Old May 12, 2015, 04:44 AM
Find More Posts by Lexman
Hardware & software developer
Sweden, LuleŚ
Joined Mar 2014
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
However, most of the delay was not caused by DJI but your dealer and their lack of understanding of the warranty repair process. I hope you receive your LB unit back soon.
Hello Ed,
Ok, every coin has two sides
Lexman is offline Find More Posts by Lexman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2015, 10:12 AM
Find More Posts by bighdd
Joined Sep 2014
11 Posts
Hi,
Could you please advise where I can purchase/order new DJI air system antenna (not panel one).

My one was cracked by prop suddenly. Do you think I can fly with one left far enough? Do you have any suggestion for good replacement?
bighdd is offline Find More Posts by bighdd
Old May 14, 2015, 02:36 AM
Find More Posts by salier
Robert Salier
Melbourne Australia
Joined Mar 2010
17 Posts
Tahoe Ed. I disagree, and the facts of the case don't support your assertion. Lack of communication was an issue with my dealer, but taking over 4 months for warranty repair is due to DJI and their processes. DJI's communication also appears to be lacking. Below is an apology from the dealer Flying-Hobby, which also provides some interesting insight into average RMA/warranty turn-around times for DJI. Flying-Hobby are aware I am posting my experience and communications where relevant on this forum.

The good news is that I have been informed that the unit is finally now in transit back to me. I have no way of knowing whether this is in part due to an email I sent to Michael Patrick Perry, Public Relations Manager at DJI.

------

Subject: Re: Complaint re DJI Lightbridge RMA

Dear Robert,

Finally this case shall be over few days later when you receive your lightbridge, still as a supervisor to our company I shall again apology to this unbelievable poor experience you had with us ‘cause no matter what we don’t want to lose a valued customer like you, though we know the chance getting you back is quite low actually. I couldn’t endure such a thing if I were the one facing the same situation as you.

I check the thread you posted on regroup sometimes, I was surprised as well when I saw how DJI representative replied, but I couldn’t make any correction there ‘cause we just wanted your case to be taking care well and fast as expected, though such a simple thing seems to be difficult to them. Still here I need to let you know that the words “your dealer and their lack of understanding of the warranty repair process” is not entirely accurate. According to our experience for being DJI’s distributor since they release their first product, the RMA process always takes 2~4 months.
We need to send the item back to DJI’s local HK repair center, and the item will be there waiting for about one month then to be collected and sent back to DJI China headquarter. After getting that it would take another 4~6 weeks for them to make an arrangement to repair it. Then it would go to the last stage, it will take another 2~4 weeks waiting for their shipping staff to arrange the shipment. What you just experienced is exactly the last stage.

From now on, for all DJI RMA cases, we won’t go as the traditional standard return process that takes unbelievably 3~4 months, we just hired a new staff recently and will be fully responsible to take the DJI RMA items back to China each week instead of DJI HK repair center, it’s actually illegal and against DJI’s RMA principle, but can save much time than before.

It’s a shame on me that needed to write an apology letter explaining such a issue, as mentioned we truly don’t want to lose such a valued customer like you.
Sorry but also thank you for letting us reconsider the our service process and make it better.

Sincerely,

Alex
www.flying-hobby.com
salier is offline Find More Posts by salier
Old May 14, 2015, 02:51 AM
Robert Salier
Melbourne Australia
Joined Mar 2010
17 Posts
The good news is that my Lightbridge is now in transit back to me, after over four months for a warranty repair. A few days ago I sent an email to Michael Patrick Perry, Public Relations Manager at DJI asking him to help with my return, pointing out issues with unacceptably long turn-around times for RMA/warranty repairs, and if they are doing anything to address it. I also asked him to comment about DJI’s trade practice of charging for warranty repairs.

DJI’s lack of response is disappointing. I will let this forum know if I do eventually receive a response.

------

Sent: Thursday, 14 May 2015 5:47 PM
To: Michael Patrick Perry
Cc: 'Robert Salier'
Subject: RE: DJI - poor service and support is damaging DJI's brand. My personal experience

Michael,

Could you please respond to my earlier email. This issue is getting airtime on the forums at rcgroups.com and djiguys.com. My earlier email is posted there, and note of no response. The RC and drone community will be interested in DJI’s response, or lack there-of.

