HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2015, 09:20 PM
JKasprak
Fayetteville, NC 28304
Joined Jan 2010
862 Posts
Tracy,
As far as flying you should have no problem. It flies similar to a sport plane and really has no bad habits as long as you fly it in a scale manner and no 3D.
Takeoffs and landings can be challenging. You have to let it rollout and build up speed on takeoff to avoid stalling (true of any warbird/taildragger.) Landings are uneventful ... just fly it down to the ground and let the speed bleed off and touch on it's own.
John
propchief is offline Find More Posts by propchief
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:35 PM
keep um between the tree's
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Feb 2013
1,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by propchief View Post
Tracy,
As far as flying you should have no problem. It flies similar to a sport plane and really has no bad habits as long as you fly it in a scale manner and no 3D.
Takeoffs and landings can be challenging. You have to let it rollout and build up speed on takeoff to avoid stalling (true of any warbird/taildragger.) Landings are uneventful ... just fly it down to the ground and let the speed bleed off and touch on it's own.
John
thanks man! metalguy has seen me fly my stang and spit both by dyman. i was wondering if you guys have upgraded esc and 4s on this thing ? and if so what amp esc, 50?amp enough ?
thanks for the reply its in the cart will pull trigger on the first of the month!

Dynam P-51 Being Put Thru The Ringer :) (6 min 24 sec)

tracy
kildar is online now Find More Posts by kildar
Old Jan 12, 2015, 06:22 PM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
3,033 Posts
Kildar, a 50 amp hobby king esc is what I have in mine, and I can go 4s, but it really doesn't need it.------Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old Jan 12, 2015, 06:50 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Cańada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,811 Posts
Stukas were super slow flyers. I think personally 4s would be ridiculous.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jan 12, 2015, 08:34 PM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
3,033 Posts
Even on 3s, this one is pretty fast!
-----Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old Jan 13, 2015, 08:20 AM
The Balsa Farmer
United States, AR, Sherwood
Joined Jul 2005
571 Posts
I enjoy flying my Stuka on 3S 2200s. Its not a speed demon by any means. But, it can carry the mail if you push it. Mine has been repainted from the winter camo to a summer camo. (would lose it on cloudy days -lol) As for flying it, loops and rolls are pretty easy as long as you give yourself altitude and time for it to complete the maneuver (i.e. its not a snappy 3D plane). As said before, takeoffs aren't too bad, but you have to get the tail flying before trying to take it off (and stay on the rudder) Landings, I set up a good approach, let it bleed off speed (Ii usually use 1/2 flaps, not that they are needed) and I try to three point the landing to stop any bouncing (i do this with all my warbirds that are taildraggers). It has good low speed handling for me.
bassfisher is offline Find More Posts by bassfisher
Old Jan 17, 2015, 07:38 AM
CH Spring
Canada, ON, Osgoode
Joined Mar 2008
387 Posts
I pulled the trigger on one of these yesterday. It will be shipped to my brother in Louisiana. I will build it up and fly it when I visit him in March.

It is -26C here this morning. Not much flying going on although the winter camo paint scheme would fit right in.

Cheers!
Spring is offline Find More Posts by Spring
Old Jan 17, 2015, 01:18 PM
London, Ontario
Joined May 2006
817 Posts
Hello guys, has anyone used the stuka for FPV?
im planing on getting one for fpv, nothing crazy just the bear minimal; camera, mini Vtx, pam tilt and a dead simple osd.

- How is the room inside for battery?
- Is there room inside the cockpit for a tilt camera?

Thanks guys any help will be apreciated
Patrizio_g is online now Find More Posts by Patrizio_g
Old Jan 17, 2015, 06:53 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Cańada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,811 Posts
There is not room in the plane. I made a special canopy to put my 808 camera in it and with small weight transmitter you possible could shove it all in the canopy area.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jan 17, 2015, 07:43 PM
keep um between the tree's
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Feb 2013
1,805 Posts
thnks for the input guys , the reason i say 4s is thats the only batts i have .

tracy
kildar is online now Find More Posts by kildar
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:29 PM
London, Ontario
Joined May 2006
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
There is not room in the plane. I made a special canopy to put my 808 camera in it and with small weight transmitter you possible could shove it all in the canopy area.
Thanks man i appreciate it, i may have to look into another bird
Patrizio_g is online now Find More Posts by Patrizio_g