SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:28 PM
United States, ID, Sandpoint
Joined Apr 2009
805 Posts
Discussion
Spoilerons & DX9

I'm trying to program my DX9 for Spoilerons and just can't quite get it right. Whether I mix in the Ailerons to the Elevator or Elevator to Flap the ailerons move in opposite directions and I want them to move in the same direction. Can someone please share how to mix the surfaces so that both ailerons move in the same direction?
crobar is offline Find More Posts by crobar
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 01:14 AM
Joined Apr 2009
805 Posts
Progress report: The ailerons are now activated by the Elevator but the right ail goes up with the rudder and the left ail goes down. Can someone suggest a way to get the left aileron to go up with the right aileron?
Old Yesterday, 04:24 AM View Post
Super Plane
This post is hidden because the author is currently suspended. Show it to me anyway.
Old Yesterday, 06:43 AM
Australia, ACT, Flynn
Joined May 2013
42 Posts
You'll have to change the aircraft type to Flaperon. You should then see the flaperon menu. Spoilerons are just negative flaperons. You can also mix in elevetors in the flaperon menu. Hope that helps!
wibing is online now Find More Posts by wibing
Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM
Joined Apr 2009
805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibing View Post
You'll have to change the aircraft type to Flaperon. You should then see the flaperon menu. Spoilerons are just negative flaperons. You can also mix in elevetors in the flaperon menu. Hope that helps!
I have it in Flaperons and I'm looking at the Flap System Menu , I tried a variety of numbers in the windows and I have done the same in the Mixing window with ELEV to Flap menu. I need more specific information because nothing I do makes the ailerons move together in the same direction. Can you tell me exactly what menus I should be dealing with and what numbers go where so I can just get the ailerons moving together? Does anyone actually have Spoilerons set up in their transmitter that can give me more detailed info?
Last edited by crobar; Yesterday at 03:33 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
1,017 Posts
You do have each aileron on its own Chanel correct? You can't use a y harness for flaps or spoilers. So you need a 5 or more channels receiver with separate aileron channels.
Gregertman is online now Find More Posts by Gregertman
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM
Joined Apr 2009
805 Posts
Yes, the ailerons are on separtate channels (Ail & Aux 1). I am set on Flaperons as well and when I activate the Elevator in the Flap system window the ailerons are not moving with it.
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,621 Posts
Have been working in PM's... but like I was saying, get the ailerons working correctly first, without worrying about flaps.

Then setup the flap system in a basic way. Switch D up-ailerons up, middle-neutral, down-down. (Use -20/0/+20 or something similar, just to get started.)

Once you have basic flaperons working on switch D... then we can talk about mixing elevator-->flaps/spoilers.
This is *not* in the flap system menu. (That is for mixing in the other direction... to compensate for applying flaps.)

In any event, don't worry about elevator until you have basic aileron and flap/spoil functions going correctly.
The video I sent should get you the basic function.
C_Watkins is online now Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member