SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by DHjets, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
Alert
Toysonics shipping gimmic

Monday, July 2, I purchased a Rare Bear ARF from Toysonics.
During the online order process you must watch their ordering software with regard to shipping costs.
Their default shipping setting is the most expensive USPS priority mail. 2-3 days.
In my case $31.00 for a 55 dollar purchase for 1/2 lb. airplane.
If you change that to UPS ground and advance a screen, then return, it automatically reverts to the more expensive shipping option.
Well, they got me.
To make matters worse, I have yet to receive my order! 5 DAYS LATER!!!
If your going to be charged for 2-3 day expedited shipping don't you think you should receive the package in 2-3 days???
I of course sent an email to ask for a store credit or refund of the shipping charges to which the reply was basically go to hell as they refused to make ANY compensation. I still do not have my package.

I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of the City of Industry, Ca. and warning others that do business with Toysonics about their unscrupulous business practices.
It is a designed rip off. They know it and are intentionally OVERCHARGING for shipping and NOT delivering on their promises.
SHAME.
DHjets is offline Find More Posts by DHjets
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
UPDATE!!

NOW, I receive an email stating they have cancelled my order.
In other words, [B]5 DAYS later the item has not left their warehouse!
They are pathetic. period.
When you question their business practices they refuse to sell to you.
Spend your money elsewhere.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Jul 2008
5 Posts
First of all, when you calculate the shipping time, you have to include the processing time (24-48hrs) for us to prepare and pack your order. Besides, keep that in mind 7/4 is a holiday, and we cannot ship out the order, and that's why your order is shipped it on 7/5. Since we received your complaint, we have immediately issued full refund, and requested USPS to ship it back the package to us.

For Priority Mail, it is calculate by the dimensional weight, not the actual weight of the box, and that's why the shipping is higher than the ground.
We did not force you to use Priority Mail, you can choose for the Ground shipping, which is cheaper. In case you made the mistake on the shipping method, you can email us, and make the changes on it. Most of our customer choose UPS Ground as the shipping method without any problem.

The box dimensional is 24 x22 x5, 5lbs. Go to USPS.com, and see how much they charge us ($39.48)vs how much we charge you ($35.20). (Our zip code: 91745)
toysonics is offline Find More Posts by toysonics
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
I don't care Mr. Mok.
If you charge someone for PRIORITY MAIL 2-3 days you make sure they receive what they paid for.
You did not.
All you did was cancel my order when I complained as it had not even left your warehouse yet. 5 DAYS AFTER THE ORDER WAS PLACED.I paid to have it shipped and delivered yesterday. 2-3 days + the Holiday. $35 dollars.
You dropped the ball. Then got malicious and cancelled my order refusing service when all I wanted was you to credit the difference and send the package.

BAD service.
Last edited by DHjets; Jul 07, 2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
I have also filed a complaint with the better business bureau for your refusal of service and your shipping ripoff scheme.
Do not buy from Toysonics.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 06:06 PM
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
Furthurmore, The stated ship date via automatic email was the 3rd. Not the 5th.
Slightly misleading considering the package never left your building. If it had I would have it by now.
Below is the shipping receipt.

Toysonics.com Shipping Dept shipping@toysonics.com

Jul 3 (3 days ago)

to me
Dear Dean,

The following items purchased from Toysonics.com have been shipped.

Item: SKAG8858A : Rare Bear 4CH Mini RC Remote Control Electric Warbird ARF/Brushless Motor
As of now, I have yet to receive a credit. This constitutes theft of $91 dollars Mr. MOK.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Jul 2008
5 Posts
Anyways,we have already issued FULL REFUND THIS afternoon, and emailed you the refund receipt. Please allow 2-3 days for the refund back to your credit card account.
toysonics is offline Find More Posts by toysonics
Old Jul 06, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
What exactly was the purpose of the order cancellation Mr. Mok?
It was paid in full, supposedly shipped already...and you characterized it as "declined" which is a lie. Is this how you treat all your customers that point out your ripoff??
I asked you to refund the difference between 2-3 day priority shipping and UPS ground.
But, you, out of malice for complaining cancelled the order because I complained when you refused to keep your end of the bargain.
People, that is how these people work. They rip you off and when you complain to get whats right they refuse service.
Thats ok, I'm out a plane. ( Which I'll have next week.) for less money I might add. Your out thousands of dollars of potential sales when people are made aware of your BAD business shipping rip offs.
Who's got the last laugh??
I hope your little tantrum was worth it. I certainly hope your owners thinks it was a good business decision also. They will be notified in due time Mr. Mok.

And, still no refund. Funny, they charge you immediately, but credits to accounts take several days? AFTER they cancel a paid in full order with merchandise ready to ship?
I think they need to find a new shipping manager Mr. Mok
Last edited by DHjets; Jul 09, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 07:58 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,809 Posts
At this point I wouldn't deal with you either. But hey...that's just me.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:56 PM
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
Hey, just trying to keep other people from being mislead and ripped off.
I have ordered from them several times before and never had a problem.
Being in business myself and shipping nearly 300 requests a day, I adhere to integrity and honesty when dealing with customers as they are my lifeblood.
Toysonics does not.
If you charge someone for something, you provide the service you charged for. Period.
Toysonics did not. And when presented with a reasonable request of refund of the difference in shipping to reflect what I was receiving they refused.
Mr. Wood, sorry you feel that way.
I guarantee if they ripped you off, you would complain too.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:55 PM
characters welcome!
Joined Feb 2000
26,809 Posts
I have my ways. Getting in a pissing match online isn't one of them. You appear out of control. He doesn't. <shrug>

mw
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:39 PM
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
So are you just a troll or do you have something meaningful to contribute? Hey, I ordered. Paid. waited.THEY did not deliver.
What exactly is out of control?
I got an earful of excuses on the phone, half of which I could not understand and still no satisfaction.
IF it had shipped when they said it did with 2-3 day delivery that I paid for I would have the plane. No issues or problems. I have a very legitimate complaint.
They would not even make good on what they advertise or a compromise.
And you make me out to be the bad guy?
You obviously have no business experience whatsoever. Or are an employee of Toysonics! LOL!
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:01 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHjets View Post
So are you just a troll or do you have something meaningful to contribute?
You literally made me spit out my dinner in laughter when I read this. Oh the irony.
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:48 AM
characters welcome!
Joined Feb 2000
26,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHjets View Post
You obviously have no business experience whatsoever. Or are an employee of Toysonics! LOL!
Wrong on both accounts. But I guess I can't expect you to know that. Ranting really is no way to accomplish anything.

mw
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
Hey Mark,

I accomplished nothing trying to get what I paid for the right way.
As it stands, I have reached nearly 1200 people in 4 different forums and proved their shipping manager to be a liar.
That's 1200 people that will be more wary of Toysonics shipping scheme.
A number which is growing exponentially by the day.
I do not have an airplane... big deal. They may loose thousands in sales. Bigger deal.
Seems to me, a 15 dollar credit and some truth would have solved the issue.
Toysonics choice.
Closed Thread