that hasn't come out quite how I intended it to come out Boo
pkboo is offline Find More Posts by pkboo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2013, 05:36 PM
Professional Lurker
South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Ansan-si
Joined Jan 2006
672 Posts
I really like what you've done here. Fine work. Do you have any partitions or bulkheads inside the sub hull or is it one big open space? Was also wondering if your props are counter-rotating.

I think that with the earlier conversion I had seen about 20 years ago, the builder had it so the main deck was almost awash when in the water; the water was higher than the scale waterline. Then with minimal forward speed, he would put the dive planes down and it would submerge. He had only a slight positive buoyancy to make diving easier. He could also maintain depth with only 1/3 throttle setting.

In other words, I think you need more ballast.
Harquebus is offline Find More Posts by Harquebus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:08 AM
Is life for real?
Almere The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
1,320 Posts
Hi Harquebus, thanks! No, no bulkheads, its all open space inside. The props are not counter rotating, the motor is geared and turns both props in the same direction. I do agree, to make it dive I have to add ballast. That can be done, however it's also not watertight so diving might be a no return thing Boo
pkboo is offline Find More Posts by pkboo