New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:40 AM
Find More Posts by stickbanger2
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Sep 2014
31 Posts
Help!
Phoenix error

I am flying on Phoenix v3.0 on Windows 8.1. I upgraded to 5 not long ago and had issues with it running smoothly. I uninstalled and reinstalled v3. All was well until i opened Phoenix 2 weeks later and get a Phoenix has encountered an error window. As click my way out it gives me 2 other windows. The first window says, simApplication::createWindow-windowcreation/applicationfailed. The 2nd window says No Window Created. The 3rd window says simrenderer::_createDevice-no window for attachment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried reinstalling and no go. All drivers and updates are to date. Thanx!
stickbanger2 is offline Find More Posts by stickbanger2
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:08 PM
Find More Posts by TheSelf
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Jan 2011
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickbanger2 View Post
I am flying on Phoenix v3.0 on Windows 8.1. I upgraded to 5 not long ago and had issues with it running smoothly. I uninstalled and reinstalled v3. All was well until i opened Phoenix 2 weeks later and get a Phoenix has encountered an error window. As click my way out it gives me 2 other windows. The first window says, simApplication::createWindow-windowcreation/applicationfailed. The 2nd window says No Window Created. The 3rd window says simrenderer::_createDevice-no window for attachment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried reinstalling and no go. All drivers and updates are to date. Thanx!
did you figure this out?- I'm geting exactly the same errors on my new Windows 8.1 PC..it worked fine on my old Windows 7 PC..I've tried running in compatibility mode but still the errors come up..
TheSelf is offline Find More Posts by TheSelf
Old Apr 12, 2015, 10:15 PM
Joined Sep 2014
31 Posts
No Self I still have this problem. It ran fine on this same Win 8.1 for an entire year before this happened. I also put this same post on Flying Giants forum with lots of views but no replies. Horizon Hobby is suppose to be a support for this software. I sent a message to them and they replied with, "We have never encountered this problem and you will need to contact PhoenixRC directly" They gave me a link. The link only produces a 404 error page. Thanks Horizon for nothing. If you come across a solution please fill me in with a PM here. I will do the same for you if I come across a solution.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 02:40 AM
Find More Posts by slipstick
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
11,328 Posts
So have you contacted Phoenix RC directly ? Perhaps using the Worldwide Support link on their website since US support doesn't work for you ? That's always supposing your error isn't one covered in the FAQ on the same page ?

http://www.phoenix-sim.com/support.asp

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Apr 16, 2015, 05:41 AM
Joined Sep 2014
31 Posts
I found a solution. I simply refreshed my laptop which is an option offered in Windows 8.1 and all is well. I lost several downloads while refreshing but nothing I can't get back. Be sure and uninstall Phoenix before starting.
Last edited by stickbanger2; Apr 16, 2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 07:48 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Jan 2011
344 Posts
Quote:
I found a solution. I simply refreshed my laptop which is an option offered in Windows 8.1 and all is well. I lost several downloads while refreshing but nothing I can't get back. Be sure and uninstall Phoenix before starting.
thanks- but doesn't refeshing the computer remove all 3rd party installed programs, games etc even though it keeps all files? For me- that would take forever to reinstall and match the inner settings and configurations of the multiple other 3rd party games , sims and programs..and all for phoenix..not worth it for me..hoping there is way to solve this without going to those lengths as all my other games/programs are running fine.. at least I have realflight 7.5 in the interim but phoenix's helciopters fly more realistically in my opinion
Last edited by TheSelf; Apr 23, 2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old May 09, 2015, 11:18 AM
Find More Posts by Brad_Yster
Joined May 2015
1 Posts
Hey guys, did anyone manage to find a proper solution to this problem as of yet.
I'm stuck with it now, I did the system refresh solution and it then opened the application but once I got to the end of the transmitter setup it froze every single time - version 2.5 and 3. So I doubt then that it's the game itself.

I then had to allow my PC to install the windows updates, which would not download before I had refreshed my PC(problem), and then the Phoenix sim for version 2.5 and 3 gave me the same error which was discussed in the beginning of this thread. It's annoying as I have a 6ish year old Samsung pc which runs the latest software fine when this Lenovo PC(win8.1) is 2 months old and will not run the simulator.. any suggestions and help will be much appreciated thanks guys.
Brad_Yster is offline Find More Posts by Brad_Yster
Old May 09, 2015, 03:23 PM
Find More Posts by IXMaGiCX1
United States, IN, Avon
Joined Nov 2006
52 Posts
Hey guys! So today I decided to install this on my Windows 8 laptop and had the exact same issue you all are having.

Here's how I fixed it:

I went to the phoenix RC site and went to the Downloads section and downloaded the file under "Have an earlier version of Phoenix?"

Here's A Direct Link To The Update

Once downloaded I unzipped it into a new folder on my desktop and ran the exe file.

Once it installed it opened up perfectly fine and said there was a 5.0.w update so I went ahead and updated that as well.

Smooth sailing now! I hope this fixes it for you too. I was super frustrated and didn't want to 'refresh' windows 8. So glad I didn't have to.
IXMaGiCX1 is offline Find More Posts by IXMaGiCX1
Last edited by IXMaGiCX1; May 09, 2015 at 05:01 PM.
Old May 10, 2015, 06:30 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Jan 2011
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXMaGiCX1 View Post
Hey guys! So today I decided to install this on my Windows 8 laptop and had the exact same issue you all are having.

Here's how I fixed it:

I went to the phoenix RC site and went to the Downloads section and downloaded the file under "Have an earlier version of Phoenix?"

Here's A Direct Link To The Update

Once downloaded I unzipped it into a new folder on my desktop and ran the exe file.

Once it installed it opened up perfectly fine and said there was a 5.0.w update so I went ahead and updated that as well.

Smooth sailing now! I hope this fixes it for you too. I was super frustrated and didn't want to 'refresh' windows 8. So glad I didn't have to.
Thanks so much IXMaGiCX1 ! You Rock! this worked for me too without having to refresh my PC! Great find!
Old May 11, 2015, 04:02 PM
Joined Sep 2014
31 Posts
Thank you Self for the link. My solution by refreshing did not last long and went back to the error message boxes. I used your link to run the exe. file and it now works again. It went ahead and updated it to ver. 5. I will just have to get use to the new edit menus. Thanks again.
Old May 11, 2015, 04:28 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Jan 2011
344 Posts
Quote:
Thank you Self for the link. My solution by refreshing did not last long and went back to the error message boxes. I used your link to run the exe. file and it now works again. It went ahead and updated it to ver. 5. I will just have to get use to the new edit menus. Thanks again.
It's IXMaGiCX1 we have to thank for the file
Old May 12, 2015, 10:16 AM
Find More Posts by IXMaGiCX1
United States, IN, Avon
Joined Nov 2006
52 Posts
I am very happy to hear this worked for you guys as well!
IXMaGiCX1 is offline Find More Posts by IXMaGiCX1