HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:05 PM
Joined Jun 2011
22 Posts
english is native lanuage, i think thats what u meant, im powering the receiver from a external source due not having any power to to vcc, im using the ftdi 5v breakout board to connect to the board, i do have say that when i was soildering the board the screwed the ground u were using so i used the 1 on the other side of the board next to pin 2
gdub is offline Find More Posts by gdub
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:31 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdub View Post
english is native lanuage, i think thats what u meant, im powering the receiver from a external source due not having any power to to vcc, im using the ftdi 5v breakout board to connect to the board, i do have say that when i was soildering the board the screwed the ground u were using so i used the 1 on the other side of the board next to pin 2
I use an AR6100 and the FTDI board, in that setup the Arduino powers the receiver. Can you send pictures of what you have put together?
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:33 PM
Joined Dec 2010
14 Posts
Has anyone tried accessing the video stream for remote viewing through this? Is there a way to divert the stream to RF with the arduino?
skantz is offline Find More Posts by skantz
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:47 PM
Joined Jun 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
I use an AR6100 and the FTDI board, in that setup the Arduino powers the receiver. Can you send pictures of what you have put together?
yep ill do that as soon as i get home
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:28 AM
Joined Jun 2011
2 Posts
X-bee

All,

Has anyone tried attaching an X-bee to the Arduino Pro Mini or the Arduino Nano 3.0? (on the Parrot, of course) Would this still work with Miru's program? (which, by the way, is an awesome piece of programing )

I know they X-Bee is compatible with the Arduino (although a drawing would be nice on how to hardwire the two) so I would like to attach an X-Bee instead of a RC Tx/Rx.

***Also, I know there are ground control stations available for the Parrott that operate without any additional Hardware. I am not interested in that; I have alterative motives for needing the X-Bee. I just wanted to see if anyone has attempted this before I do so myself.
Highspeedchase is offline Find More Posts by Highspeedchase
Old Jun 15, 2011, 07:24 PM
Joined Jun 2011
22 Posts
heres my setup, i know its a bit crude but its only temp, the =5v lead is black (ran out of wire) , iwas having trouble getting a sketch up loaded to the board , fixed that but still getting nothing when connect to hypertermal
Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:10 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,269 Posts
where are the pictures? PM me if you have trouble posting them here.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 09:10 PM
Joined Jun 2011
22 Posts
cant send the ones i have due to being to big, have to find a phone that doesnt take photos that are big, bare with please
Old Jun 19, 2011, 01:56 AM
United States, WI, Kenosha
Joined Nov 2004
106 Posts
Great project!
Mine came in at 10 grams and I love the plug-n-play methode.
I used an old parts laptop for the cable and molded a right angle to the exit wires(hacked up USB cable) from the connector with epoxy and black color tint added to make it look good and durable. I then stripped the AR6100 down to the bare min and double sided foam taped the arduino and rx to a strip of abs plastic with velcro behind that.
I also made the pin 10 connection to ground for setup attached as I am still playing with the code. It's insulated and connecting it to the ground pin on the rx binding post is a piece of cake without having to whip out the soldering pencil each time.
This has been a fun mod for my parrot drone!
Name: Picture 001.jpg
Views: 164
Size: 253.6 KB
Description:
Name: Picture 002.jpg
Views: 232
Size: 247.4 KB
Description:
mrdakota is offline Find More Posts by mrdakota
Last edited by mrdakota; Jun 19, 2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:59 PM
Joined Jan 2011
98 Posts
Hi,

My arduino seems to be dead.

The mod was working well for a few days now
I was flying this evening, and after a battery replacement the arduino was not working anymore.
The yellow led does not flash anymore, only the red one is still UP.

Tried to flash it again in the arduino software, it is not detected anymore... :/

Binary sketch size: 23502 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51
Orphee is offline Find More Posts by Orphee
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:38 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphee View Post
Hi,

My arduino seems to be dead.

The mod was working well for a few days now
I was flying this evening, and after a battery replacement the arduino was not working anymore.
The yellow led does not flash anymore, only the red one is still UP.

