SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 11, 2015, 02:27 AM
Estonia
Joined Feb 2015
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianno View Post
Very nice fit!
Thank you. Actually I ordered the body before I had the Q, and it was advertised as a 94mm, so that was a scare when I found out it was a 90mm. Luckily I got it to the stage it is now with the parts I found from china.

My goal posting here is giving people info about this product as there is not a lot of it found online. The body needed trimming the left side body mount as it was hitting the motor. It was a 2 minute job including the careful measurements by eye

I have also ordered some hopups, although not all of them yet. Still waiting for the light kit to become available on BG or somewhere else. But the big thing - it's going brushless. Already ordered the motor and ESC.
Aaro1985 is offline Find More Posts by Aaro1985
Last edited by Aaro1985; Feb 12, 2015 at 06:45 AM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2015, 02:45 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
14,582 Posts
I'd love to see some better pictures of that Impreza, looks good on that Q5.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Feb 12, 2015, 04:02 PM
Estonia
Joined Feb 2015
7 Posts
Here, some better pics.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 05:25 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
14,582 Posts
Nice, thanks!
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Feb 16, 2015, 01:24 AM
Joined Feb 2015
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaro1985 View Post
Thank you. Actually I ordered the body before I had the Q, and it was advertised as a 94mm, so that was a scare when I found out it was a 90mm. Luckily I got it to the stage it is now with the parts I found from china.

My goal posting here is giving people info about this product as there is not a lot of it found online. The body needed trimming the left side body mount as it was hitting the motor. It was a 2 minute job including the careful measurements by eye

I have also ordered some hopups, although not all of them yet. Still waiting for the light kit to become available on BG or somewhere else. But the big thing - it's going brushless. Already ordered the motor and ESC.

Pics of 2 of my mini q's, both stock aside from wheels, tires and bodies. I also have a brushless combo and every aluminum accessories on the way for another build along with 3racing ball diffs, cvd's and wheel nuts, it should be a fun little car.

I have 4 mini-q, mine are turnigy tz4 rebrand from HK. I really love these little cars they're amazing for the money.

Where did you find these parts for the 90mm conversion? I have been looking with no luck, could you possibly post a link to the site?

Thanks
LilFatso is online now Find More Posts by LilFatso
Last edited by LilFatso; Feb 16, 2015 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Pics
Old Feb 17, 2015, 02:35 AM
Estonia
Joined Feb 2015
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFatso View Post

Where did you find these parts for the 90mm conversion? I have been looking with no luck, could you possibly post a link to the site?

Thanks
Nice cars.
Here are links for the products I used. I think the gears are iwaver parts but I am not sure. Hope I could find another seller for these parts, as it was quite time consuming to get these parts from taobao.com

main plate
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...cket=13#detail

gears(I used the shortest one of them and the front pinion also.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=42709928188
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:23 PM
Joined Feb 2015
4 Posts
Got my parts here are some foto's!

Still some work to do need to figure out a power source for my 'neon' (also gonna paint the inside of the body black so the light doesn't bleed through)

Also going to put leds in the front and rear lights can't have neon if you don't even have actual lights...

Missing a wheel also. I first tried kyosho awd wheels but the offset wasn't right so switched to the original wheels and found out I lost one. So I'm going to order aluminium ones.

Need a new esc. Blew my old one trying to hook up my neon... :roll eyes:

I fixed the gear together with a friend of mine he had some copper tubing so we've cut the gear in half and made it longer. It needs some finetuning to make everything super smooth but we'll get there.
Indianno is offline Find More Posts by Indianno
Old Feb 23, 2015, 03:52 AM
Joined Jan 2015
3 Posts
Well, my parts finally arrived. The spur gear set i ordered works fine. So now my TZ4 has a 102mm body.
First i had both diffs replaced by 3racings ones but found out that a fully locked standard diff works better.
The little fellow drifts really nice right now, only annoying thing is the sound.
Creeper550 is offline Find More Posts by Creeper550
Last edited by Creeper550; Feb 23, 2015 at 07:54 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 03:24 PM
Joined Feb 2015
3 Posts
Quote:
Nice cars.
Here are links for the products I used. I think the gears are iwaver parts but I am not sure. Hope I could find another seller for these parts, as it was quite time consuming to get these parts from taobao.com
Thank you and thanks for the links, now I just need to find a good translating program or learn Japanese? Lol

Working on another car now, just finished paint. I'm also going to order the RCP wide L track this coming weekend to start getting some races going with friends.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 09:02 PM
Joined Feb 2015
4 Posts
Love the green corvette your paintjob really looks nice!

