to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2015, 08:41 AM
Find More Posts by Onetwofifty
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2013
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
V3's I guess. They were very nice. Did seem a bit heavier then the V2's but it did have the new battery on the side.
Aside from being widescreen, how did the image compare to the DOMV2s? Could you even tell that the FOV was less? Was it sharper edge-to-edge?
Onetwofifty is offline Find More Posts by Onetwofifty
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Joined Feb 2005
3,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetwofifty View Post
Aside from being widescreen, how did the image compare to the DOMV2s? Could you even tell that the FOV was less? Was it sharper edge-to-edge?
Only had them on my head for about 30 seconds, no chance to do a comparison test. I thought the image looked great. If the FOV is supposed to be smaller, I didn't notice with the wide screen. As for the edges, I don't remember. When I fly, I am watching the center screen area, not the edges. The first view was amazing though, big improvement over the V2,s IMO.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:33 AM
Find More Posts by Onetwofifty
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2013
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Only had them on my head for about 30 seconds, no chance to do a comparison test. I thought the image looked great. If the FOV is supposed to be smaller, I didn't notice with the wide screen. As for the edges, I don't remember. When I fly, I am watching the center screen area, not the edges. The first view was amazing though, big improvement over the V2,s IMO.
That's great news. I was debating whether or not to get these or a pair of the V2s. I currently fly with 4:3 cameras, so the widescreen doesn't really help in my situation. Completely agree about concentrating on the center area when flying, but I also have OSD sitting at the corners of the screen, so would be nice to be able to read them when needed.
Onetwofifty is offline Find More Posts by Onetwofifty
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:50 AM
Find More Posts by TomC
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
2,713 Posts
First impressions are better than nothing but we really need to wait awhile until we get actual owner findings IMHO.
TomC is online now Find More Posts by TomC
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:18 AM
Joined Feb 2005
3,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
First impressions are better than nothing but we really need to wait awhile until we get actual owner findings IMHO.
The logical thing to do is wait for release and review, then buy or not buy. That's the logical approach but we all know it doesn't always work out that way.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:51 PM
Joined Feb 2005
3,299 Posts
I see that RMRC has 33 pre-orders for the new V3's. They do come with a new hard case that makes the faceplate fit. It may be available for those with the V2's, instead of the felt bag they give you with the separate faceplate.
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM
Find More Posts by AussieNewbie
A regular at PP
Joined Jan 2013
530 Posts
I remember a time when Mr Fatshark (rather unprofessionally) chimed in to mock Skyzone for producing goggles with a widescreen view - "Just shows they've got no clue!"

...but now, it's a feature in a Fatshark headset geared towards Lightbridge and other HDMI input users?

Riiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhht.
AussieNewbie is offline Find More Posts by AussieNewbie
Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM
Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
Team Warpsquad
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2009
1,833 Posts

Mr.Aaron is online now Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
Old Today, 01:33 AM
Find More Posts by TomC
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
2,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNewbie View Post
I remember a time when Mr Fatshark (rather unprofessionally) chimed in to mock Skyzone for producing goggles with a widescreen view - "Just shows they've got no clue!"

...but now, it's a feature in a Fatshark headset geared towards Lightbridge and other HDMI input users?

Riiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhht.
Big difference imho. Don't think that Skyzones at the time (or maybe even now) are hdmi/Lightbridge ready.
TomC is online now Find More Posts by TomC