Regards,
Robert Salier

---

Sent: Sunday, 10 May 2015 10:51 AM
To: Michael Patrick Perry
Cc: 'Robert Salier '
Subject: DJI - poor service and support is damaging DJI's brand. My personal experience

Michael,

I am reaching out to you in desperation, and to make you aware of how DJI’s extremely poor service and support is damaging DJI’s brand. It is now over 4 months since I returned my DJI Lightbridge for a repair under warranty. After well over 30 emails of follow up and many hours of my time, DJI support have apologised, saying they have a very large backlog … but I am left still waiting.

I am also extremely surprised and disappointed that DJI are charging for repairs under warranty. I have never encountered this before from any company. By my understanding is illegal according to Trade Practice legislation in my country (Australia), and I would expect many countries.

You can read more about my experience on RCGroups.com and DJUGuys.com
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...101579&page=47
http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7172
I continue to update this with relevant news and communications from DJI and the distributor Flying Hobby, as my experience unfolds.

Michael – I am seeking your help with the following:
• Please help with the repair and return of my DJI Lightbridge. It has been over 4 months that I have been grounded and unable to pursue developing business opportunities with my drone
• Could you please comment on behalf of DJI about DJI’s trade practice of charging for warranty repairs
• Could you please comment on behalf of DJI about DJI’s admission they have an extremely large backlog of service repairs leading to turn-around times of many months, and directly impacting continuity of business for drone operators. Does DJI acknowledge they have a problem in this area? What is DJI doing to address this issue?

Regards,
Robert Salier
Last edited by salier; May 14, 2015 at 03:09 AM.
Old May 14, 2015, 09:53 AM
Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
13,003 Posts
Poor DJI Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by salier View Post
Iím having a very frustrating experience with my Lightbridge. Wondering if anyone has had similar issues, and any suggestions you may have.

I bought a DJI Lightbridge system in June 2014 from Flying Hobby. The control-in connector on the ground system (where you plug the transmitter) did not hold the 3.5mm plug very tightly, and the plug could easily slip out. This problem got worse over time until the connection became unreliable and I had to fix the plug in place with cable ties. I then had a couple of instances where the loss-of-signal failsafe triggered at just 100-200 meters range. Further investigation showed that the antenna-1 connector was intermittently faulty leading to intermittently very low signal strength on antenna-1. At this point I realized I had to return the unit under RMA to be fixed or swapped.

Flying Hobby confirmed they had received the unit on January 16, and said it would probably take 1 to 2 months to be dealt with by DJI. It is now three months later. I have sent several emails to Flying Hobby support asking the status, but they have simply not responded. A couple of days ago I posted a request for help on the Flying Hobby Facebook page, but again no response.

I have now been grounded for over 3 months. Has anyone had similar experiences? Can anyone suggest what I could do at this point?

Regards,
Rob.
Rob,

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to you. DJI did receive your unit on January 23rd. The unit was evaluated on January 24th and repairs were completed on the 27th and the unit tested on the 30th. We shipped it back to your dealer, Flying Hobby, on February 3rd. Our shipping was free of charge though it was noted that Flying Hobby charged $40. Your unit was received by Flying Hobby. The total time your unit was in DJI's possession was 10 days not 2-3 months. I have attached our service record for your information.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Tradecraft Case for the Inspire
Old May 14, 2015, 08:23 PM
Robert Salier
Melbourne Australia
Joined Mar 2010
17 Posts
Taho Ed,

Thanks for your response. I need to correct two facts though.

1) The unit was not with DJI for only 10 days. I have the communication history to prove this.

2) The $40 service fee for the warranty repair originated from DJI. Flying Hobby passed this on to me ($38 + paypal fee). I have attached a copy of this invoice to this post.

It is disappointing that a DJI representative would present incorrect facts.

Rob
Old May 19, 2015, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
13,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by salier View Post
Taho Ed,

Thanks for your response. I need to correct two facts though.

1) The unit was not with DJI for only 10 days. I have the communication history to prove this.

2) The $40 service fee for the warranty repair originated from DJI. Flying Hobby passed this on to me ($38 + paypal fee). I have attached a copy of this invoice to this post.

It is disappointing that a DJI representative would present incorrect facts.

Rob
Rob,

You are correct. I was responding with the data that was available to me. It appears that Flying Hobby sent two LB units in at the same time. That caused the confusion on my part and on the part of DJI. I am sorry for your inconvenience.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Tradecraft Case for the Inspire