I ordered new wheels... Found this awesome (i believe Japanese) website that has tons of wheel styles in almost every offset you could wish. If you're looking for some awesome rims go check it out http://www.rcmini-z.com/

Ow if anyone is wondering we're I got the neon. It's from http://www.aliexpress.com it's called EL-wire you have a couple different colors and it's VERY cheap...

I payed like 3$ for 1 meter and you just cut it to the length you want. The power source are 2 AA batteries but on the pictures I connected it to a receiver for power. It worked but somehow the esc didn't like that and broke down.
So going to stick a little heli 1C lipo to the inside of the body and use this as a power source 3.4v should do the trick. I will probably hook up my leds for my front and rear lights to it too... This way my runtime won't be affected by the lightshow that will be going on...
Old Feb 28, 2015, 05:55 PM
Joined Aug 2014
3 Posts
My tz4 with custom fitted revell honda civic..still in the works
hang.solo is offline Find More Posts by hang.solo
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Estonia
Joined Feb 2015
7 Posts
Does anyone know how are you supposed to connect the brushless ESC and motor to the TZ4? The plugs dont add up....

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...rSearch=6000kv

and

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...?strSearch=15a

but how do you make them work on the car? It seems that something more is needed because I cannot connect the steering servo. And how do I bind it, it has no binding button...

Edit:
Okay, am I right that I need a different reciever for this brushless conversion. I run the model with the Flysky GT2F radio, so I recon I need the FS-GR3F reciever and then Im all set???
Last edited by Aaro1985; Yesterday at 02:10 PM. Reason: Solution?
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
Joined Feb 2015
4 Posts
Quote:
Edit:
Okay, am I right that I need a different reciever for this brushless conversion. I run the model with the Flysky GT2F radio, so I recon I need the FS-GR3F reciever and then Im all set???
Yes if you converted it to brushless you're going to need a separate receiver. I don't now the model for your fly sky transmitter. but normally any flysky ground receiver with 2 channels should work.

I did the same with mine only not brushless but I also use a separate receiver. Because I like my Spektrum transmitter and use it for all my other cars so found it a bit stupid to buy another transmitter. I use a tiny Orange RX wich I love because it fits the car perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang.solo View Post
Can't wait to see the complete car! Looks awesome already! Did you have to cut the body to make it fit?
Old Today, 03:37 AM
Estonia
Joined Feb 2015
7 Posts
Quote:
Yes if you converted it to brushless you're going to need a separate receiver. I don't now the model for your fly sky transmitter. but normally any flysky ground receiver with 2 channels should work.

I did the same with mine only not brushless but I also use a separate receiver. Because I like my Spektrum transmitter and use it for all my other cars so found it a bit stupid to buy another transmitter. I use a tiny Orange RX wich I love because it fits the car perfect.
Thanks for that. Im a bit over my head with this, expecting that everything is plug and play like one would think when reading HK info. But you live and learn, now I have this thing figured out... I think

Orderded all the hopups and another car and a 94mm Subaru body because the hopups cant be used with the 90mm body. The battery tray and the motor mount are too close to the rear wheels and will rub. You can make it fit on the battery side but not in the motor mount side, because of the body mount. Oh well, now I will have 2

FS-GR3F also coming my way, so the 94mm Impreza will be covered with all the hopups and brushless. Will post pics once assebled.
Old Today, 11:05 AM
Joined Feb 2015
3 Posts
Quote:
Love the green corvette your paintjob really looks nice!
Thanks, it's Tamiya TS-52 candy green pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang.solo View Post
Civic looks bad @$$ man, can't wait to see the finished product.

Here's another I fitted, it's an Iwaver ford GT body sitting on atomic wheels and rubber.