HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2015, 05:40 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,436 Posts
You are awesome on the stick Integrity, every time I watch your videos I see more and more improvement. Hell of a job man...hell of a job. You were fun to watch a couple years ago because we didn't know what catastrophe would happen next.
Now your just fun to watch.

Don't know what to suggest to you on your RPM bog.
Happens with different batteries?
Do you have voltage monitoring up and running to warn you of a voltage drop?
All connections are tight?
Anything feel hot after flight?
Are you using the CC governor? I know you like to run your own throttle curves.
If its not connections, battery or motor, must be the ESC.

I usually have something similar when flying in freezing temps. I'll get a kick ass voltage drop until the batteries warm up, then its OK. The battery voltage monitors will just cry their hearts out until the battery temps come up.
A VIKING is offline Find More Posts by A VIKING
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2015, 07:13 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING View Post
You are awesome on the stick Integrity, every time I watch your videos I see more and more improvement. Hell of a job man...hell of a job. You were fun to watch a couple years ago because we didn't know what catastrophe would happen next.
Now your just fun to watch.

Don't know what to suggest to you on your RPM bog.
Happens with different batteries?
Do you have voltage monitoring up and running to warn you of a voltage drop?
All connections are tight?
Anything feel hot after flight?
Are you using the CC governor? I know you like to run your own throttle curves.
If its not connections, battery or motor, must be the ESC.

I usually have something similar when flying in freezing temps. I'll get a kick ass voltage drop until the batteries warm up, then its OK. The battery voltage monitors will just cry their hearts out until the battery temps come up.
It hasn't happened again since this one time. I do have my telemetry running and it didn't sound off for RX or flight voltage. I have been going over all my battery connections and motor connections and cleaning them. Which has seemed to keep this from happening for the most part. It seems like oxidation causes some problems on the batteries. I think this time it was the throttle connection. The ESC is the the front and the RX in the rear. There is a jumper connection in between and I think i had become oxidized.

Yes, I am using the CC governor.

Is anything hot after a flight? Scorpion motors run pretty hot after a 3D flight. I have the burn marks under my arms from reaching over the heli to unstrap the batteries to prove it.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Jan 23, 2015, 07:27 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING View Post
Oh yeah, batteries have wicked high internal resistance when cold. But if you lay them in a heating blanket to get them nice and warm before flying, they will punch right from the start. That is what a lot of guys do flying F5B or racing, etc. Some guys build whole boxes dedicated to warming and maintaining the temperature of their lipos until it is time to fly.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk