HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2009, 09:12 PM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
Same here; RCTimer was quicker when this thread started; was 7-10days, last couple of orders are taking a bit longer, (still waiting for 2 orders, coming up on 2 weeks). I'm noticing the same slow arrivals from DinoDirect too; however, don't forget HobbyPartz, (shipped from US). Their orders get to me in 3-4 days with very good pricing, (if the item is in stock that is; they seem to have a lot of out of stock items). All in all though, RCTimer has the best shipping deal, great prices, and relatively decent customer service, (they are on the other side of the world after all...).
BTW: they charge tax on my orders?? Whose tax? Why are we paying a sales tax to a Chinese company? Nina, what is that tax? Anybody else wonder about that?

It's not tax. It's the fee they are charged by paypal and they just pass that on to you.
reacher10 is offline Find More Posts by reacher10
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2009, 09:23 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reacher10 View Post
It's not tax. It's the fee they are charged by paypal and they just pass that on to you.
Thanks, couldn't figure that one out. Gee thanks Paypal!!
sonny1 is online now Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Nov 09, 2009, 04:20 AM
Joined Feb 2009
2,792 Posts
Well, I got one of RCTimer 2830-13 Outrunner Brushless Motors; ad says 30A max, 850kv, 3.17mm shaft, comes with an x-mount, prop adapter & spinner for $9.99. I used a Volcano 30A esc, & 11x7 sloflyer prop, & a 3S 25C 2200mah Lipo, (Hobbypartz; $19.70). The motor ran very smooth, but was very warm to the touch after about 30 seconds, so I throttled down to 3/4. Other than that it worked perfectly; I will report bench test data soon. I'm going to put it in a 72" WS EP sailplane & compare it side by side with a twin equipped with a Rimfire 28-30-950, both using the above battery packs. Each will have an APC 12x8 folding prop, and I will post a flight report on each motors' flight performance in the exact same airplane and setup. Should be interesting comparing a $50 motor to $10 motor under the exact same conditions. The motor seems well worth $10 whether it out performs the Rimfire or not.....more soon,

Sonny
Old Nov 09, 2009, 05:16 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
559 Posts
Quote:
Well, I got one of RCTimer 2830-13 Outrunner Brushless Motors; ad says 30A max, 850kv, 3.17mm shaft, comes with an x-mount, prop adapter & spinner for $9.99. I used a Volcano 30A esc, & 11x7 sloflyer prop, & a 3S 25C 2200mah Lipo, (Hobbypartz; $19.70). The motor ran very smooth, but was very warm to the touch after about 30 seconds, so I throttled down to 3/4. Other than that it worked perfectly; I will report bench test data soon. I'm going to put it in a 72" WS EP sailplane & compare it side by side with a twin equipped with a Rimfire 28-30-950, both using the above battery packs. Each will have an APC 12x8 folding prop, and I will post a flight report on each motors' flight performance in the exact same airplane and setup. Should be interesting comparing a $50 motor to $10 motor under the exact same conditions. The motor seems well worth $10 whether it out performs the Rimfire or not.....more soon,

Sonny

Dear Sonny,

Thanks for your feedback, our goal: the highest quality, the lowest price, the best service!
If you have any inquiries please feel free to contact us.

Nina
rctimer is online now Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 09, 2009, 10:08 AM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jul 2008
275 Posts
Well I placed an order last night for a 3530 motor, a 30A ESC, a prop adapter, and a voltage reader. Everything appeared to go smoothly so I clicked "payment success" after paying, but then I got a notice that the payment "failed" and I need to contact the seller. I'm not exactly sure how to contact the seller so I thought I'd post here.

My order still says that it's awaiting payment, but the payment has cleared from my paypal account, and soon will be deducted from my bank account. I am not going to send another payment because then I will be billed twice for the same order (and at that price, I could go to the LHS!)

Please let me know what's going on here, I really don't want to be out $35 for nothing.