Tried to flash it again in the arduino software, it is not detected anymore... :/

Binary sketch size: 23502 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51
On rev 0.06 mine shows: Binary sketch size: 23494 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)
Old Jun 24, 2011, 04:19 AM
Joined Jan 2011
98 Posts
I need to check again, but maybe it is because I use 2 channel and not 3 position button ?

I just checked, and yes, it is because of :

#define S_LAND S_GEAR
#define S_FMOD S_AUX1
Orphee is offline Find More Posts by Orphee
Last edited by Orphee; Jun 24, 2011 at 04:25 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:47 AM
Aerhead
MN
Joined Mar 2009
213 Posts
Ftrim

Miru

My nephew Michael is almost done with a complete Kit using a FlySky 6Ch TX and a Mini Pro board to send to malder Post #311. All malder will have to do is plug it in, mount the mini pro+receiver combo and read how all the functions work. To make the receiver much smaller the case is removed and it is shrink wrapped with the mini pro. This makes a nice kit for $100.

My second converted AR Drone is working well. I used the yellow jacket from a previous ARD conversion and it works the same as the Mini Pro. The only thing I would like to change is the Ftrim and Emergency functions on the left stick. The FlySky 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx has dual rate which I set at 25% for roll,pitch and yaw. This works well for beginners but the yaw will no longer work with Ftrim and Emergency. Could you show me how to change the Arduino sketch so it will function with different yaw values?

Larry

Quote:
On rev 0.06 mine shows: Binary sketch size: 23494 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)
Aerhead is offline Find More Posts by Aerhead
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:41 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerhead View Post
Miru

My nephew Michael is almost done with a complete Kit using a FlySky 6Ch TX and a Mini Pro board to send to malder Post #311. All malder will have to do is plug it in, mount the mini pro+receiver combo and read how all the functions work. To make the receiver much smaller the case is removed and it is shrink wrapped with the mini pro. This makes a nice kit for $100.

My second converted AR Drone is working well. I used the yellow jacket from a previous ARD conversion and it works the same as the Mini Pro. The only thing I would like to change is the Ftrim and Emergency functions on the left stick. The FlySky 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx has dual rate which I set at 25% for roll,pitch and yaw. This works well for beginners but the yaw will no longer work with Ftrim and Emergency. Could you show me how to change the Arduino sketch so it will function with different yaw values?

Larry
line 887,888 change the 500 to 180 for SETUP mode
Code:
					     if (yaw <= -180) SIO_SP(" TRIM");
					else if (yaw >=  180) SIO_SP(" ESTP");
line 999 change 500 to 180 for emergency shutoff
Code:
			if (gl.rxs.fms == FMS_LAND && yaw > 180) { /* YAW/RUDD stick pushed right */
line 1032 change 500 to 180 for FTRIM
Code:
			if (yaw < -180) { /* throttle stick pushed left */
You could also just leave the yaw rate at 100% if that is possible.
miru
Old Jun 25, 2011, 06:23 PM
Aerhead
MN
Joined Mar 2009
213 Posts
miru

Yes I could but I really like aggressive handling and a very quick yaw would bother a beginner.
Michael (ssgtmacgyver) is at my place today and we are trying get his to fly. Both of the conversion are working but only on my AR Drone. His drone is flying well with an idevice and we are a little confused, which is not uncommon. His firmware is 1.4.7 and mine is 1.5.1 have you heard of this being a problem?

I'll change the sketch and see if it work now.

Larry

Quote:
line 887,888 change the 500 to 180 for SETUP mode
Code:
					     if (yaw <= -180) SIO_SP(" TRIM");
					else if (yaw >=  180) SIO_SP(" ESTP");
line 999 change 500 to 180 for emergency shutoff
Code:
			if (gl.rxs.fms == FMS_LAND && yaw > 180) { /* YAW/RUDD stick pushed right */
line 1032 change 500 to 180 for FTRIM
Code:
			if (yaw < -180) { /* throttle stick pushed left */
You could also just leave the yaw rate at 100% if that is possible.
miru
Aerhead is offline Find More Posts by Aerhead