HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2013, 01:09 AM
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZINATOR View Post
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...utm_source=EDM
more details

edit: I screwed up..LOL sorry I just got a " just released" from hk...old news huh?
No any news, I buy and paid one mini tz4 seven days ago but anything sent by hk... patient

If anyone is interested here's the buddycodes

Turnigy TZ4 AWD 1/28 Mini Touring Car (BND) Save US$: 7.71
pincopaolino is offline Find More Posts by pincopaolino
Last edited by pincopaolino; Oct 24, 2013 at 02:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2013, 06:56 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
This should be a great base for modding

Anyone interested might always one to keep an eye on this baby
http://kyoshosan.blogspot.jp/search/label/AMZ
islisis is offline Find More Posts by islisis
Old Oct 30, 2013, 03:52 AM
Sakura Ultimate graduate
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
476 Posts
That looks way nicer than the turnigy, me want!

Anyway... is that a floating servo mount on a 1/24??
SporadicIdiocy is offline Find More Posts by SporadicIdiocy
Old Oct 30, 2013, 08:15 AM
Joined Sep 2010
17 Posts
Yes, that is far superior in quality. Set to release before Chistmas. I just hope price no more than $200.
Cody01 is offline Find More Posts by Cody01
Old Oct 30, 2013, 08:38 AM
Cow R/C
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Nov 2007
1,701 Posts
It will no doubt be far superior in pretty much every way, and I'll probably have to have one. That said I'm sure it will be at least 3 times (if not more) the price of the Turnigy and for the many folks out there that will only mess around with the car on their kitchen, living room, dining room floor, etc the price difference is hard to justify.
fastmax is offline Find More Posts by fastmax
Old Oct 31, 2013, 04:33 AM
Sakura Ultimate graduate
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
476 Posts
Hmm it's FHSS.. I wonder if it'll work with a FHSS-2/FHSS-3 Tx like my MT-4?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 06:28 AM
Cow R/C
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Nov 2007
1,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SporadicIdiocy View Post
Hmm it's FHSS.. I wonder if it'll work with a FHSS-2/FHSS-3 Tx like my MT-4?
Curious to know the answer to this myself.
fastmax is offline Find More Posts by fastmax
Old Nov 06, 2013, 03:25 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Mine were said to have been shipped several days ago but they are not trackable.

Has anyone received there's yet? Getting antsy.....
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Nov 07, 2013, 08:14 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,699 Posts
Got mine today. They are not trackable on USPS.com until they arrive here. It seems that HK is now using a forwarding service that relabels the packages with a USPS sticker and reships them. Works for me. At first I was disappointed by the dull, matte finish body, but it has a nice flim on it to protect it that must be peeled off. I put the decals on and it looks great, Do not have time to bind and drive it tonight but will this weekend. Came in a nice retail box with a charger and instructions. Should be fun to drive. Lots of people are talking about mods and brushless, but I think it's going to be fast enough stock. The traction of the tires are going to be a limiting factor. Not that they're bad, they're just small. Suspension travel up front is very small, with the limited travel taken up by the spring coils all crushed up. Cutting the coils might improve this, but might also make it too soft up front. I won't try this unless I have spare springs. CF frame is super thick, like 450 heli thick. Should be quite durable. The main disappointment so far is the 5 wire servo, but this is the design from the manufacturer, and not Hobbyking. To change that would have meant a redesign of the board and a higher price. If someone totally changes this over to brushless, it looks like a HXT500 might fit with some mods. But it all should be fun stock, just trying to cover some initial questions I have seen, It looks like the battery connects to the board though the balance plug, and there is a spare 4 pin connector on the board, who knows what that's for. So has anyone else received theirs yet?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Nov 08, 2013, 08:04 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,699 Posts
I have the morning off so I bound it to my GT-3B and charged the battery. Pretty nice. The stock setup is pretty fast and has more power than the chassis can handle so I don't understand what you would do with more power. I've been messing with a few cheap micro cars trying to find something cheap but driveable and have not been able to until now. This handles nice and has precision steering. You just have to be easy on the throttle. I only drove it around my slick garage floor but I imagine it would do better on smooth concrete or pavement. I would like to try it out at the local carpet track, I think it would do great there. 4WD, real steering, differentials, CF frame. What more do you want for $50. And if something burns out I'm sure I can rig something up as it's large enough to fit a small Rx, but small brushed ESC would be hard to find. That would be the only reason to go brushless, but you can always dial down the power. I imagine a motor the same physical size as the brushed can motor in there would be way overkill. I need to adjust the servo linkages (yes, it looks like threaded control rods in there) because right now I have toe out. Don't we need toe in for cars?
Old Nov 08, 2013, 10:46 AM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Sounds promising so far. I'm crossing my fingers for mine arriving today.
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Nov 08, 2013, 11:24 AM
Nice
Joined Nov 2008
287 Posts
Are they similar to Iwaver/firelap cars or better .
Helicoy is offline Find More Posts by Helicoy
Old Nov 09, 2013, 04:49 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,699 Posts
Here is my video. It's horribly shaky from my son taking the video, but you get the idea. The video I uploaded is 480p. don't know why this is 360p on youtube. Looks horrible.

Turnigy TZ4 4WD 1/28 car (1 min 29 sec)
Old Nov 09, 2013, 10:05 PM
Sakura Ultimate graduate
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
476 Posts
For 4WD it's normal to have a little toe-out in front and toe-in rear. If you have toe-in front it'll make the car "twitchy" and hard to drive straight.

Anyway, it looks plenty fast, at least as fast as my MA-010 with X-Speed motor. I may have to get one after all... or wait for the Atomic AMZ... if it comes out before Christmas.. all the better.

This I don't mind bashing around in my driveway though.
Old Nov 09, 2013, 10:29 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,699 Posts
Yes, that's exactly how it's set up, with toe out in front and in at the rear. As second glance, I don't see threads so it may not be adjustable. I can see needing tires for this pretty quick. It actually drove much better after a few minutes once the slick surface of the tires wore off and now they are more grippy.