For reference, my order sn is 2009110960566.
Rota is offline Find More Posts by Rota
Old Nov 09, 2009, 10:13 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rota View Post
Well I placed an order last night for a 3530 motor, a 30A ESC, a prop adapter, and a voltage reader. Everything appeared to go smoothly so I clicked "payment success" after paying, but then I got a notice that the payment "failed" and I need to contact the seller. I'm not exactly sure how to contact the seller so I thought I'd post here.

My order still says that it's awaiting payment, but the payment has cleared from my paypal account, and soon will be deducted from my bank account. I am not going to send another payment because then I will be billed twice for the same order (and at that price, I could go to the LHS!)

Please let me know what's going on here, I really don't want to be out $35 for nothing.

For reference, my order sn is 2009110960566.
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your message.
Plesae don't worry, we have updated your payment state.

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 09, 2009, 11:34 AM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jul 2008
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your message.
Plesae don't worry, we have updated your payment state.

Nina
I just received the confirmation email, thank you Nina! I can't wait for the parts to arrive!
Rota is offline Find More Posts by Rota
Old Nov 09, 2009, 11:57 AM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,363 Posts
I have to reiterate that having a vendor rep here is amazing.

Thank you Nina and RC Timer!
mt_100 is online now Find More Posts by mt_100
Old Nov 09, 2009, 12:06 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100 View Post
I have to reiterate that having a vendor rep here is amazing.

Thank you Nina and RC Timer!
I have to agree. Maintaining communication with your customers like this is great. Thanks,

Sonny
Old Nov 10, 2009, 04:09 PM
That boy ain't right.
Austin, Texas
Joined Nov 2005
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by *shrug* View Post
This appears to be a common problem. I checked my order, number 2009102514300, and I see that my city was left out as well. It should read...
My order arrived yesterday in perfect condition, addressed exactly as it appeared on the RCTimer web site (missing the city). It appears, in least in my case, that the USPS was able to key off the zip code without a problem.

As for the contents of the package, I'm quite happy. I'll be ordering again!
*shrug* is offline Find More Posts by *shrug*
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:15 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,806 Posts
Nice. I am STILL waiting for my order.
Rick
rampman is online now Find More Posts by rampman
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:28 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman View Post
Nice. I am STILL waiting for my order.
Rick

Dear Rick,

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Please view your order state:
http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInt...abelInquiry.do

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:13 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,806 Posts
Nina, thank you. That explains the problem. It went to Fort Collins, Colorado. Not Gilbert, Arizona. About 1000 miles away from here.
Someone on your end put the incorrect shipment label on my order.
This is what I get when I put my shipment info in. (see image)
Now what happens?

Rick
rampman is online now Find More Posts by rampman
Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:44 AM
Joined Feb 2009
2,792 Posts
Rampman; Arizona? Colorado? must be right next door right? No big deal...sure. I think they are having the same problem with us as we are with them....a language barrier. It's obvious they struggle with their English, (just read some of the descriptions on their site; some are really kinda funny!). Put anything in your favorites folder on their website and you get "Flavours Success", which I suppose means "Favorites Success" or something. Generally though, they seem to be trying hard to do things right; I've gotten the fastest shipping from China I ever had from them, and their products seem to be well made. I'm sure they'll figure it out soon, good luck!

Sonny
Old Nov 11, 2009, 07:47 AM
Saskatoon, SK.
Joined Oct 2009
224 Posts
Quote:
Rampman; Arizona? Colorado? must be right next door right? No big deal...sure. I think they are having the same problem with us as we are with them....a language barrier. It's obvious they struggle with their English, (just read some of the descriptions on their site; some are really kinda funny!). Put anything in your favorites folder on their website and you get "Flavours Success", which I suppose means "Favorites Success" or something. Generally though, they seem to be trying hard to do things right; I've gotten the fastest shipping from China I ever had from them, and their products seem to be well made. I'm sure they'll figure it out soon, good luck!

Sonny
Yes it seems that RCTimer has all the intentions to make there business a successful one. And good for them, I hope it does.

But the one thing they need to change is the "mailing address" formatting software there website has.
etotheo is offline Find More Posts by etotheo