in the middle of a mud pool, instantly ripping the gear wheel wells including still attached retracts from the wing. No other damage fortunately and easy repairable.

Be warned: it seems the wheel wells (plastic housing) is attached with CA, and only a little of it to the wing.

So, should I use the included glue (white tube) or buy something else?
I flew foam wings in large combats where we would have as many as a dozen planes in the air at once trying to ram each other. A hot melt glue gun was one of our main tools!
Wild Wing Max Combat Sampler (1 min 23 sec)
I found an old video, I flimed this in American Fork, Utah. I used to live there. Boy! This was fun. I miss it.

Hot melt glue is simple to use, holds very well and is excellent at filling gaps. I have learned that if you take a cotton swap and put alcohol on it, it will release which makes future changes really easy.

Don't under estimate it.
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
Last edited by nageotte; Oct 07, 2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Add video
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:06 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,286 Posts
Real retraction sequence and timing.

Do you think there is a way to program the inner gear doors to close after the gear is fully extended?

North American P-51 Gear Retraction Test (0 min 41 sec)
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
Last edited by nageotte; Oct 07, 2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Add video
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined Apr 2008
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte View Post
Do you think there is a way to program the inner gear doors to close after the gear is fully extended?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAKFLTrQtxk
Yep. I used my TX to program the doors sequence. Others have used an external sequencer. Just be sure to remove the standard sequencer first.
Lenop is online now Find More Posts by Lenop
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:21 PM
Joined Jun 2012
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilhelmsson View Post
Hi PAPE,received my P 51 recently and it's 50x45x145cm, got my shipped from Lindinger Austria they ship in EU, 419€ at you're doorstep
Thanks that just what I needed. I am located in south America so my best option is to ship it from the US. I think right now banana hobby has the best price on it.I have bought from them before with no problems.
PAPE is offline Find More Posts by PAPE