HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2004, 09:21 PM
Kirkland, WA
Joined Mar 2004
24 Posts
Cessna

I'd like to get a Cessna, 40-60 size that has flaps and/or ret. gear. I don't know of any that have ret. gear but if somebody does then please do tell. I've found 90 size cessna's that have flaps but none smaller. Any help appreciated!
ExploreR is offline Find More Posts by ExploreR
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2004, 06:40 AM
Joined Jun 2003
57 Posts
How bout cutting flaps out of the wing yourself? Dunno if you are after ARF or build it yourself kits, but the Great Planes Cessna 182 is popular. I have the Kyosho equivilent with glass fuse - quality is quite good. It's almost ready to take to the air now. It has an OS 32 SX (high power) engine and hitec HS55s for the ailerons (better clearance in the wings and no need for the ugly bulbous covers)
That Topflite kit looks like a lot of work and afterall you would be nervous flying it after all those hours!! Haven't seen any cessna models with retracts.
Pistol is offline Find More Posts by Pistol
Old Apr 06, 2004, 09:10 AM
Kirkland, WA
Joined Mar 2004
24 Posts
By the way I'm more into arf's, I'm relatively new to this. I had no idea that you could make the flaps on the plane. Do you just split the ailerons? How much do you use of the ail? I've been loking at the great planes Cessna and I didn't know you could put flaps on it. I looked at kyosho's page and couldn't find the cessna they had. But thanks for your help!!
Old Apr 06, 2004, 09:23 AM
Joined Jun 2003
57 Posts
Kyosho discontinued their Cessna - not sure why!
The great planes arf is a built-up wing (not foam like kyosho's). You would have to do a bit of "reconstruction" of the trailing edge of the wing btwn the aileron and fuselage, plus linkages and another servo, to get the flaps operational. A 3 view of the cessna will help location etc of the flaps.
Have a look at the "Hanger 9" cessna ARF as another option - not sure as to which one is best. Hanger 9 make a huge 120 (i think) size cessna ARF too - beautiful but you pay big money! - comes with flaps installed.
Old Apr 06, 2004, 11:33 AM
La Sarre, Abitibi, Québec, Canada
Joined Jan 2004
10 Posts
Cessna 185

I have a Cessna 185 plan with flap, but no retract. Take a look to my website: www.mraerodesign.com
Closterman is offline Find More Posts by Closterman
Old Apr 06, 2004, 09:32 PM
Kirkland, WA
Joined Mar 2004
24 Posts
So it's now between the hanger 9 arf 182 or the great planes arf 182. As I stated before I'd like to put flaps on it so any input on which plane to get would be excellent! Thanks!!
Old Apr 07, 2004, 01:02 AM
Joined Jun 2003
57 Posts
Tower Hobbies for the Great Planes kit, and I think it is Horizon hobbies who stock the hanger 9 stuff. http://www.hobby-lobby.com have a good website for rc stuff, but no cessna as far as I know